Renegade X Ingame/CG Trailer

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey guys.

For the past month, the Renegade X team has been working on getting more content ingame. So we had decided to compile some ingame clips for a new trailer.

The video also contains Computer-Generated scenes of the original Tiberium meteor crash at the Tiber river.

This awesome trailer contains scenes from Complex, Hourglass, and Field. Watch Nod Stealth Tanks, GDI Humvees, GDI APCs, and GDI MRLS battle it out on the fields, see the C&C Renegade we all love with a spectacular graphical overhaul, and witness the Tiberium Meteor crashing into the Tiber River, just by clicking on one of the links below:

HD Trailer - Renegade X Mirror (Download)

HD Trailer - Mirror provided by TheBlackOut

You Tube

HQ You Tube

Standard Definition (Download)

We've worked really hard to get this trailer to you all. We hope you enjoy it.

• Former Developers

I'm glad you all liked it.

Hopefuly sometime soon we could have a public beta ready, but there are still quite a lot of things to do. Be patiant fellas, Im sure we can have some kind of release in the summer. But until then, we're going to keep on pumping out awesome updates like this one to keep you guys happy.

What can I say but, bravo, awesome, great, remarkable, impressive, exciting, breathtaking, amazing, incredible, mind-blowing, astonishing, marvelous, outstanding, terrific, excellent, superior. I know I am missing a few more words to describe not only the mod, but the trailer.

This looks great.

How much is left to do? If I extrapolate from what's not in the video, which is nicely done and the Kane voiceover stuff is great, I would guess this:

1) Stealth effects

2) Animate infantry and inf weapons

3) Building destruction animations

4) Super weapons animations

5) Scoring

6) Deployed mine count - This is a nice-to-have feature to help players understand that all the mines are already deployed and that you should leave them alone. It would be nice to have some sort of help information explain mine strategy so people don't try to mine every square inch of the map or try to stop vehicles with them.

7) Repair effect for buildings and vehicles... wait does it work on infantry too? Yes I think it does. Oh and they clear out mines too.

8) Cash flow

9) Harvester

10) Vehicle deployments

11) Purchase consoles - must change based on available buildings and cash

• 2 weeks later...

Is there no date when the first release is coming out?? How long is it going to take.. I can't stand it anymore!!

Havoc89:

I'm glad you all liked it.

Hopefuly sometime soon we could have a public beta ready, but there are still quite a lot of things to do. Be patiant fellas, Im sure we can have some kind of release in the summer. But until then, we're going to keep on pumping out awesome updates like this one to keep you guys happy.[/b]

• Former Developers

We're not going to promise a date if we cant keep it. That would only get everyone's hopes up only to have them shot down. We would probably atleast one week in advance let you guys know if there is some kind of public beta ready. Unless its a suprise :P

• 3 months later...

I'm downloading every movie of Renegade-X that I can and I am going to make it all into one movie.

Awesome

So a million people all love the mod, literally

Am I also the millionth person to want to put all the movies together?

The Renegade X team is a young team that is not corrupt like the ones that run the old Renegade today. When, Renegade X is relased, we will all have a fresh beginning free of BS politics, gay n00b pointfix, a brand new game, and a new chapter in our gaming lives.

This is the only reason I greatly support the honorable efforts of the Renegade X team.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Shark @ Sep 5 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Renegade X team is a young team that is not corrupt like the ones that run the old Renegade today. When, Renegade X is relased, we will all have a fresh beginning free of BS politics, gay n00b pointfix, a brand new game, and a new chapter in our gaming lives.

This is the only reason I greatly support the honorable efforts of the Renegade X team.[/b]

Not downplaying your point, but how is the old Renegade corrupt?

not much teamplay to be found these days (might have changed since i haven't played for like 6 months now) also there are a hell of a lot of campers/pointwhores. as soon as ur a little bit better than worse and you start shootin HSes, they immediately ban you for beeing a cheater. if you use tricks/paths to get into the base which were respected in the old days, you also get kicked, etc. etc. etc.

QUOTE (NEFirestorm @ Sep 21 2008, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and you think there wont be any campers/pointwhores etc etc in renegade X?[/b]

of course there will b campers... but at least a headshot won't be called a cheat anymore for a while, and when a building is destroyed with base defences still online you won't be called a cheater (at least i hope)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...