Old school player here.

Kwiksh0t

Played C&C way back in the day 2002-2006. I've been reading these forums as a guest and just recently created an account. I'm very excited for this game to be released, I'm curious is there any other communities for Renegade-X already launched or does this happen to be the only one?

Also I've been seeing alot of different answers when I read through the forums and I wonder if I can get a straight answer. Do I need to purchase Unreal Tourny 3 to play Renegade-X online or was that just for Black Dawns release?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey. I'm an oldschooler - I played Renegade in its November 2001 demo, then played the game from 2002-2010. I think I remember your screenname.

Renegade X used to be an Unreal Tournament 3 mod and it released several multiplayer betas. Then, in 2012, we moved over to the UDK, which allows our game to be standalone and completely independent from UT3. Black Dawn was released in 2012 and it is singleplayer only - it does not require UT3. The upcoming multiplayer release will be out later this year (release date TBA) and it also will not require UT3.

My community is planning on having a server for this and I am gathering support for this.

I am very excited for this game and I hope that it goes further than even Renegade. The awesome graphics and gameplay shown in the Beta trailer seems to be attracting my members already - so here's to hoping for the best!

I played way back in 2002 as well till 2009. Used to go by Wormy or HRWormy. We started our clan way back in 2002 and most of us still game together. We are known as Hellsrangers we ran ren servers at that gime as well. Really looking forward to this remake of the old classic and if possible we will be running a server as well. Good job and we await this game with great interest.

I like to think of my self as a vet but then I guess we all are now.

Names were Megaowner and XilGlac, played on st0rm servers for the last stint of my experience.

Anyone remember n00bstories.com?

I have also been around the game for a long time. I don't know how many people here would recognize my name (I know Fobby would). My game name was [NE]ChaoticWarrior. I don't remember all of the servers I played on but some of the main ones were [NE]Public Warzone, n00bstories, -UN- New Maps. More recently over the last couple of years I have played under the name AndThenOneDay... mainly on the CloudZone server which is a pretty heavily modded server.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well here I was just going to make a post dedicated to old school players specifically those whom sniped, and one was made for me :) . I'm hoping many Renegade players make it back to this version of the game as it looks great visually and will bring back many memories for us all.

P.s. I'm x9 btw, and spent a lot of my time playing cw's on Renegade. Shoot me a msg or drop a line if we have played before as I'd really like to get together with them 'old schoolers' again.

I used to play C&C from my 12 till around 15. I used to be the kind of "omg y u no teamplay nub" guy raging all over. Thankfully there was no VoIP system by the time lol.

I still do this on dota tho, and I remember back when fobby made the first renegade X video as well. I told you back then I didn't have the PC to run it, now that I do, still waiting for this to come out! :D

Oh, I used to be either P4TCH0T3 or P4TCHburguer, something along the lines.

I've been playing almost constantly since 2004. Started off as a noob in RenArchive and N00bstories then moved to Jelly-Games when Iccytouch/Olddust didn't want to handle the server finances and Jellybe4n merged the RA and Jelly communities.

I still play under the names Scruffy and Scruffers...

There are still a few active communities for those of you who might still want to play. MultiPlayerForum's Ultra-AOW and Jelly-Games Marathon both still get 50 player games going consistently. Mostly in the North American late afternoons-nights plus weekends.

I would like for Jelly to put up a RenegadeX server but it still needs to be discussed.

I like to think of my self as a vet but then I guess we all are now.

Anyone remember n00bstories.com?

n00bstories still exists http://www.n00bstories.com/ . They unfortunately shut down their last Renegade server a few months ago.

Jelly-Games is the only active older community left.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.... Old School gamer as well... Fell in love with this game from the Demo with C&C Under... I went go by Dedf3ar still... that's always been my name... But I for one cannot wait to have no life and only online friends again because of this game... My real job keeps me social enough...

I recognize quite a few of the more memorable names... i was in the Clan [JtEK] and a couple others.. but Jtek was my main one.

The old game is still running. Create an account at xwis, log in and play! You do need your own Renegade serial code for the account. One other thing I recommend is getting the latest scripts. It improves a lot and allows you to automatically download fanmaps for example.

The old game is still running. Create an account at xwis, log in and play! You do need your own Renegade serial code for the account. One other thing I recommend is getting the latest scripts. It improves a lot and allows you to automatically download fanmaps for example.

I believe most servers kick you if you do not have scripts 4.0 from Tiberian Technologies.

Reminiscing is awesome!

Who remembers the clan Exile(Xil) and the st0rm server/website with wilost0rm and that?

Wilo decided it would be a great idea to start attacking other servers with a script kiddie DoS tool and crash them. He did so for a few months before people realized who the hell was doing it and created countermeasures. As a result St0rm was completely removed from XWIS by a consensus of server owners and Strike-Team. They shut their server down soon after that as it was entirely empty sitting on GameSpy. The condition for having their server serial(s) unbanned was the removal of Wilo. The majority of people at st0rm were good people but they refused.

I'd recommend RenList, it can pull up both the XWIS and Gamespy server listings. Gamespy doesn't need a legit serial.

http://www.renegadeforums.com/index.php ... &rid=23436

I believe most servers kick you if you do not have scripts 4.0 from Tiberian Technologies.

