Renegade 2007: Video Preview, Hourglass Released and Happy Birthday Renegade!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey everyone. It's been a while since we've had an update, but we've got a pretty good one for you.

New Ingame Video

We have just uploaded our first ever Renegade 2007 ingame video. This video features the Nod soldier, and the maps "Hourglass" and "Field".

Work In Progress. We still have not added the buildings, so we have put temporary UT3-style bases for Vehicle Capture the Flag mode.

** Link now works ** http://ren2007.totemarts.net/Downloads/R07_Trailer_01.wmv

Enjoy!

VCTF Hourglass for UT3 Released!

The VCTF Hourglass map is complete and ready for download. This is one of the few Renegade 2007 content pieces which will be released before our first version.

http://ren2007.totemarts.net/Downloads/VCTF-HourGlass.rar

Map Description: According to Nod research scientists, enhancements in Tiberium mutation have been rapidly growing in this mountain area. This deadly mutation in Tiberium has desolated the region from its plant and animal life by absorbing its natural resources. After GDI discovered the spike in Tiberium mutation, they were quick to respond, and began to establish a forward base of operations. As GDI began excavating the secrets of this region, Nod forces retaliated in an effort to stop GDI from discovering the mysteries of this mutation.

Happy birthday Renegade!

On February 26th, 2002, Westwood Studios and EA Games had released Command & Conquer: Renegade. It was the first game of its kind; blending the famous C&C formula with the action of a Shooter.

Although the game was deemed a failure in recent EA interviews, it has a strong, dedicated community of servers, mod teams, clan tournaments, and more. These groups of people have kept the game alive, and in many cases it had outlived many newer games.

If C&C Renegade has taught us anything, it is that a game can live on good gameplay alone. Renegade's graphics were never great, its netcoding wasn't good, running servers wasn't user-friendly, it didn't have any built-in anti-cheat system, it did not receive much support from EA, etc. However, the gameplay alone had driven the game this far, now on its 6th birthday.

This unique multiplayer experience is something I personally look forward to carrying onto our mod, as other mods are doing the same.

havocbirthdayzq8.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WooHoo Hourglass for UT3 :D , Oh Hi Everyone again lol I have been real busy with getting my life together with a steady job :) I will be able to spend more time on the HUD for this mod real soon :) At first when I saw that video it looked like Renegade until I noticed the damage effect :) That video made it look like it was Renegade which was awesome :) Now I can't wait for a fully functional mod ready for release :) . I will try and keep in touch more now that I am slowly getting more free time.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooo I dk if anyone else has the problem. But I bought a 8800GT and was playing this map and it stutters and locks up for a few seconds. I didnt have the problem with my 7600GS, and i don't have the problem when playing the default map.

Still fun =D

QUOTE (ratty @ Apr 15 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soooooo I dk if anyone else has the problem. But I bought a 8800GT and was playing this map and it stutters and locks up for a few seconds. I didnt have the problem with my 7600GS, and i don't have the problem when playing the default map.

Still fun =D[/b]

hmm... doesn't sound good, I was actually thinking of buying a 8800GT myself :/
Can't someone confirm if that is a real problem, or if it is just this guy?

Get the 8800 GTS 512mb version, it is only a little more expensive than the GT; the brand new 9800GTX only performs a couple frames better than it.

Here's an article reviewing the 9800gtx, but it has results of the top graphics cards.

And here is the results of the 8800gts and UT3.

Ratty are your drivers up to date?

(edit: Fixed links)

QUOTE (Xrain @ Apr 16 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get the 8800 GTS 512mb version, it is only a little more expensive than the GT; the brand new 9800GTX only performs a couple frames better than it.

Here's an article reviewing the 9800gtx, but it has results of the top graphics cards.

And here is the results of the 8800gts and UT3.

Ratty are your drivers up to date?[/b]

those two links go to the exact same page

• 3 months later...