Renegade 2007 Rename Thread

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

Renegade Tension?

i am not very good at names, but ill keep thinking

could just call it "Renegade"

when you think about it, because the mod isnt produced by EA you cant give it the C&C brand name, but because it is a mod you can call it what ever the hell you want, so i guess you could settle for Renegade. Then it would be known as Renegade the UT3 Mod.

yeah you can really tell i am out of ideas here tongue.gif

Originally posted by a1h

could just call it "Renegade"

when you think about it, because the mod isnt produced by EA you cant give it the C&C brand name, but because it is a mod you can call it what ever the hell you want, so i guess you could settle for Renegade. Then it would be known as Renegade the UT3 Mod.

Not really, because how often would people say the last part of that "name" then, and thus it might be confused with the Original C&C renegade, and why shouldn't you be able to use C&C on it, it is a mod BASED ON A C&C GAME.

i was sort of at the time thinking about copyright issues on the "C&C" name, though ea has been pretty good with letting people use it for mods, but normally they are quite heavy footed on that sort of thing.

what about Unreal Renegade?

when comes the poll?...

and here are more:

-Ultimate Renegade

-Renegade From the ashes

From Quotes of Havoc:

-Renegade S.I.C (Still Interested in Conflicts, A havoc quote: "Conflict on interests? No, i'm interested in conflicts" and it can be spoken out as "Sick" or "As I See")

-Renegade Right Handed (Havoc shoots Lefthanded while he IS righthanded(on CnC 1 : That Was lefthanded, Ren: Me taking up for the whole Nod Crew? Sounds not fair, maybe i'll shoot lefthanded)

i hope u like them

seb

I think it would be bad to have a date in the title of the game or mod. Just imagine people talking about it years down the road -- "Hey, want to play some Renegade 2002?" It'll give the mod an ancient and outdated feeling and/or impression.

1. Unreal Renegade

2. Renegade Counter-Attack

3. Renegade Refinished

4. Renegade Revival

5. Renegade Reconquered

Unfortunately I don't agree with "Unreal" being in the title, no matter how logical or formal it seems. I think I stole my second suggestion partially from a Red Alert expansion pack. I don't agree with my last 3 suggestions either, as they seem too redundant, too long, or overused, unfitting.

If there's nothing left to pick or decide on, I think Unreal Renegade would be the better choice out of any.

Think of something that is NOT Renegade. What do you think Westwood would say or suggest?

Originally posted by Qwerty

If there's nothing left to pick or decide on, I think Unreal Renegade would be the better choice out of any.

I certainly think "Unreal" is a very good name to add to the mod name. "Unreal Renegade" sounds pretty nice but a little plain.

does it have to be called Renegade? or Unreal in the name because you could call it something completely different like Tiberium fallout or something like that... just thinking of ways to expand the choice of names we can choose from.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, I see some interesting names. I liked Renegade Awakened but the suggestion of Unreal Renegade is backwards looking how about:

Renegade: Unreal

I agree with many other posters that a year in the name is OK when you are working on it but after release it should not be dated by having a year in the name. I think it would be held back and we dont want to see that happen.

Wiz

• 6 months later...