I believe MPF requires 4.0 due to them running a large amount of modified maps and you absolutely need it in order to get them all. Some server side scripts and functions require 4.0 to actually work client side.

Jelly will allow you to play without 4.0 as long as you do not have a "pirated, corrupt or missing" serial. We will however strongly encourage running it and you will see reminders to get it. That being said with the crashing and bug fixes plus the automatic map downloader there are few reasons to not get it.

Old schooler here as well....always as Ballstein. Was in |CEO| and then ~BiO~ on gayspy then finally moved over to Westwood online or whatever it's called in '06ish. Played regularly from the demo days till '08-'09ish and then off and on since then.

Fobby, found my way back to this site...apparently I haven't logged on since 2010. Good to see y'all working hard at this and it's finally about to be released. I'm stoked for it.

i am an old schooler as well, since about 2002-03, and i STILL have my xwis account from back then :) my username has remained unchanged throughout my renegade playing history. (renegade is also how i GOT my username in the first place) it has been ren9999 eversince i started

does anybody remember another player named kennyTreat? best sniper i knew

anybody remember that one server that had the !chop command?

you would use it like this !chop user2

the result would be something like this: user1 tried to cut user2's dick off but its so small he/she missed and circumsized themself

Reminiscing is awesome!

Who remembers the clan Exile(Xil) and the st0rm server/website with wilost0rm and that?

Wilo decided it would be a great idea to start attacking other servers with a script kiddie DoS tool and crash them. He did so for a few months before people realized who the hell was doing it and created countermeasures. As a result St0rm was completely removed from XWIS by a consensus of server owners and Strike-Team. They shut their server down soon after that as it was entirely empty sitting on GameSpy. The condition for having their server serial(s) unbanned was the removal of Wilo. The majority of people at st0rm were good people but they refused.

oy, i STILL remember that, but not only that i played on the st0rm server almost exclusively until that event, wilo had seemed like such a great guy (i actually talked to him on TS every so often back then)... then he went and started attacking servers. i still have a saved copy of his confession...

in other news it seems like wilo has all but disappeared from st0rm, it seems more and more like freakyst0rm is running things now, but im not sure. (freaky is actually a pretty good guy and is the one who taught me that if you cover a player in remote c4 almost the only thing that can then kill the covered player is splash damage)

Reminiscing is awesome!

cant say i remember exile, but i DEFINATELY remember the st0rm server... fond memories. did you know freakyst0rm is now the mod/admin for st0rms minecraft servers? wilo/wilost0rm hasnt made an appearence on the st0rm forums (which are still there btw) for a very long time, and maybe once every few months ill see that wilo has said something on irc(but hes usually logged in to irc for what seems to be 24/7, maybe so he can keep an eye on whats going on?)

but freakyst0rm and a few others still hang around on the forums, as do i

Reminiscing is awesome!

cant say i remember exile, but i DEFINATELY remember the st0rm server... fond memories. did you know freakyst0rm is now the mod/admin for st0rms minecraft servers? wilo/wilost0rm hasnt made an appearence on the st0rm forums (which are still there btw) for a very long time, and maybe once every few months ill see that wilo has said something on irc(but hes usually logged in to irc for what seems to be 24/7, maybe so he can keep an eye on whats going on?)

but freakyst0rm and a few others still hang around on the forums, as do i

Please see my post above about how Wilo is an incredibly upstanding character and as to why they no longer have a Renegade server.

Freaky however is a good guy.

You forgot that wil0 also cheated in the storm v jelly commwar around the same time.

top guy

Entirely forgot about that. St0rm was hosting and Wilo used console commands to give them extra cash and units.

Oh I recognize quite a few names.

I played on and off for the past 10 years or so with my brothers.

Used to frequent and AOW servers like storm, as well as wittebolx servers and of course others.

would still be playing the old school today if i had the legit disk still :( tried dling it and "work around" but it becomes unplayable after i install the newest game browser, cant remember what its called. ( diff than resurrection )

Its good to see all the old players still love Renegade. You might remember me as -BiO-Cereal_Killer . I remember you guys working on this way back in the day, It looks like its evolved tremendously.

Can't wait to try it, I even got some old clanmates coming to check it out.

Yeah CK, what's happening?!? Hope to rock out RenX with you soon enough!!

Wow, its surprising how many of these names I recognize xD. So many old school players, I love it. I played on and off since the release of Renegade (doubt many people remember me, I didn't make much of a scene for myself other than being a team player :P). I spent most of my time on -UN- new maps/Jelly Marathon. I was part of the clans DW/DSG until we kinda drifted from Renegade, but now that X is close to open beta (and accepting more applicants :D) myself, and my old clan mates are quickly coming back for more :).

(IGN is gilligab btw)

Not certain what happened to my old account on this forum, was probably under some other name.

Anyways very much looking forward to the release of RenX, even buying a new pc to coincide with the release :), will be applying for Beta with my clan/community. We were formed from the remains of Team Noobless and other gamers from a long running CA clan.

IGN was Usheen / ~SOC~Usheen for a long time then started to rotate it quite a bit. Hopefully will see a lot of faces I remember!