Renegade X Multiplayer Release Date - Beta Screenshots!

Hey everyone,

Wondering when the multiplayer version will be available, I currently haven't participated in the multiplayer beta and was wondering if implementing online features is ever going to happen.

It would be nice to publish a public beta and provide the download link above next to:

- 'DOWNLOAD RENEGADE X: BLACK DAWN'

If anyone has any information about the multiplayer version and what content it currently holds please post below some following details (multiplayer only).

- Gamemodes in multiplayer.

- Building available to capture or destroy.

- Gun and character lists.

- Ranks and leveling up system.

- All multiplayer beta screenshots.

- All beta gameplay footage.

- Anything else!

Thank you, I am very interested.

pzr9.png

Edited by Guest

• Totem Arts Staff

Release date is not yet out, but expect it to be released by the end of the year.

1. Gamemodes: For the first release, just C&C mode.

2. You can destroy all base buildings and capture tech buildings.

3. All C&C Renegade characters with a couple weapon differences.

4. Ladder, but no achievements or RPG ranks with the first release.

5. Check out the "News" section for all of our updates and videos.

December 2012 preview:

September 2012 game design video:

New trailer, videos, and info - coming very soon!

If players could post some multiplayer beta screenshots below that would be great!

Things to talk about...

- Leveling separate characters.

- Trading of items sounds good.

- Player slot cap per map.

- AI limits and difficulty depending on player performance.

Edited by Guest

If players could post some multiplayer beta screenshots below that would be great!

Things to talk about...

Well they have put out a few screenshots as they went a long their facebook has some pretty neat screenshots: https://www.facebook.com/CNCRenX

Beta testers are not allowed to share anything with the public, but this rule will be lifted in the coming weeks. More on that later.

I've watched these videos over and over and would like to be involved within the beta - any change of this to materialize?

We are not looking for new beta testers.

Beta testers are not allowed to share anything with the public, but this rule will be lifted in the coming weeks. More on that later.

I should start to collect some new material then ;)

Things to talk about...

I'm sorry I'm confused by this? There's going to be a leveling system?

Things to talk about...

I'm sorry I'm confused by this? There's going to be a leveling system?

I believe he wants a discussion about maybe adding a leveling system which if done right can be neat but it also could give it a cod-like feel which I am not excited about.

God please no to leveling or equipement systems. The reason I play Renegade is because of its unique gameplay, and mostly because I can join and leave WHENEVER I feel like it. I can take 3 months break and join as 'same level' as everyone else again, not worrying about falling behind after a break or such...

God please no to leveling or equipement systems. The reason I play Renegade is because of its unique gameplay, and mostly because I can join and leave WHENEVER I feel like it. I can take 3 months break and join as 'same level' as everyone else again, not worrying about falling behind after a break or such...

An equipment system could be cool if done correctly same with the leveling system. Maybe you don't like the default pistol you could switch it to different pistol. My preferred equipment system would have all weapons available to all players with no leveling up or anything. Now with a leveling system that would work in a game like renegade would be a system that is based on achievements in the battlefield like vehicle kills/player kills and when you level up something small like adding player a small amount of speed to the player armor or health to their character or vehicles somewhat similar st0rm or MPF(I believe they bought st0rms code after st0rm died or something like that idk) The system I described could go more in depth and include higher level ups for destroying building and would reset at the end of each game. If you do use a system like that please do not take it as far as cod takes it kill streaks are retarded. I would have it be more like a promotion to something like it says."Congratulations you have just been promoted to blackhand."(Maybe theme the ranks to CNC?) I also think that system would need to attach maybe a bigger reward for repairing buildings and vehicles to encourage team play. Everyone knows that to be successful in renegade you need to have people who repair and people who drive vehicles as well as infantry to infiltrate and to stop infiltrations. The problem is normally only good team players repair and they do that when their vehicle blows up.

I am sure there are many other way that those kind of systems could be added and not ruin the game it's all up to how much imagination you use in implementing it. I do agree that a over all leveling system would be a bad idea but a game-to-game leveling system that you are reset back to the bottom level each match that would be cool.

the leveling system you mentioned about MPF is about the same as most C&C games have. you destroy or kill enemy people or stuff, up to a certain percentage of the value of your own character (like 300%, which means a deadeye needs to kill 1500 credits worth of people/tanks/structures in order to level up). once this happens, you get faster, stronger and more resillient.

the thing in MPF is, every 'thing' you destroy/kill/repair/disarm is worth so many veteran points, and by a certain amount which is the same to every character you level up. once this happens, you get access to exclusive items like (a limited amount of) turrets and SAM sites. this way you get rewarded by being good, but only in a way to defend your base or a certain position, which is beneficial for the whole team.

