BOB! Can Map?!

No. A requirement of the class is that we have to make our own meshes and our own textures (aside from the guns and in my case the flag of course) [so actually I need to get rid of the lights on the walls/ceilings and make my own, replace the sky dome texture with my own, and make my own slime material for the sludge areas]

I don't have normal or spec maps for my textures yet.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 21 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. A requirement of the class is that we have to make our own meshes and our own textures (aside from the guns and in my case the flag of course) [so actually I need to get rid of the lights on the walls/ceilings and make my own, replace the sky dome texture with my own, and make my own slime material for the sludge areas]

I don't have normal or spec maps for my textures yet.[/b]

well I meant those checker textures

• Former Developers

Im not going to comment on the visual aspect of the map. However the layout is rather interesting. It should definatly have some super fast paced pick up the flag and get blown to bits action because of the distance from each flag. I take it from the name, that this will be both an indoor and outdoor map. My one concern is that there are way too many small passage ways sprinkled accross the map. Not only that, but that some of the more common weaponry are too far off from the flag's location. Im thinking that by the time you go and get one of those guns, someone could steal your flag by then. Thats my only concern for the layout of the map.

Other then that, this should play quite nicely.

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (War-Lord @ May 24 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice work, I am also learning how to make maps in UED also. As far as I gotten was the first tutorial for map making in the collectors edition bonus disk.[/b]

I'm a little further on when I last had the ability to use it, working with the material creator. I think once I've finished something I'm working on, I will do a normal UT3 map to try out ideas and simply see if I can work with the editor effectively.