White Sun

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Today we are proud to announce a new singleplayer campaign. Due to the success of Black Dawn, we were asked by EA to make a sequel to the critically acclaimed triple A PC singleplayer game.

For several months now, we have been working on Operation White Sun - the official sequel to Black Dawn. Due to our special connections with EA and Epic Games, which developed as they begged to be a part of the Renegade X beta testing team, we were able to get our hands on the new Unreal Engine 4.

aAyWOTF.png

White Sun is set in the Tiberian Sun universe, and it is a sequel to our previous release, Black Dawn. Due to our new relationship with EA and Epic, we have decided to postpone the multiplayer release and halt all development of it to focus on the new singleplayer campaign. The campaign will be bigger and better than ever, with 10 hours of gameplay and 16 hours of cinematics. The game will be available on both Steam and Origin for $10 and it will be out on April 1st, 2014 (one year from today). Every purchase of Renegade X: White Sun will also include a one year subscription to a golfing magazine of your choice.

In White Sun, you will be playing Angus McFarland. Critics agree that McFarland was the most developed character in the C&C universe, with Kane at a close second. Polls suggested that Havoc's role in the first game was adequate but mediocre, and therefore, we wished to extenuate the role of McFarland and explore his story in the Tiberian Sun universe.

O8HjZlW.jpg

In White Sun, we plan on having unique features that no FPS game would ever dare include. A unique move that was featured in Black Dawn was McFarland's infamous grenade-golfing. White Sun would not be White Sun if such a feature were not included and expanded upon - especially with McFarland as the main character.

The shotgun primary fire will project 12 pellets at a determined radius. The secondary fire will drop a frag grenade onto the ground and the game will transform into a golf mini-game. The objective of this secondary fire is to land explosive grenades onto enemy targets. We have already started working on the art for White Sun, and we would appreciate your comments and critique.

M26_FragGrenade_Render.jpg

JOB9B69.jpg

aKJEP0X.jpg

Not only will you be able to launch grenades with pseudo golf clubs, but other players as well. This will allow strategic fly-by's, where you will be able to take out enemies from above them as an infantry unit. Aircraft is not always affordable, so consider this tactic a close second to air support.

RQj3Yh4.jpg

Another feature that has come by popular demand from the fans is a customizable timer for the Timed C4. Sometimes, 30 seconds is just too short for an explosion to take place. Sometimes, you would like half the game to pass and have the team forget that a C4 was lying nearby the whole time. This feature will allow players to add anywhere between 1 additional second to 3 additions hours to their C4 detonation time.

aGZsTVc.jpg

In some matches, teams could afford many cheap tanks rather than a pricey vehicle. In White Sun, you will be able to copulate your vehicles to create beefier tanks to take on your enemies. In the below example, two Medium Tanks and an MRLS play it rough and collide into each other until the metals mesh into the desired form. In the survival of the fittest, only the finest may reproduce in order to create something even better.

te7OSHl.jpg

QiyU3Yg.jpg

The team is very excited about the upcoming White Sun singleplayer campaign, which will begin beta testing next week. To participate in the beta test, you will need to promise to make a map with a singleplayer powerplant for the original Renegade - and fulfill the promise (I'm looking at you, Aircraftkiller).

We already have plans written for our third and fourth singleplayers. We are most excited about our forth, nicknamed Rene-Twilight X, because it will not have any of the traditional base-building or resource-gathering of previous versions. We're looking for your feedback on this idea, but we will not listen to you and we will release the game as we are planning it.

• Like 1

Or i'm completely shocked, or i was

*reads a second time...*

Fobby[GEN]]Due to our special connections with EA and Epic Games, which developed as they begged to be a part of the Renegade X beta testing team, we were able to get our hands on the new Unreal Engine 4.

too many things are wrong about this... i can't start explaining this...

Fobby[GEN]]The campaign will be bigger and better than ever, with 10 hours of gameplay and 16 hours of cinematics.

wait a minute, more cinematics then gameplay! maybe if EA made the game...

Fobby[GEN]]The game will be available on both Steam and Origin for $10 and it will be out on April 1st, 2014 (one year from today). Every purchase of Renegade X: White Sun will also include a one year subscription to a golfing magazine of your choice.

steam AND origin?? that's impossible! :o

Fobby[GEN]]Critics agree that McFarland was the most developed character in the C&C universe, with Kane at a close second.