An equipment system could be cool if done correctly same with the leveling system. Maybe you don't like the default pistol you could switch it to different pistol. My preferred equipment system would have all weapons available to all players with no leveling up or anything. Now with a leveling system that would work in a game like renegade would be a system that is based on achievements in the battlefield like vehicle kills/player kills and when you level up something small like adding player a small amount of speed to the player armor or health to their character or vehicles somewhat similar st0rm or MPF(I believe they bought st0rms code after st0rm died or something like that idk) The system I described could go more in depth and include higher level ups for destroying building and would reset at the end of each game. If you do use a system like that please do not take it as far as cod takes it kill streaks are retarded. I would have it be more like a promotion to something like it says."Congratulations you have just been promoted to blackhand."(Maybe theme the ranks to CNC?) I also think that system would need to attach maybe a bigger reward for repairing buildings and vehicles to encourage team play. Everyone knows that to be successful in renegade you need to have people who repair and people who drive vehicles as well as infantry to infiltrate and to stop infiltrations. The problem is normally only good team players repair and they do that when their vehicle blows up.

I am sure there are many other way that those kind of systems could be added and not ruin the game it's all up to how much imagination you use in implementing it. I do agree that a over all leveling system would be a bad idea but a game-to-game leveling system that you are reset back to the bottom level each match that would be cool.

League of legend got that type of system but they don't have engineers. I understand your reason, but you'll just end up with a bunch of engineers(It doesn't fix the problem). That's why you got clans, groups and tournaments. The leveling system just creates more of an annoyance.

An equipment system could be cool if done correctly same with the leveling system.

Wow hold on a minute. You can have something here!

like adding player a small amount of speed to ....

no

adding armor or health to their character or vehicles.

hahano

would have it be more like a promotion to something like it says."Congratulations you have just been promoted to blackhand."

Also no.

The only argument I can read here is "It would be cool if". I have to side with Woandre. You can join Renegade any time and (most of the time) can reduce your disadvantage to nothing. I like getting levels and getting stronger, but not in any multiplayer. Giving the better players more advantage? What kind of nonsense is that? I like the idea of beating other players. I like the idea of gaining the advantages myself. Buying the right character/tank, strategic insight in the situation and plain better shot... or luck if it comes to that. Just giving me extra advantages because I play longer and am a good shot is bull. Especially if you have killing streaks. Focus on tanks or start noobjetting all the time and the whole game gets f*cked up.

What I do like about the idea is changing equipment. If you are very good in a game, you can choose an extra skin, or change the weapon (a wooden med or golden shotgun for example) to show your skill. The changes would give you no advantages, but would speak well with the show-boasting that the internet is.

And if you really want to give people a little edge for being good, give them discounts or something. 500 less for an airstrike, 200 less for a light. The closest to a direct advantage in a fight might be more slots for weapons. No direct bonuses like "omg you just got to lvl 50, here is an auto-aim" style. Your toughness and skill should be coming from you and you alone.

If you still want all the other stuff with bonuses and the like, maybe ask someone to create an extra side server option. Plenty of people will be able to add it when Renegade-X is done. Probably also plenty people who want to play only to tear though their enemies with lots of level bonuses and boast about it. So you are probably (certainly) not alone.

@ You: What do you mean with trading items? Isn't the whole plan to have a character and you can discern most characteristics, like its most probable loadout, by the character?

The AI thing might be an idea, but that could lead to having bad players "fight" the AI and better players gunning them down easily.

Many players have different approaches to what they wan't in a leveling system.

I agree with many players saying they don't want it like Call of Duty.

I prefer simply stat saving and comparing your kills on the hiscores, please examine below.

hjfa.png

The selected class is a Solider level 1.

The same account also has a level 3 Shotgunner and other classes.

I would prefer it if these levels didn't provide bonuses for the players as I prefer everyone to be equally matched.

Quick idea of class stats.

Solider:

+5% Run Speed

+7% Ammo

Shotgunner:

+2% Credit Income

+7% Explosive Resistance

The thing about Renegade was that it had a pickup and play draw that made it easy to approach. You weren't penalized for joining a match late, in fact you could jump in and out as you saw fit without much of anything negative happening.

