So how many of you have UT3?

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

I'll be getting Unreal Tournament 3 soon, maybe in about a month, with a new Computer.[/b]

wo man ohmy.gifohmy.gif same here lol tongue.gif im gettin a new comp end dec/start jan and this somp is to crap to run ut3 so im gonna get it and C&C 3 tongue.giftongue.gif with my new comp.

• 3 months later...
QUOTE (Combine 108 @ Mar 24 2008, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was going to get UT3 once we get the new desktop, just because of this mod, but now the new comp is acting all strange. (stupid Vista!) games won't work, etc. ah well. guess i'll just rally u guys on.[/b]

here is a simple fix for that parts.

FORMAT AND INSTALL XP

• 3 months later...

I dont yet, I have a beast of a pc with all the trimmings, but spent so much there was no funds left to buy games for it.

got the best PC ever...with no way to prove it... i'll...just play solitare... ahhaha noooo i dont think so! ^_^

oh... and reborn?... thats that Tiberian Sun mod isnt it... I remember seeing that like 4 years ago... is it still not released yet!... is there any point now anyway?

I have Unreal 3. The single player sucked, the old storyline where you just busted your way through the tourney was more fun, as were the bot descriptions.

I think I have had more fun with the first Unreal tournament, then with all the other unreal tournament's put together.

It had more (very cool) musics, which I still play on my winamp when I'm working.

It had more maps.

It had more difficult bots (I could do masterfull at best on the first Unreal tournament, but godlike on Unreal 3 is almost nothing compared to it, but still difficult in a way).

IT HAD ASSAULT AND A GOOD SNIPER RIFLE.

The only pro's on Unreal 3 are:

Vehicles.

Good graphix and physics.

Interesting layout of the deathmatch maps (the other maps aren't really surprising or interesting when you've done them for a few times).

I had some fun with the multiplayer, which it was mostly made for. But Unreal 3 is too much about the person who can shoot best. Not the person who can shoot good, know how to use tactics more then 'if I place an artillery here, I can shoot at the flag and make it impossible for anyone to take it unless they take on me and the entire team', where teamplay is a prime and not a secondary option if all else fails and just one goal: killing, killing and capturing.

That's why I'm still with Renegade. It's not about the best shooter around. Even the worst shooter can hit an MCT with remotes and win the game by organising APC rushes. Only the worst of the worst noobs cannot contribute to the game.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (Unit75 @ Jun 28 2008, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was infantry only tho i believe -.-

dont quote me on that tho,[/b]

yes it was a inf only, with quite horrible balance to say it mild. But if you like Red Alert, you could check out http://www.apathbeyond.com renegade total conversion too, but set in Red Alert universe

nah i dont like that mod.... its good an all dont get me wrong....

but why do all the vehicles have the same sounds as in the 2D version from 95

you get a superb looking tank with a gun that sounds like somthing less destructive than a Pea shooter...

sound is very important to me in games...

like if you fire with a Nod Artillery...the sound you get off that gun, you know if you hit sombody with this....its all over.... its got UMPH!!

also, the air units in pathbeyond have to return to base to re-arm.... thats quite silly (its not silly realistically for obvious reasons).... but I prefered how it was in Renegade, it means you need more teamwork to take down the choppers because its gonna rape you till you die unless you can work together to minimise air threats with Ramjets, Pics or Ravs...

if it has to retreat anyway then it takes somthin out of the game... if u get me O_O

So this first part is about reborn right?

QUOTE (Unit75 @ Jul 4 2008, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nah i dont like that mod.... its good an all dont get me wrong....

but why do all the vehicles have the same sounds as in the 2D version from 95

you get a superb looking tank with a gun that sounds like somthing less destructive than a Pea shooter...

sound is very important to me in games...

like if you fire with a Nod Artillery...the sound you get off that gun, you know if you hit sombody with this....its all over.... its got UMPH!![/b]

and I have to say I don't like its current state either, but for the vehicles they are all ATM set in by the fans, and is not the official ones

and then you begin talking about APB right?

QUOTE (Unit75 @ Jul 4 2008, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also, the air units in pathbeyond have to return to base to re-arm.... thats quite silly (its not silly realistically for obvious reasons).... but I prefered how it was in Renegade, it means you need more teamwork to take down the choppers because its gonna rape you till you die unless you can work together to minimise air threats with Ramjets, Pics or Ravs...

if it has to retreat anyway then it takes somthin out of the game... if u get me O_O[/b]

for the air units that is not because it is realistic, but because it is RAlistic (ie. true to Red Alert), and really choppers are far more powerful and agile than those in Renegade, 4+longows can if they get to their target take down any structures in a matter of seconds. And for the pure that the deal so much damage so fast you actually need far more teamwork to neutralize air units in APB, as unlike in Renegade you can't just get a n00bjet and kill them with 3-4 shots :S

• 2 weeks later...

I bought UT3 more or less as a result of this mod (a few weeks ago actually). My computer isn't high-end (1GB DDR2 667, 256MB graphics card w/ GDDR3 [ATi All-in-Wonder X1800 XL] and a dual-core AMD Athlon 64 [4800+]) but can run the game on highest settings minus vert sync and physics @ 1024x768. :)