Another Renegade 2 Hint

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Source: Planet CNC

Smurfbizkit pointed me to a rather specific job posting on the EA Jobs site:

Does the idea of contributing your specialized knowledge in sound design to the next generation gaming platform for EAs widely recognized leading Sci Fi franchise get you pumped? EA has an exciting opportunity for a Sound Designer who will work closely with the Audio Director on creating sound effects, dialog and music for a next-generation first person shooter game. You will be instrumental in designing audio elements for a high profile new intellectual property.

(...)

Responsible for designing and implementing sound effects for C&CX including sound effects design and editing, music integration, field recording, technology development and documentation.

Unless C&CX is some kind of audio production flow and EA has some other "leading Sci-Fi Franchise" (and the job's also for the EALA studio in particular), it looks like a C&C FPS may be heading our way...[/b]

As I said earlier today, before I found this news article, I would rather have a new Renegade than 3 new FPS games. I simply haven't played any other game more than Renegade.

If there will be a Renegade 2, it won't affect the progress of Renegade 2007 (unless EA is doing the exact same thing we are )

The C&C Renegade formula is what made this game last so long. Let's hope EA uses it.

Edit: And yeah, it'd be nice if they use Crysis or UE3 :roll:

• Totem Arts Staff

http://www.timeofwar.com/news.php?id=5776

Quote:

MAJ : Notre confrère russe CnC3.cc en rajoute une couche avec une liste des jeux en développement chez EALA :

RTS : Command & Conquer 3 : Add-on

RTS : Generals 2 avec une sortie pour 2009 (je sens que ça va gueuler )

FPS : Army of Two

FPS : Renegade 2

It says these are the next project of EA. This news was posted in march 2007... this piece of news confirms the fact that Renegade 2 (and yes, that is the name of the project) is in progress. They were already right about 2 of the games, let's see what happens with the other 2.