Sniper mod?

Mike

First of all, the game looks absolutely superb and I am in great anticipation for this mod.

Secondly, sniper servers were (and still are) very popular in Renegade multiplayer. I was wondering if the same possibility for sniper servers would be included with this mod. And if so, what changes would there be to it (realizing that some of the movements that the players could perform were quite unrealistic actually seemed to make it fun).

I love Renegade for all it is and look forward to what it will become with this mod. My favorite part of Ren was sniping fools heads off and hearing the boink. Man I hope the boink comes back as well as the sniper servers. Maybe even a good ladder system that doesn't just reward players for playing 24/7 but for actually being good. I would love to provide any help I can in making this game come out. Maybe donations for the server to test on or something like that.

• Totem Arts Staff

About sniper servers, after release I am sure there will be someone willing to help us make a sniping game mode for people who like that.

As for realism, sniping in Renegade X will be similar to that of UT3, which is quite similar to C&C Renegade's sniping. That means yes, you'll be able to run around and jump while shooting your gun without your reticle getting bigger. We don't want to slow down the pace of the mod by making it more realistic, because Renegade was never meant to be a very realistic game. It's more of an arcade classic-style shooter that has more fighting than most of the newer FPS games.

Alright sounds good. I'm more excited for the regular 'AOW' part of the game anyway.

I've never played any of the UT's, so im not exactly sure what they're gameplay is like, but judging by the videos you've guys have released it seems to be similar to Renegade's.

QUOTE (Mike @ May 4 2008, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea I noticed just by the video the soldier ran a bit faster. Infantry is what im best at in Renegade anyway and I think speeding up the pace would be a good thing.[/b]

As crazy and chaotic as Renegade is some times, it doesn't even compare to the speed of some UT matches.