FAQ: Ask questions here, frequently. #2

Jam

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot blame the game for that of course. Maybe Gdi requires a tadbit more teamwork on some maps. Personally I think Gdi's soldier should have kept the bigger damage it had on Ren. It gave Gdi the edge at the start.

McFarland Flak Cannon start at 150 credits start completely dominates Nod.

For walls flying usually GDI should try to keep the field occupied with armour or airborn and push. Sbh are useless units most of the time so you will have better numbers. For defense, if one person mines up and stays back with a humvee, he can check most common nuke spots all game long. Sbh will think twice if everything is mined up and a person is patrolling. Put extra mines on the warf slope.

Honestly only having 1 defend is what causes most of GDI loses on the map. One person can usually hold off the solo nukes, but eventually NOD will start sending more when they see the solo fail time and time again. You usually want 2 to 4 base defenders.

With all the new players, it's unlikely anyone would be willing to defend for the whole game (or at all really). This is why GDI ends up losing most defense-less maps like Walls and Islands. I've still seen cases where a nuke doesn't get any attention from GDI in a 40 player game.

They should add a loud beppepeeeep sound when you deploy the nuke. That should get people going and maybe also increase the volume of it in general.

They should add a loud beppepeeeep sound when you deploy the nuke. That should get people going and maybe also increase the volume of it in general.

I don't think the volume should be increased because that's part of the balance of proper positioning, putting it somewhere where people won't be able to track it too soon. But maaaaaaybe an initial more distinct klaxon sound right as it's deployed as part of the general EVA notice wouldn't be a bad thing, just because all the monotone warnings of building being damaged/repaired/vehicles deploying can blend together very easily since they're generally constantly going off and possibly even occasionally overwriting each other.

You cannot blame the game for that of course. Maybe Gdi requires a tadbit more teamwork on some maps. Personally I think Gdi's soldier should have kept the bigger damage it had on Ren. It gave Gdi the edge at the start.

Absolutely. I love that weapon. It's also a GREAT weapon overall. Might see a nerf. Honestly, if I can take a, uh, Stank health percentage of 1% per alt fire, might be too strong.

Absolutely. I love that weapon. It's also a GREAT weapon overall. Might see a nerf. Honestly, if I can take a, uh, Stank health percentage of 1% per alt fire, might be too strong.

I'm not so sure. The long range capabilities of that weapon aren't so great. Like most units of his type you're easily sniped. Your alt is your saving grace. The damage is a tad high but I think a range nerf would be the best bet if anything.

With all the new players, it's unlikely anyone would be willing to defend for the whole game (or at all really). This is why GDI ends up losing most defense-less maps like Walls and Islands. I've still seen cases where a nuke doesn't get any attention from GDI in a 40 player game.

Meanwhile GDI dominates every map with base defences.

Meanwhile GDI dominates every map with base defences.

That's true, nerfing the arty will do that. Of course it wasn't ideal in the original Ren either. I think Nod won 68% of Field games. Now it's GDI's turn. :P

What happened to the taunts? In the mod, you could type certain commands that would make your character say things like "I've got a present for ya!" and other fun stuff. Is that still in game? Is there a command list somewhere?

What happened to the taunts? In the mod, you could type certain commands that would make your character say things like "I've got a present for ya!" and other fun stuff. Is that still in game? Is there a command list somewhere?

I too would like to know, cheers.

The silo on the map, does it more then opening up the options of tiberium based weapons? Never really noticed much else :P

And i read that there isnt a map builder/editor, is this definitive? Since it would be awesome and great for the game if fans could make make the maps! Or is this just impossible to create?

Cheers

Edit: Just another thing that popped into my head. What if the devs get donations to pay for servers? But leave none remaining? (non-profit) Or is that also illegal? :P Or if someone asks for donations or pays for servers to get RenX online? Not using money for development but just for getting it online so more players can join..

And i read that there isnt a map builder/editor, is this definitive? Since it would be awesome and great for the game if fans could make make the maps! Or is this just impossible to create?
Last I heard, the devs are working on a dev kit that will eventually be released to the fans so we can make/edit maps and other assets.

Last I heard, the devs are working on a dev kit that will eventually be released to the fans so we can make/edit maps and other assets.

Are you sure of this ?

Edit: Just another thing that popped into my head. What if the devs get donations to pay for servers? But leave none remaining? (non-profit) Or is that also illegal? :P Or if someone asks for donations or pays for servers to get RenX online? Not using money for development but just for getting it online so more players can join..

I don't think lack of servers is even remotely an issue as of now.

Any way to disable the "raindrop" or "freezing" screen effect?

Mesa & Whiteout both force an effect on the screen, the first like raindrops on a window and the later just a weird freezing effect.

I have OCD for that sort of things. I can't find any way to disable them? Not even in the .ini files. There really should be a way, its especially annoying on mesa.

I have 2 questions:

Refinery makes all matches very dull upon destruction, like I posted in a thread before. Is this gonna be looked into?

Will there be some way (vehcile/class/calldown item) to enable resupply for your team out in the field? Right now if you run out of ammo, you just die to refill, which is not very umm... tactical. And not very convenient either.

Will there be a linux and OSX version of this game in the future? I have terrible performance running through wine(playonlinux), and when added as a non-steam game Renegade X doesn't work at all. I get Approx. 10-20 fps at extreme low settings and FX-8320, Geforce GT 610. I should be getting 30-40 at extreme low. UBUNTU(13.10) I have seen fixes, but they're ultimately temporary and resource hogs, not to mention confusing for the average player such as myself.

