Your fondest Renegade moments. :.)

A-Rodge

I know this forum has been kinda quiet, but for all those that check it- what are some of your favorite/funny moments of Renegade?

1. I thought it was hilarious how you could throw proximity mines on other players making them a walking "jihader".

2. Mammoth ghosting was the act of waiting behind a sieging mammoth tank as Stealth Black Hand. Your hope would be that the engineer would have to exit momentarily to repair the damage and give you a quick opportunity to commit grand theft mammoth. Its so glorious to steal that tank and run down its driver.

3. Engie rush. Crowd a bunch of engies in an APC or two and rush the enemy base. The funniest part is when one of the APCs pops and leaves a bunch of engies jumping for their lives to find cover.

Just the memories make me smile. I appreciate the work you are all doing.

• 4 months later...

I got two.

One was when I play Renegade online for the first time. I remember loading on Walls Flying as GDI and hearing "Defend the base" being spammed. The Barracks was all we had left, there was an orca or two still alive flying around, and everyone was just running around in a flustercluck of predeath madness.

The second memory... Me and brother had two computers right next to each. We both got on a TDM server on opposing teams, then met at a secluded part of the map. I would be an engi and load up my brother with as much Remote C4 as I could manage, then send him running back into his team mate's spawn, resulting in massive death and laughter.

My brother got banned for team hampering.

• 1 month later...

My favorite moment was on Jelly marathon, start of the game. I was playing as GDI and one of my friends managed to capture a buggy. We loaded up the buggy with remotes (we had the edge of it on a ramp so we could place the c4 underneath) and left it outside NOD's base. When one of them took the buggy, we waited a few second to let the poor victim get deeper into their base with it and detonated our c4. The resulting boink (and the rage that followed) was glorious.

My second most favorite moment almost always happened on under when an engi/hotty found an sbh standing still (either afk or with its back to them), placed a timer on their back and just walked away like nothing happened.

I always enjoyed finding those ways to sneak in to the base without the base defences hitting you, planting the explosives as technician and waiting patiently for the timed explosives to detonate so I could safely blow the building. The waiting always felt forever but the satisfaction of taking down a building singlehandedly was always worth the tension =)

Other than that, playing clan matches was always intense. That's when the game really felt like it lived up to the C&C name with each team working together, trying to out-maneuver and countering each others strategies =P

• 3 weeks later...

+1 on Grand Theft Mammy

Been so long, can't recall one exact time I did it, but I have vague memories of having at least done it once before. Actually, I do remember after thinking about it, I lost it the same time I got it and my team yelled at me for being such a hindrance to our team and I yelled back because I was the one who got it in the first place, even though part of me agreed with them that it would have been my fault had we lost since I pretty much gambled like an arsehole.

Ah yes, losing a mammy is never a good feeling. I only learned this recently (but im guessing its common practice), these cool kids c4 their vehicles before going out into the field. That way if an SBH tries to jack it- pop goes the weasel.

Other than that I had a fun experience in Under...

Myself and another chem warrior were able to spawn a cute little visceroid out of a gdi soldier. Life was good, we had a little chemical family. However, the same player didnt like that, so he came rushing out of his base in a Humvee. Squirt squirt squirt- within moments the visceroid, my chem buddy and I are chasing this poor sap through the field blasting him with our green goodness. Ahh gut times.

My best match was on Under, as Nod.

GDI were pushing our base hard. We had a hard time repairing the damage to the Obelisk and the Airstrip. 14yo me decided to spawn as engi and try to get in close and deal some damage with C4. As I was planting remotes, the guy driving a Mammy jumped out to repair it. Without thinking I immediately jumped into the Mammy and drove deeper into my base. With the support of other engis, we countered the attack with one Mammy and basic infantry.

After my successful capture of an enemy unit, others followed me into the "battle", hoping to get us some extra armor (as we lost the Airstrip earlier). We've managed to steal one extra Mammy (that was me, again) and a Med tank.

Eventually we won the round, using GDI's vehicles against them.

Sniper v Orca/Apache

It was always a good test of n00bness when Id get a 500 sniper and start shooting an orca. If they were smart, theyd back up and get close to the ground. If they were n00bs, theyd fly up. I must say, that final click to take that n00b orca down and watching the pilot fall to his death gave me a big B. I was always sad, though, since that didnt give a boink...

Sniper v Orca/Apache

It was always a good test of n00bness when Id get a 500 sniper and start shooting an orca. If they were smart, theyd back up and get close to the ground. If they were n00bs, theyd fly up. I must say, that final click to take that n00b orca down and watching the pilot fall to his death gave me a big B. I was always sad, though, since that didnt give a boink...

You should have attempted the illusive insulting signature move finisher! The Clay Pigeon!

That is where, as they are falling to their deaths, you shoot them dead mid-fall.

Lol, done that on other games, not Renegade regretfully. At least I have a new life goal as I play Renegade X, right?

Sniper v Orca/Apache

You should have attempted the illusive insulting signature move finisher! The Clay Pigeon!

That is where, as they are falling to their deaths, you shoot them dead mid-fall.

Lol, done that on other games, not Renegade regretfully. At least I have a new life goal as I play Renegade X, right?

Heheh, hells yeah. I did do that a few times, but damned if they were moving fast. Especially if I was a 500 sniper and couldnt kill them in one shot. I was good, but not that good.

In Jelly marathon,and it was Under. I was GDI and we all did hummvee rush when the Nods didn't have their Ob. I can't stop laughing over it. Same map and server, however I was Nod. GDI try to do a meds rush but that end up a disaster for them because of arties and flamers destroyed the meds. Almost lost the ob at that time. Few hours later when the agt and wf was destroyed. All buggy rush and chems to finish up their base. MPF server or as UltraAOW server, wall_flying and the GDI just did a orca rush within 2 to 3 mins. I was part the orca rush. Those were my favorite moments in Renegade.

I was in a clan for a short time. Wallhopping with basic engineer in field for instance, and mass rushing sbh 5+ (so base defences didn't kill us all) was so hilarious.

Just that look on the enemy face when they ninja-lose their pp. Games balanced on both sides, suddenly, gdi power plant destroyed, people even look for hacks afterwards, just to turn out there were 3 sbh made it through with their timec4.

Took a LOT of teamwork. Anywhere between your 5 man dedicated group, to a clan, to a regular game community server where you know the regular players over a long time. Sometimes, best way to do it was also to get the SBH in the base, and then INTENTIONALLY STOP KILLING ENEMIES so they don't chance spawn in their own powerplant. That takes coordination.

Took a LOT of teamwork. Anywhere between your 5 man dedicated group, to a clan, to a regular game community server where you know the regular players over a long time. Sometimes, best way to do it was also to get the SBH in the base, and then INTENTIONALLY STOP KILLING ENEMIES so they don't chance spawn in their own powerplant. That takes coordination.

Heh, no doubt. Maybe its because I never did anything clan related, but I never saw coordination like that. It was always about getting your name to the top of the points list. Maybe this will motivate me to get a clan this time round.