If we had a leveling system, then it would benefit players who play more than players who don't. It is never fair to give more features to players with more experience. It only expands the gap between the haves and the have-nots. It also makes balancing the game a nightmare.

Every character in the game needs to be equal and there should never be any sort of leveling or upgrade system applied. It would completely ruin one of the main draws of the original Renegade.

The only argument I can read here is "It would be cool if". I have to side with Woandre. You can join Renegade any time and (most of the time) can reduce your disadvantage to nothing. I like getting levels and getting stronger, but not in any multiplayer. Giving the better players more advantage? What kind of nonsense is that? I like the idea of beating other players. I like the idea of gaining the advantages myself. Buying the right character/tank, strategic insight in the situation and plain better shot... or luck if it comes to that. Just giving me extra advantages because I play longer and am a good shot is bull. Especially if you have killing streaks. Focus on tanks or start noobjetting all the time and the whole game gets f*cked up.

I doubt you even entertained my ideas. Most ideas can be good if it is done with the right amount of moderation. Also you are assuming that I mean make these advantages over powered. What I actually mean is a very slight changes in speed a slight addition to armor and the whole point behind my ideal systems is to make TEAMPLAY more encouraged then the original game.

What I do like about the idea is changing equipment. If you are very good in a game, you can choose an extra skin, or change the weapon (a wooden med or golden shotgun for example) to show your skill. The changes would give you no advantages, but would speak well with the show-boasting that the internet is.

And if you really want to give people a little edge for being good, give them discounts or something. 500 less for an airstrike, 200 less for a light. The closest to a direct advantage in a fight might be more slots for weapons. No direct bonuses like "omg you just got to lvl 50, here is an auto-aim" style. Your toughness and skill should be coming from you and you alone.

That would be stupid(and a direct rip off from cod).... A game like renegade is not about skill it is about teamplay and tactics. Skill has importance of course but a team of highly skilled snipers or even tank operators(for lack of a better term) will get demolished by a team of tactical players who work as a team. Encouraging skill is one of the reasons NOONE plays the game modes in Call of duty anymore they just go for k/d no matter what gamemode it is.

What I think would be cool for a weapon system maybe a gun system that are all almost the same but slight variations(damage/range wise) with different models and you can choose between them. Sometimes I hate how a certain model looks so I do not use the gun.

The thing about Renegade was that it had a pickup and play draw that made it easy to approach. You weren't penalized for joining a match late, in fact you could jump in and out as you saw fit without much of anything negative happening.

What if your base was almost wiped out and the enemy team is just kill whoring?(happens all the time) I do get what you mean though but that statement wasn't 100% not even 60% true to be honest.

The only argument I can read here is "It would be cool if"...

I doubt you even entertained my ideas...

What I do like about the idea is changing equipment...
That would be stupid(and a direct rip off from cod).....

Uhm, let me re-write this all please (with a few corrections off course).

experience --> skill --> good leadership --> epic teamplay.

Skill but no experience + ignorance---> camping/whoring for 20 minutes --> friendly building destructions --> ragequit = waste of talents.

No ladies and gentlemen, ignorance is NOT always bliss, so the next time someone tries to plan a rush, don't leave him inside the base lonely and join him. Once others see multiple tanks inside a base waiting near the airstip or WF they automatically follow. You need experience to be skilled and in order to get some teamplay going you're really going to have to get some skills. But that really isn't a problem, because everyone has to do it.

If you're going to add other elements like individual perks, skill gets replaced by reliability on weapons, and that oindeed leads to unfair situations.

So how do you prevent this while still leaving your options open? Well, you can indeed make cosmetical upgrades rewarded to frequent players. This could be skins (remember that player which was running around as a dinosaur or a clown with only pants on which you didn't know how he got it?), or a military rank below your name?

A good solution also could be giving the team as a whole a small perk by the veteran system. You repair/attack/disarm/ so much without dying, get enough veteran points (or you could make the points last until the game ends) and gain a rank. By this way, extra perks get aquired through skilled play for 1 game only, not pointwhoring for weeks/months.

What I think would be cool for a weapon system maybe a gun system that are all almost the same but slight variatios(damage/range wise) with different models and you can choose between them. Sometimes I hate how a certain model looks so I do not use the gun.