• 1 month later...
Is it (or will it be) possible to mute or (even better) change the kill boink sound?

I'm not an old Renegade player and as a first-timer it sounds absolutely ridiculous to me within the rest of the context of the game.

It has already been stated that skins wont be allowed. So I can only presume that different sound files wont be either.

Sean":arg8ktx7]

It has already been stated that skins wont be allowed. So I can only presume that different sound files wont be either.

I remember someone saying they would add new sounds so the player can pick one from the menu.

How do I change my key bindings?

The options menu in the main menu allows me to change bindings but I noticed something strange:

Both "Reload" and "Secondary Fire" were hotkeyed to "R" and no where in the list I saw my right mouse button keyed to anything (but ingame it's actually secondary fire)

I just noticed this as I want to use TS3 with the "Push to Talk" button on the "G" key, but each time I press G as an engineer/hot/tech I take out my Remote C4, figured I should change this in the keybindings but couldn't find the "G" being bound to anything. Scanning through the rest of the list yielded the above stangeness.

How do I change my key bindings?

The options menu in the main menu allows me to change bindings but I noticed something strange:

Both "Reload" and "Secondary Fire" were hotkeyed to "R" and no where in the list I saw my right mouse button keyed to anything (but ingame it's actually secondary fire)

I just noticed this as I want to use TS3 with the "Push to Talk" button on the "G" key, but each time I press G as an engineer/hot/tech I take out my Remote C4, figured I should change this in the keybindings but couldn't find the "G" being bound to anything. Scanning through the rest of the list yielded the above stangeness.

Guess you could go config-diving. Just search for UDKInput.ini in the root folder of the game and change what you want. I completely disabled mouse acceleration this way, just to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
What happened to the single player campaign?

The single-player campaign was released in 2012 on the 29th of January. Read the full release topic here.

If you're interested in trying Renegade X: Black Dawn out, your best bet it so check out the bigger torrent websites or IndieDB. Enjoy!

• 4 months later...

I agree with Havoc and Sakura with devs in beta 4

make Sydney and Raveshavs more anty vehicle rolle give EMP Granades to this class and small buff on damage to light vehicles

Mobius is good but he need battle suit like in old renegade yes its skin but engine in renegade dont support armors (i dont know) add more armor and health and slow regeneration like Mammoth Tank

i really wanted him in suit and for Mendoza i have rolle too give him Mutant skin and regeneration in tiberium add more armor and health

Why you not give to NOD Mutant character? and for GDI Battlesuit character?

sorry im bad at english :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So i don't think this was covered in the FAQ, although the backpack addition may cover it... Anyway, I'm wondering if you're planning on keeping the same weapon pickup/weapon drop system that was in the original renegade. specifically, upon death the unit drops their primary weapon. So far, i have to congratulate all devs on this f2p masterpiece that perfectly captures the spirit of the original renegade (save for maybe the old school blocky graphics) but i'm not complaining ;). Regardless, this single aspect made the original game's multiplayer infinitely more complex, adding the possibilites for infinite ammo in the field, trophies of kills, hybridized classes, and so much more. And to be honest, the original was IMO pretty balanced with this feature. I simply loved being sydney with a repair gun and P.I.C :) cheers! :cool:

It is programmed in, but currently turned off.

They are seriously thinking very highly of adding in player drops. Moreso ammo/health/armor, less so weapon pickups. On original ren servers, weapon pickups had to be disabled for SBH. It is also highly snowball-y. But, it is definitely possible, and may work with a percentage rate or only with certain weapons or out of crates or something.

It is programmed in, but currently turned off.

They are seriously thinking very highly of adding in player drops. Moreso ammo/health/armor, less so weapon pickups. On original ren servers, weapon pickups had to be disabled for SBH. It is also highly snowball-y. But, it is definitely possible, and may work with a percentage rate or only with certain weapons or out of crates or something.

wow, awesome! thanks for the quick reply! i completely agree with the ammo, health, armor pickups, that would be a welcome addition to the game. and i would humbly recommend keeping the option for enabling/disabling weapon pickups in server settings for admins, but i'm sure you guys will work that stuff out. Regardless, this is an incredibly well put-together game and it'll gather hundreds of hours of happy gaming on my part in years to come! from a long time commander, you guys have all my blessings! :D

Is it over? I mean, you're not getting paid for this, and many programmers have left the team=motivation on the freezing temperature. Have all dream's melted away? I dont see any small upgrades, and hotfixes since there is autoupdater. Are you still working on this game or it's all up to server modders to keep this game alive?

Really there is no solution, how to make money from this game to more motivate you guys? Any cash shop? Get rid of old Ren, implement purchase system, remake game a bit, upgradeable characters, inovation.

Or just say, what are you planning to do with this game in future. I'am sure that many ppl with programming, and 3d modeling experiences are willing to help.

So there are the simple questions: Did you gave up already? What about money? What about volunteer helpers, and sharing your problems and plans with comunity?

there's no good answer

There sort of is. Right now, they have plans to continue work, including regular checkups on progress with about 4-5 projects they are working on in RenX, and a patch that just got pushed back because of unforseen personal life events but otherwise is entirely possible to come very soon.

But they have handed off some content related work to the community. They needed to anyway. Most games beg for a modding community, including this one up until they had a modding community. It is important to future proof the game.

If there was no good answer, I would let you know. Right now, the worse of the answer is that there was less devs than before, but the best is that at least the game is already mostly built so individual additions can come one at a time. Imagine building from scratch the game and website with just 2 programmers and 2 content designers and 1(?) webguy?