FAQ: Ask questions here, frequently.

Patriot

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of wrecks staying there after the vehicle is destroyed, blocking the way. Even if it is only for a few seconds.

It would mean dynamic gameplay and make players have to think that much more about their game plan. They would consider rush formations rather than the group and go deal they already do.

At the very least, make it a server side option.

Also, an idea for on of the achievements:

LAG!:

10 deaths in a row without making any kills.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Feb 27 2009, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, an idea for on of the achievements:
LAG!:
10 deaths in a row without making any kills.[/b]

Isn't that more like the achievement of 'Noobjetters shooting at your half destroyed base'?

Shooting wrecks till they are destroyed might be fun, but still I hope you test it with vigour to prevent it from becomming a major (negative) gameplay change. Would be fun to see the wrecks blow up and leave some rubble on the ground. And it would help with the feature of being able to repair wrecks to a full vehicle.
Damn I'm such a hypocrite. 'Try to keep it as much the same as possible but add some feature that is only seen in modded servers' :)

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

I think it is BS when you join a game, the team you get stuck on only has 1 building left, like the PP, then you lose place on the laddar.

I mean how were you supposed to do anything?

If you join in the middle of a game I think you should not lose rank but you cannot gain any.

IDK

I had a cool idea!

Lets say your the last tech/hotty on your team, hand/bar is destroyed. So your enjoying yourself then FUCK YOU! Connection to server was lost!

For whatever reason.

So you come back and, even tho you stayed alive. Now you don't get to mine anymore.

So how about if you lose connection to a server and you re-join that game within 3-5 minutes you will spawn as the character you were?

QUOTE (epicelite @ Mar 1 2009, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a cool idea!

Lets say your the last tech/hotty on your team, hand/bar is destroyed. So your enjoying yourself then FUCK YOU! Connection to server was lost!

For whatever reason.

So you come back and, even tho you stayed alive. Now you don't get to mine anymore.

So how about if you lose connection to a server and you re-join that game within 3-5 minutes you will spawn as the character you were?[/b]

I think its very well possible. Also I had that idear like 6months ago. And I think It will be available for the first release, if not then a bit later.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 28 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a cool idea!

For whatever reason.

So how about if you lose connection to a server and you re-join that game within 3-5 minutes you will spawn as the character you were?[/b]

That would be kinda nice.. RenGuard crashed on me like 6 times yesterday causing me to lose my character every time, and even a vehicle once that the enemy stole.

We would have to be able to differentiate between people who pushed the disconnect button versus the people who actually lost their connection, to prevent abuse from noobs who just want a quick way back to base or who are cornered or pinned down and about to die and just leave and rejoin the server quickly. Of course if they just pull out their Ethernet cable they can still abuse it. It happened all the time in the Tiberium Wars ladders. Some sort of deterrent like losing all points might keep 'em from doing it.

Well if it is only about losing connection: In renegade they got some servers that have this concept, however, you really need to break connection for it, that takes time, like half a min or something, I mean, isn;t that enough time to rule out people trying to bitch out of nasty situations?

About the connection: They are remaking the game on the UT3 engine. Now in the last year I have had the game I've played my share of hours on it, and I've never, ever, had problems with disconnections from a game, unless the game itself was lagging like hell and it crashed anyways. So I don't think that an option to get your character back that way should be allowed. Perhaps a question of 'are you sure you want this' or something in case you have a patch or something and your infantry building is destroyed, and instead of pressing 'refill' you press 'engineer', losing the patch.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

one of my favorite parts about Renegade is that it had a lighter fealing to it. lighter colors were used. I am somewhat concerned that it will be a dark and forbidding mod, i enjoyed the brightness of the origional game. ;)

QBERT

QUOTE (Qbert @ Mar 3 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one of my favorite parts about Renegade is that it had a lighter fealing to it. lighter colors were used. I am somewhat concerned that it will be a dark and forbidding mod, i enjoyed the brightness of the origional game. ;)

QBERT[/b]

I agree. I see the trailer and it seems to be very very dark, hard to see (especially on field), and a forbidding atmosphere.

• Totem Arts Staff

Have you guys seen Islands? Walls? Complex? Those are all pretty light maps.

Renegade X will and does have a wide range of lighting, map styles & themes. Some maps will be dark, and others will be light.

Field really isn't as dark as you may think, you could still see the whole map.

Most of the things are already planned, and done with the concept.. expected in year 2047! :rolleyes:

;)

No seriusly guys.. we are remaking C&C Renegade, and its unique multiplayer... also its done by the team in their FREETIME, means no payments, no deadlines and no time :-).

So plz plz plz... stop silly suggestions maybe until you play the first release.

QUOTE (Pr0eX @ Mar 5 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of the things are already planned, and done with the concept.. expected in year 2047! :rolleyes:

;)

No seriusly guys.. we are remaking C&C Renegade, and its unique multiplayer... also its done by the team in their FREETIME, means no payments, no deadlines and no time :-).