Remember that is is being discussed if you watched the recent podcast. :P

This is not true. Every match has at least 1 player which manages to carry their side to victory, or hold out enemy attacks a little longer for the team. If that person leaves because his teams sucks or just didn't want to play anymore, their team is likely to lose.

What if your base was almost wiped out and the enemy team is just kill whoring?(happens all the time) I do get what you mean though but that statement wasn't 100% not even 60% true to be honest.

Ahh, i remember these times when the enemy whores the hell out of us but eventurally lost because they left their base unguarded for too long. A good walker can do wonders ^_^

Edited by Guest

@TP|himselfXD: I think we are on the wrong track here. With skill I mean the whole picture. Skill for me is choosing the right character/tank for the play. That can be anything from repairing vehicles, defending the base, ripping through an onslaught of guys or massing at the base. It doesn't really matter, as long as the team benefits maximal from your performance. Some people aren't good with a flachette gun, so they take an engineer. Deal the cards you are best in and balance the teamplay. Teamplay, tactics, how well you aim, how well you move, the whole bunch. So that is what I refer to when I use the word skill. Gaining any advantage you can, without breaking the rules. (Noobjetting a nearly dead team does NOT give you an advantage, so it is no skill.)

So basically we want the same thing. Improve teamplay over the course of 1 game. The only difference is that I do not want to give people bonuses for this, just an option for a cosmetic upgrade. I did give your option a fair amount of (biased) thought, and have to be against it. Bonuses can get out of control in every game, even in moderation. Ever played 6 hour marathon games? Or in more normal games, some people already seem nearly indestructible. If you give them more, it is just a too high advantage. See it as a (over-dramatic) calculation;

No skill (1) + No bonuses (0) = 1

Skill (2) + Bonuses (1) = 3

People with skill will be better from the start and are probably better at using any bonuses coming their way. This makes the balance worse, even with moderate bonuses. Besides, these are individual bonuses. This makes for a certain point where the trade off for repairing buildings/vehicles is lower than the trade off for carnage in the field, making individual play better when you start gaining more bonuses. Especially individual play, as you can get more kills/points when alone than with "killstealers" and such.

Team bonuses would be weird too, as the idea is a balanced team against a balanced team. When losing, you don't want to get the losing out of hand.

The argument of joining the game late and still being able to play is flawed, but close enough. There are enough games where you can join the top ranks easily, and I want to keep it that way. If I suddenly have to repair for half an hour and other teamplay before I can even think of having the same bonuses as other people, it would be unfair. Even if there is great pleasure in destroying your betters.

About the changing of the guns, I had a pleasant discussion with some people I know about it. It would be nice if there are some nearly none-existent changes there. Like giving some people a pistol without silencer, but the bullet goes through all people (it might seem overpowered but the trade-off for being heard against the difficulty of hitting 2 or more people with 10 damage is reasonable). Or just really change the appearance and sound might be nice. The laser rifle now sounds like a weak laser pointer. Still, their focus should be on finishing the game first.

Oh and I do not play COD, WOW, BF or anything. If the idea is also in those games, whatever. I like the idea of having monocle because I'm good and others not because they aren't as good.

@xD_ERROR_xD: Can you please give the quote about the guns to TP|himselfXD? I don't mind to get quoted and there is some truth in his argument (if the weapon feels crappy you won't use it, same weapon that looks/sounds awesome is chosen more often), but I don't want to be quoted for other peoples words.

TP|himselfXD and me meant the "upgrades" to be achievable in one game only, and reset the next game. He writes "From game to game" somewhere.

Also, it doesn't happen that often that there is just one (maybe 2) person that the whole team depends on. I have to say that over the years the teamplay has gotten much better. Rushes, masses and repairing in the field feels so much more natural. I can feel the change when I enter the field now. I'm not battling one person at a time and the rest is fluff. Now you battle teams or loose coalitions in the field.

@You: So what do the levels mean? If you get no bonuses, is it just something to show next to your name? Just a little show-boasting?

It would be cool with some characters. If you suddenly have a lvl 40 chem sprayer or something. All the snipers are just dull and I would ignore any level there. Still, what does it really add? Just a way of showing that you play more often I guess...

But than the stats. Are those always equal for whatever level per character? And gaining extra money is weird. I suppose the only money you get extra is from scoring points, but you can just adjust the weapon for that. I'm dead against gaining extra money from the ref/harv for just having a certain character. Extra ammo is also a gun stat and needs not be in the character. The only character bonus is speed? But that would feel weird to me...

