German taunts ?

LeecherbS

Hi,

Is there a possibility to add German taunts into this mod ? I have the original German Renegade taunts here.It´s no problem to play the game in English but the taunts in English are not so clearly for me :)

THX

LeecherbS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I think it would be a nice feature for the German, Swiss, Austrian (and what ever else exists) player out there :) I'm a Swiss, but I always play games in English so it wouldn't make a difference for me :D But for the people who really don't understand a single word English it would be quite a good thing. Mostly, as I think, the German synchronisations are unforunately not so good. So my opinion: it's for sure a nice option but not a necessity at all.

• Totem Arts Staff

We probably will not be having taunts and text in different languages, simply because it takes a lot of work (coding different versions of the mod, getting a German guy to translate everything, and a couple German voice actor) and only benefits a few people. Most of the EVA and Radio Commands are pretty self explanatory "attack the powerplant" or "Tiberium Refinery under attack".

Right now we're more concerned with getting the mod done rather than having different languages.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Jul 23 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
getting a German guy to translate everything, and a couple German voice actor[/b]

I would do it ;) So you already have one :D And I can imitate several voices so you... uhm... got about 3 :D Isn't that nice? :P

*just kidding*

No it's true. It would be a huge piece of work. And like you already said: Only a few would profit from it.