UnReal 3 Demo

Saga

I'm sure your all aware, but in case you are not, Unreal 3 demo appears to be slated for release Friday. Our UT guys are foaming at the mouth and have had to be locked in their cages - so we will have a demo server up ASAP for anyone interested.

I guess you'll get a nice preview of what you've been waiting for.

Saga

• Former Developers

you crazy person you!... lol

i just played the demo, and I am really excited to play this game. It looks freakin awesome even on lowest graphics which is all i can affoard atm. Very excited for the full release, hopefully i have enough cash to upgrade my pc before the full release! tongue.gif

World detail kills my FPS, with max settings on both I get 15-30ish. Ive been under 15 and over 30, but it's rare. Lowering World detail helps alot 30-50, while lowering Texture detail just looks horrible, and I get no increase.

So 5 for texture and 3 for world is a nice mix.

Havoc, I'd try turning up texture but leaving world low...looks good and your GFX card should be able to load the textures with minimal impact. I was expecting 40-60, I hope they optimize it a bit more.

The 3 demo maps all remind me of Gears of war...Kinda gloomy.

Jeep, 750mb's demo, you can bet any amount of money that all the textures are half the size atleast, and compressed like hell.

and Im sure AA and AF will be included if not you can set it on in the nvidia CP...which I have for renegade allready, and no I dont use the scripts crap that jonwil turned on the AA setting.

I'm on highest detail with a 2.66 Ghz P4D and an ATI X1650 with only 1GB of RAM. Goodness knows what's up. Might be SEVERE fragmentation? (I tend not to notice fragmentation, SATA II RAID 10, AKA 0+1 is rather fast...)

You say that the installer cries "corrupt"? What's the exact error message? (Download it properly, don't click "run", that might muck it up)

thats the PhysX engine, try googling and getting the latest version of :

Ageia physX engine

It's in my Start menu applications and i can update from there.

Also, theres been some reports of ATI problems...

Did you try a d-load from our mirror? thats where i got mine, installer is fine.

Don't use d-load accelerators too, that can screw it up.

trying the manual update now... and yes i tried 2 dl it from your mirrors, but same problem...

PS. lol tried it, but it still tries 2 install the version 7.09 while i have it now lol... and still the same problem... i'll try 2 re-download 1ce more and if that doesn't work i'll just have 2 wait till full game comes out...

• 2 weeks later...