Silly Mod Person

Patriot

• 1 month later...

me too, ive helped him with some mapping questions.

but in carnage club, anything should go...i like to go into those RP servers sometimes just to play some carnage , most of the time I ask if its ok to play some DM for awhile....you know the RP kids need a break from all that standing around and chatting....so one time i had them playing DM for a while ... and people would join and say i thought this was rp...lol

Then after about 20 mins they wanted to get back to there RP, so I left peacefully.

but this goes to show, the server moderators have the say...if you dont follow there rules, they'll eventually kick ya...in your case he may or may not of warned ya, but they have the final say.

I always wanted my own server, but Renegade just doesnt have that amount of players to fill a new 32 player server anymore....everyone that plays goes to either Unrules,N00bstories,or jelly.

• Totem Arts Staff

Actually Titan, my clan NE used to have a 24-player server not so long ago. It was always full.

About moderators, they should NEVER be above the rules. I really dislike that sort of thing. Moderators should be like a police force, not like warlords ohmy.gif

Back when our server was up, moderators were punished for bad actions.

Yes, but not always are the moderators caught. We had the same rules when I helped moderate.... not the punishing per se, but those who made mistakes were talked to and trained through it. You can't be a good moderator without making mistakes.... the point is to learn from those mistakes be humble and lift the ban (or warn) and apologize. smile.gif

• Totem Arts Staff

That's also true.

As long as moderators are made to recognize their mistakes. I've seen some of the most rediculous servers in Renegade's community, where moderators were always on top of everyone. Sure they may own or pay for the server, but gaming servers are for the public to enjoy, not for admins to oppress.