Way more possible options for Ren07

Seb_Geb

Options that could be turned on or off (like mutators), so after classic Ren has been remade biggrin.gif

I was brainstorming about the possibillities which the u3 engine is giving us:

\-Building capturing

all builing gets an extra "HP-bar" and the enemy can fill it which using Rep guns on mct(only), when filled, the building loses half

it's hp(which can be repaired and during the (mid/low HP)explosion the housecolour painting changes. recapturing is possible.

A building which is captured is functional to its house, so if captured a HON/Bar, you'll be able to buy all character(but it costs

double due you don't have an extra PP) and so on...

-

\-Target painter:

--for calling airstrike or mine drop(by air)

--calling in reinforcements like:

---vehicles(AI to which you can give orders to, or emty)

---turrets/emplacements(AI or emty)

---squad(AI only, but they listen to your orders)

--Team beaconing, a laser pointer to unite your teams firepower.

-

\-More gametypes:

--Bombing run (gain credits due killing and scoring gain wining points due scoring)

--Team Deathmatch

--assault(or Co-Op) (as replacement for singleplayer)

--CTF

--Vehicle CTF

--Unslaught (UT unslaught now tastes like CnC)

--all out war (CNC takes it up against the UT Arsenal)

-

\-Able choose in what friendly building to spawn.

-

\-combo's (like the adreneline-rushes in UT)

-

\-Rocketlocking (maybe only on vehicles)

-

\-Make buildings garrisonable:

--MCT like thing capturing required to acces:

---lifts

---doors

---gun emplacements in front of most windows

---get automated ceilingguns on your side

-

\-UT announcements (maybe modded for Ren use)

\-Base swapping (never thought of fighing from the other side of cnc-field?)

\-Tiberium growth(harvs now really have to work to let tiberium not creep into your base)

\-buy a fully funtional Harv(AI or drive one yourself)

\-more (animated) taunts

\-more crate surprises.

\-No more boxes fixed to the ground

\-Gore slidebar No<->Full gore

\-fixed superweapons, when there is something like a roof (like CnC_Under), now SWs create holes on the roof/ceiling

\-PIC/Railguns are able to shoot through some objects/walls.

this was it and i hope some of this could be implented in this mod as a patch(or a mod tongue.gif) like thing after the "classic" Ren has been remade biggrin.gif

regards,

Seb

• Totem Arts Staff
Originally posted by Mighty BOB!
Able choose in what friendly building to spawn.

I'd actually like that one... I fucking hate it when the server spawns me in the Barracks on C&C_Complex 5 times in a row when Nod is whoring the living hell out of the entrance with Artys and Sakuras.[/b]

But that's part of the fun tongue.gif If you were trying to get an enemy building secretly and encounter the usual one or two guys there, they'd just keep spawning in that building till they can get rid of you. Makes it much harder to actually destroy a building from infiltration.

i really hope i get an upgrade for my PC or a new pc so i finally can learn how to design with Ued3....and 3ds max 9....but till then i try to make some nice ideas :D

Thanks for being positive about this biggrin.gif

//Edit: i'm now writing(on paper first tongue.gif) an update for this list, prepare for another Big post biggrin.gif

• 3 months later...

I would also like a option to be able to choose which of the 4 basic characters is my default spawn character.

Or you could hit 1-4 to choose which one because maybe this time you want to be a shotgunner and not a engineer like usual because you know there are enemies in the base?

I would also like a option to be able to choose which of the 4 basic characters is my default spawn character.

Or you could hit 1-4 to choose which one because maybe this time you want to be a shotgunner and not a engineer like usual because you know there are enemies in the base?[/b]

Well One of the good things about Renegade was that you spawned immediately after you died, but if you have to choose a char first, you wont respawn as quick, and you can always use the PT's. If they are set up like they are in original Renegade, it takes you about ½ sec to switch to another free char anyway. But ofc. it is up to the team

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Nov 30 2007, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd actually like that one... I fucking hate it when the server spawns me in the Barracks on C&C_Complex 5 times in a row when Nod is whoring the living hell out of the entrance with Artys and Sakuras.[/b]

That'd be useful, so if a building gets destroyed you can no longer spawn in that building and must select another one.

Also another idea, a destroyed building can be 're-purchased' so to speak if there is a Construction Yard(If implemented) But when bought it's health starts at yellow and the building must get into the green in order for it to be functional again(by getting into the green I mean, it doesn't have to reach the end of it's health bar to be operational again).

Also, perhaps being able to spawn as one of the basic 4 units.
So...before you spawn you could choose if you wanted to spawn as an;
-Minigunner
-Shotgun
-Grenadier/FlameTrooper
-Engineer
Instead of Always spawning as a Minigunner and having to find a PT quickly.
Also..if there's lag then it makes things a little more irritating to get the unit you want quickly.
(EDIT: guess someone else already covered that last one... :unsure: )

Options that could be turned on or off (like mutators), so after classic Ren has been remade :D

--Bombing run (gain credits due killing and scoring gain wining points due scoring)

Big fan of this UT game mode, but im not sure how we could work it into renegade, off the top of my head.. have a gun that holds this superball, that when shot at the enemy buildings (like a goal) that it kills that building, maybe have it set up like INF only, with a silo, barracks, power plant, and a refinery (have a harvy too ..where if you send it into that it will kill it)...i count 4 buildings so the score would only go up to 4, unless we add more silos.

Passing the ball, will work just the same as UT's BR, hope the code will be open source, or we can code it eventually after our classic version.

