Idea I had... I dunno

Viking

Maybe for a single player campaign you could make a new one where you play as some Nod, or Sakura?

I will come up with a kick-ass storyline! How about it? (NOT INITIAL RELEASE AS I WANT THIS MOD NOW but like second or third release?)

You know, from what I know about map making for unreal (2004 that is), making campaign maps would probably be much easier in Unreal than trying to make campaign maps in the original Renegade. Scripted events and sequences are quite easy to make (and from what I've seen of UT3, scripting is not going to be much harder, perhaps even easier).

Just putting that out there.

And if you do decide to do that, I totally support inventing a Nod campaign. The lack of a Nod campaign was the thing that bugged me most about Renegade's single player.

Originally posted by [NE

Fobby[GEN]]

The lack of a Nod campaign was the thing that bugged me most about Renegade's single player.

That bugged you the most? For me it was some of the other things. You know, crappy level designs near the end of the game, bad AI, 1-man Army, repeatability[/b]

Well maybe. But I meant as a whole, and when I think Renegade's single player, I think of those great early missions.

Though like I said, I meant Renegade's single player as whole. This was probably one of the only, if not the only, title that didn't let you choose sides.

• Totem Arts Staff
Originally posted by Mighty BOB!

The only real problem would be all the required voice clips for a campaign. Everything else I'm sure we're perfectly capable of.

That's the only problem? :roll:

I can point out a few:

-Lack of time

-Lack of members

-We'd rather improve multiplayer, and we'd be able to greatly improve multiplayer with that kind of time and effort.

There are no current plans to remake the Renegade single player campaign, GDI (Havoc) or the conceptualized Nod campaign, for the already prestated reasons: we'd rather get the game in a playable form first and concentrate on working on the internet multiplay.

However, if we do decide to change our mind in the future, be assured that we'd also inject alot more gameplay into it other than the 'run and gun' action seen in the original; Splinter Cell esque infiltration techniques, for example.

how about another team using your mods assets and making the single player campaign and then fusing it with your mod?[/b]
Unfortunately and unless authorised by the team directors, no mod' assets will released until we release the game in a playable and bug free form. If this policy is changed any single player work remains to be seen.

Will you put a optoion when hosting a server to allow transport helicopters to carry a vehicle under it? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif[/b]

We (or at least I) am working out something along these lines, yes, although I am unsure if it will make it into the final first release.

Originally posted by Anthrax

Will you put a optoion when hosting a server to allow transport helicopters to carry a vehicle under it? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

We (or at least I) am working out something along these lines, yes, although I am unsure if it will make it into the final first release. [/b]

I came.

I think you should take one step at a time. Missions would be interesting and of course, a Nod campaign would be awesome but I think getting a working version of the game and focusing on multi-player should be the main priority at the moment. I fully support the idea of missions, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's important at this moment in time and isn't really worth the staff thinking about it until a later stage, if they wanted.

However an unofficial topic on a possible Nod campaign story line would be cool I think. Will be interesting to hear ideas people have for a Nod single player. Just a thought. :roll:

Proudy.

Originally posted by R315r4z0r

What if the head of the mod...

Just so you aren't mistaken, we don't really have a single individual leader, anyone who wishes to take more of a leadership role is allowed to do so within the team, and all decisions are discussed and then agreed upon with all active/present members of the team.

Secondly, If we were to do this there would be no point in making a "separate" team to build the single player, we would just recruit people with the time and knowledge into our team with the task of designing single player missions and such.

Originally posted by Proudy

I think you should take one step at a time. Missions would be interesting and of course, a Nod campaign would be awesome but I think getting a working version of the game and focusing on multi-player should be the main priority at the moment. I fully support the idea of missions, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's important at this moment in time and isn't really worth the staff thinking about it until a later stage, if they wanted.

Exactly my thoughts