@______________________@"

Fobby[GEN]]In White Sun, we plan on having unique features that no FPS game would ever dare include. A unique move that was featured in Black Dawn was McFarland's infamous grenade-golfing. White Sun would not be White Sun if such a feature were not included and expanded upon - especially with McFarland as the main character.

oh no, definately not! :o

Fobby[GEN]]Not only will you be able to launch grenades with pseudo golf clubs, but other players as well.

lolwut... O_o

Fobby[GEN]]Another feature that has come by popular demand from the fans is a customizable timer for the Timed C4. Sometimes, 30 seconds is just too short for an explosion to take place. Sometimes, you would like half the game to pass and have the team forget that a C4 was lying nearby the whole time. This feature will allow players to add anywhere between 1 additional second to 3 additions hours to their C4 detonation time.

off course! that's what i wanted! let the timed C4 detonate 3 hours after it's placed! it's genius!

Fobby[GEN]]In some matches, teams could afford many cheap tanks rather than a pricey vehicle. In White Sun, you will be able to copulate your vehicles to create beefier tanks to take on your enemies. In the below example, two Medium Tanks and an MRLS play it rough and collide into each other until the metals mesh into the desired form. In the survival of the fittest, only the finest may reproduce in order to create something even better.

Seeing how unrealistic Renegade already is, this could actually make sense.... no, that would be ridicilous.

Fobby[GEN]]We already have plans written for our third and fourth singleplayers. We are most excited about our forth, nicknamed Rene-Twilight X, because it will not have any of the traditional base-building or resource-gathering of previous versions. We're looking for your feedback on this idea, but we will not listen to you and we will release the game as we are planning it.

GOD, NO! THE HORROR! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!

wait a minute... maybe this post didn't make sense after all... ¬.¬

and there ya go, a mental breakdown of White Sun and what's "upcoming" :P

OMG, you had me there for 10 horrible seconds!!! I could say in my defense though, it just shows how much I think you deserve some attention by a publisher. Nice one!

edit: I just absolutely frickin' love the basalt pillars! They look so awesome, might as well be a U4 engine pic! This is a geologists dream come true!

Hmm, there looks to be one thing nice about this update. I think that render of a grenade might actually be real. I wonder who it would go to...

And also, are those building bars?

Oh yes, I will beta test! I already made a map with a single player powerplant in one!

I smell over 9,000 GOTY awards for this. Imagine if EA were to actually sell this. Renegade Premium subscriptions? DLC upgrades and guns? DLC maps? Oh, they would love it.

And then I realize that this is so better off as a mod. :cool:

I smell over 9,000 GOTY awards for this. Imagine if EA were to actually sell this. Renegade Premium subscriptions? DLC upgrades and guns? DLC maps? Oh, they would love it.

And then I realize that this is so better off as a mod. :cool:

ssjChris, what does the scouter say about Renegade X's awesomeness level??

IT'S OVER 9000!! *shatters scouter* =Þ

You know in all honesty i was totally convinced this was real AND I GOT SOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD about the part that said all work on the MP release will be stopped and postponed. Continued reading, got up to the golf magazine part, smelled fish in the air, looked at the date, face palmed, slid my hands over my head, yelled OMFG, and went for a walk. Well played....

Now on to the bread and butter of this, beta starts next week? :D Or was that a joke too >.<

• Totem Arts Staff
Couple of these things strike me as being more then just a ruse:

The Blue Tiberium

The map screenshots

The grenade render

The updated HUD.

Am I right or am I just trying to make sense out of nonsense?

We didn't show the HUD in the pictures, otherwise you're right.

Fobby[GEN]]We didn't show the HUD in the pictures, otherwise you're right.

I was referring to what looks like building health indicators. Are those for debug purposes, or are they actually going to be in-game?

the blue tiberium pic is obviously mesa

They changed it so much I didn't even recognize it... which is good as I considered it bland in the original.

Fobby[GEN]]The building health indicators are just there temporarily, until we have the K menu up and running (which shows all buildings' health).

those building health indicators were actually a good idea IMO, so if you aren't paying attention for a moment your PP won't die straight away or something. everyone had these moments at least once, i bet!