--Vehicle CTF,

I have a hybrid mode where scoring the flags back to your base will set off special events(TBA), maybe include 2 flags in certain areas where its harder to defend... along with your own buildings too... Main object will NOT be to get X amount of captures, instead you still need to kill the base buildings, 2 captures in a row may set of an air strike killing 2 buildings... these "captures" will work like renegades "custom crates", where it will be a bit random, but 2 or 3 in a row, will reward you a higher teir power, 1 capture may give ur team a extra vehicle towards the count for 5 mins or aslong as you keep all tanks alive there after, another time you may only knock out the other teams power , or set out an EMP so it disables a building for a few mins, these are just new ideas, i had a list of other events but they were basic...

1 or more buildings will take a specified amount of permanent or temporary damage

Team will be rewarded with a credit bonus of a specified amount

Bring back certain structures, for this you'd get to choose and have to have a building dead for it to trigger

Free Vehicle, weapon or keycard(these may or may not be used)

plus many more possibility's!

-Able choose in what friendly building to spawn.

Could be a server option

-Rocketlocking (maybe only on vehicles)

you'll see better tracking from homing rockets

-get automated ceilingguns on your side

Maybe have techs and hottys pay for a ceiling gun upgrade per building??

QUOTE (Viking @ Mar 3 2008, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or you could hit 1-4 to choose which one because maybe this time you want to be a shotgunner and not a engineer like usual because you know there are enemies in the base?[/b]

I like this idea, maybe for the 1 second ur lying dead, you can press 1-4 to select ur spawn character, this would work well in conjunction with the server side option to choose ur spawn area, i dont think UT characters get stuck together in spawns? This would also be helpful even on random spawn, which i'd prefer the server to have on.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Mar 9 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well honestly, clicking on a unit aftet you die and spawning with it doesn't save too much time. PT's are usually right in front of the spawn points, where you just need to take a couple steps forward.[/b]

Ive been killed at PT's and Ive killed many people trying to buy at the PT after spawn, 1 ramjet shot, ur dead.

QUOTE (Titan1x77 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea it was, and is still possible...people will have to be quick to press a key when they die(if ur slow u only spawn as a minigunner), and also, They will still use PT's for characters from the barracks.[/b]

or if they want to swap to another free char afterwards too I suppose, right?

• 3 months later...

what might be good however wen i think about it...a little silly...

is if you only need to enter the bar/hon and pres 1 - 4 to change between the free inf... you dont gain any health tho...

but like i said wen i think about it... a dumb idea

\-Building capturing

Instead of capturing a building, which will probably be destroyed/recaptured shortly afterwards as you can't defend it (and the base defences go frantic), you should be able to 'steal' technology.

So, you fill that nice extra bar of yours. And when it's done some of your units will receive additional weapons (or have the option to buy extra weapons without changing character).

Think about: buying the good old laser rifle for your hotwire. A chaingun for your havoc. Laser chain gun for deadeye.

Or when you are on Nod: buy a gunner rocket launcher for your laser chain gun, a tiberium flachette gun for your SBH, etc.

Some weapons would ofcourse not be buyable by certain characters. being able to just buy a sniper when your SBH would be too good. The same counts for things such as rocket launchers and other headshot weapons.

Dunno how it would work with vehicle technology.

Perhaps make it so that every time you steal something, you get only one weapon of your opponent at a time. So to get all weapons, you have to capture it again and again.

\-Able choose in what friendly building to spawn.

Nah, that would make it too hard to attack a base. If i get run over by an APC rush, I would immidiately select the most likely building to spawn in, mine it with all kinds of C4 and then blow hell out of them when they park outside my door.

Also, when I'm in an enemy refinery, I like my enemy's to NOT spawn constantly around me because they choose it. It's hard enough as it is to have someone spawn twice in a row in the same building while you are trying to destroy it. Imagine every trooper you kill doing that.

And I would prefer buildings that are destroyed to be still spawn places. Else it's too easy to bottle an entire team up when there's less buildings around.

\-Rocketlocking (maybe only on vehicles)

Sounds interesting. But only on vehicles as you say.

\-Base swapping (never thought of fighing from the other side of cnc-field?)

Now here's an idea. They have to change some area's a bit to allow the airstrip on some places. But it's defenitely something I would like to see.

\-Tiberium growth(harvs now really have to work to let tiberium not creep into your base)

If tiberium is destroyable by gunfire, be my guest. Otherwise, it would be too dangerous on maps as city, where the tiberium is very close to the infantry exits, and the harvester takes a long time to get to the fields, and usually the harvester get's destroyed a few times in a row.

But I'm not sure, such a 'growth' program is quite hard to make as I understand it.

\-buy a fully funtional Harv(AI or drive one yourself)

Drive on yourself is already an option they are tinkering with as far as I understand.

\-more (animated) taunts

Like the renguard one's we got now ;)

\-No more boxes fixed to the ground

With the unreal engine? ofcourse those boxes will be movable!

\-fixed superweapons, when there is something like a roof (like CnC_Under), now SWs create holes on the roof/ceiling.

Here's a great idea: If a beacon is placed close enough to a building to destroy it, then the roof will collapse on top of the building, destroying it in the process. Would be realistic and fun to watch.

\-PIC/Railguns are able to shoot through some objects/walls.

Ehm, no please. Renegade has a unique feature that you can still see the health and a nice targeting square around your enemy after passing your reticle over him. I usually hide behind a wall for a few seconds waiting for a good moment to attack. If a PIC or railgun can suddenly shoot through some of those walls, I would be severely screwed.

And others too, by the way.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.