So plz plz plz... stop silly suggestions maybe until you play the first release.[/b]

I will pay everyone $5 if you finish by next month! :lol:

A question: as you seem to have a much larger audience then just the renegade players, it might be handy if some kind of tuturial video came out. I would hate to have to fight people who don't know what a Purchase terminal is for (or don't even know that there is one) or something similiar. Explain about mine limit, vehicle limit, scoring credits through refinery or scoring points, how to even get points, goals, different ways to destroy buildings, weapons (the stealth tank range compared to MRLS range for example), etc.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Mar 7 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A question: as you seem to have a much larger audience then just the renegade players, it might be handy if some kind of tuturial video came out. I would hate to have to fight people who don't know what a Purchase terminal is for (or don't even know that there is one) or something similiar. Explain about mine limit, vehicle limit, scoring credits through refinery or scoring points, how to even get points, goals, different ways to destroy buildings, weapons (the stealth tank range compared to MRLS range for example), etc.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

Well said.

Do you guys remember spamming the radio keys in the original renegade? Especially the "move out" key when a rush was starting to move.

Just wondering if they are still going to be like that in Renegade X. In the original Renegade if you spammed a key more than 6 times than you were muted for 30 seconds I believe. But you could spam all 6 really fast and if that's all you spammed than you wouldn't be muted.

Just thought it'd be cool if we still had that in Renegade X, some little touches from the old days.

Q:

The feign death of UT III is going to stay. I read that somewhere. But will the names still be visible above someone's head? Because if it is, there is nearly no point to it.

A second thing is that the deaths of persons are displayed is also irritating for feign death, though there are more then enough tactical ways to use it.

Ban4life

QUOTE (Ban4life @ Mar 10 2009, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Q:
The feign death of UT III is going to stay. I read that somewhere. But will the names still be visible above someone's head? Because if it is, there is nearly no point to it.
A second thing is that the deaths of persons are displayed is also irritating for feign death, though there are more then enough tactical ways to use it.

Ban4life[/b]

I use the feign death feature to go prone :P ... Havoc and I were fighting on field one day and I feign deathed in the grass and would pop up whenever i saw him :P

Although I have witnessed the "Take the point" spam from you guys, and found it funny, I never really understood it. I actually use that command in the game a lot, especially during a rush. For those of you who don't know, it means "You lead the rush," or "I'll follow you."

Q:

When you die, will your body disappear immediately like in Renegade? Because if that feign death thing is left in, but bodies disappear after they are killed, then it would be easy to tell if someone was faking.

• Totem Arts Staff

Oh, it's just an [NE] inside joke.

When you die, will your body disappear immediately like in Renegade? Because if that feign death thing is left in, but bodies disappear after they are killed, then it would be easy to tell if someone was faking.[/b]

They won't disappear immediately, but eventually.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Mar 10 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you gonna keep the "/[NAME HERE] [MESSAGE HERE]" thing?[/b]

Of course. :P

@R315r4z0r: Bodies linger for a few moments depending on how you were killed.
If you got gibbed by a rocket launcher or ran over by a tank it's pretty obvious you're in a billion bits so you can't feign that kind of death haha. But if you were killed just by a bullet you still have a body. Although if it was a sniper's bullet you might not have a head anymore. :P

The talk about bodies got me thinking. They have a nice animation for getting killed by the bio rifle. If you slowed the animation down (if possible) and played it when you die by tiberium field/weapons then you got some eyecandy. As if they are absorbed into the tiberium field or something.

Further, will there be something to identify if someone is hiding in the grass by feigning? Like bending the grass or something. There was some discussion about doing something about that for the proxy mines too, but I don't remember what the answer was.

Checking the answers, I also see this:

'Q: The main problem I had with UT2004 was that there was no HUD when playing in 3rd person, will this be fixed in Renegade X?

A: Yes of course.'

Shouldn't that be UT3?

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

Is there going to be a character buying protection like...

1: You buy a Tech.

2: You hit 7-4 to buy a arty, but FUCK! Someone else bought something so now you have a fucking normal engineer from pressing 4!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

????????????

QUOTE (epicelite @ Mar 12 2009, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there going to be a character buying protection like...

1: You buy a Tech.
2: You hit 7-4 to buy a arty, but FUCK! Someone else bought something so now you have a fucking normal engineer from pressing 4!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

????????????[/b]

Pressing 4 is a hotkey for buying the engineer in the main PT screen. Why should there be protection against that? Just pay more attention to the menu...

Also, if I recall correctly, Renegade X allows you to queue up vehicles in order, not make you wait till one is constructed to select another. Meaning even without said "protection" you shouldn't ever encounter your problem.

And then what about when your building is under attack, you run to the PT and buy a hottie/tech then!

WHAT THE FUCK!

You were already dead but it still took your money and made your dead body into that character!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUU-