Modeling for the project

majd

Hello people,

I've been chatting with NEFobbyGEN about supporting this project.

I can help modeling vehicles, buildings and other non-bio stuff.

Here's a little something I made yesterday for the forum. It's based on the concept art from REDALERT2.

apocalypseb.jpg

apocalypseA.jpg

--------------

Here's some older stuff. Made with NURBS on Rhino3d 1.0.

truck.jpg

Basically, that's what I got...

My profile on MODDB

hey, as one of the modelers of the team, your stuff seems to be quite good, but there is much room for improvement your mesh flow seems to be jaggedy and will be hard to unwrap,

Also, do you model in 3D studio max? that is the main program we use, and its also the most reliable and most common way.

If you have more model or can make something (we will give you a test so to speak) then we will continue in further discussions...

Ad myself, Fobby, and Havoc89 on msn and we will discuss more.

~killa

QUOTE (Killa @ May 22 2008, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey, as one of the modelers of the team, your stuff seems to be quite good, but there is much room for improvement your mesh flow seems to be jaggedy and will be hard to unwrap,

Also, do you model in 3D studio max? that is the main program we use, and its also the most reliable and most common way.

If you have more model or can make something (we will give you a test so to speak) then we will continue in further discussions...

Ad myself, Fobby, and Havoc89 on msn and we will discuss more.

~killa[/b]

Currently I do most of the modeling in Rhino3d. It's based on NURBS, but also features good mesh modeling. Fobby gave me a task :P already, and I'll be posting WIP when I can.

I appreciate the critique. I'm here to support the project, and also learn and advance my skills.

QUOTE (majd @ May 23 2008, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Currently I do most of the modeling in Rhino3d. It's based on NURBS, but also features good mesh modeling. Fobby gave me a task :P already, and I'll be posting WIP when I can.

I appreciate the critique. I'm here to support the project, and also learn and advance my skills.[/b]

sounds good, one thing i suggest is branching away from 1. Rhino3D, and 2. Using nurbs, both are low end and not very useful, Rhino is a baseline 3d program form my understandings, grab yourself a 30-day trial of 3ds max and take a whirl at it, if you have mesh experience in rhino you can probably do some decent to good work in Max.

let me know if you have any questions!