Yeah it's a long post but I don't really have time to make it shorter

If we had a leveling system, then it would benefit players who play more than players who don't. It is never fair to give more features to players with more experience. It only expands the gap between the haves and the have-nots. It also makes balancing the game a nightmare.

Every character in the game needs to be equal and there should never be any sort of leveling or upgrade system applied. It would completely ruin one of the main draws of the original Renegade.

Not sure how this thread went from a request of beta-footage into a discussion of a leveling-system.

However, I fully agree with you, Razor. A level-system would completely WRECK the balance and consistency of the game. Not to mention it wouldnt make any sort of sense in the C&C universe.

I totally agree with this, it is not supposed to be a lame grind game where you get awarded on how much you play not how you play.

I have to agree with the naysayers, this is C&C renegade, a remake no less, not a call of duty clone. Just keep the game the way it was and later on down the road if they see that people want it changed up, then we can start talking about new things.

But in all honesty the whole reason this project started was the love for the original, we don't want a "modern" fps

UT FTW!!

Also a problem with making this game "every other game" is that then you might aswell play "every other game".

Then what is the point in making it? "Every other game" is already out there several times over.

For me this is a remake for the people that thinks "every other game" is kinda crappy and want a new version of a over 10 year old game he still plays and think is better than "every other game" out there.

"Every other game" will be forgotten in 6months, this one i hope will last for +10 years.

"Every other game" will be forgotten in 6months, this one i hope will last for +10 years.

This game has a huge advantage in the PC gaming community. First advantage a free-dedicated-server platform will be available.(Servers can be hosted by anyone) Dedicated servers have better performance, problem players can be dealt with by staff and dedicated servers are normally preferred by the PC community. The second advantage is that this game is 100% free-to-play with no pay-to-win this is a very rare existence and everyone wants a free game.

In my personal opinion, the base game should be left as true to the original as possible, with only slight tweaks here and there to patch up the shortcomings of the original, of which there were not many. Leveling systems and bonuses should be left server-side. Different gun/vehicle models and sights are the only things I would make available, and maybe a few more characters, like scouts that have pistols and binoculars as their only equipment, and move a little faster than regular infantry. And some C&C inspired features such as turret construction kits (TCKs) that can be bought at a PT and allow you to construct an additional defensive turret where you place them.

"Every other game" will be forgotten in 6 months, this one i hope will last for +10 years.

Yeah! Right now I just want to play Renegade-X, with its higher graphics and a few slight changes and screw the rest. Some other people can create that in their free time when these people are done with their awesome creation.

And some C&C inspired features such as turret construction kits (TCKs) that can be bought at a PT and allow you to construct an additional defensive turret where you place them.

What? You mean a stalemate construction kit?

First advantage a free-dedicated-server platform will be available. The second advantage is that this game is 100% free-to-play with no pay-to-win this is a very rare existence and everyone wants a free game.

Pay to win is a wimp tactic if you ask me. Give me a boss fight while you did not grab the sword of awesomeness, the spider-silk flack jacket and the tank of indestructibility. The Gatling gun you just picked up should be enough.

FTP and dedicated sercers FTW

Ban4life, is my post fixed now?

Not really :P. The first 4 quotes (not counting the quote in a quote) should be from TP.

And some C&C inspired features such as turret construction kits (TCKs) that can be bought at a PT and allow you to construct an additional defensive turret where you place them.

I see your point, although I do want some things like that, a turret limit may be in order, maybe around five?

I see your point, although I do want some things like that, a turret limit may be in order, maybe around five?

I'm against it, again because of the balance. If one team has the attacking role most often, the defending team should still be able to attack now and then. If you remove that possibility by adding another "checkpoint" that they have to go through, it would be very hard to press your momentary advantage.

However, maps might be specifically build for this. Maps that are big enough where several points have to be taken (tactically) before you can advance. Also, the tech buildings can have extra defence if they are a bit out of the way. You can spawn the defence at a few designated area's or something for a few credits. Also, some tech buildings could be specifically be for defence.

Still, I think that adding more "base defences" isn't that good. The feeling of taking a sort of mini base might be good, but right afterwards you have another standstill. It would only be good if it was a more dynamic fight with coming and going of both teams. It is also difficult to balance between tank and unit advances etc....

All in all they should leave these kind of things to the community to implement.