What is being remade?

Combine 108

I would say that the tutorial would be worthless remaking, but the SP campaign could be pretty fun, but ofcause the MP is what should be made first, and then when everything MP is done first then it is at all eve realistic, making the SP, but MP should be the absolute top priority

Some sort of gameplay tutorial could be quite useful, the concept of C&C mode doesn't exist in most UT players minds, as they play UT, not Ren. A better version of the "Multiplay Practice" thing, or just a movie of examples of gameplay, with explantions etc.

I actually never thought of the idea of having a tutorial since it can take a game or two before some people catch on to the basics. And then quite a few more before they get everything that could be explained in a quick 5 min video. I think we (or I) could manage a little tutorial video, kind of like the one for titan mode of BF2142.

• Totem Arts Staff

I think a built-in video tutorial would be good enough, just to show what C&C mode is.

To answer the question, our plan is to remake multi-player in a better form... but if we have time I don't mind doing one or two levels either. A few of Renegade's missions (namely the first 5) were great, and the only thing they lacked were good AIs. UT3 will have great, challenging AIs, since it will have a formal single player as well.

• Totem Arts Staff

That's understandable, but I was more into the first few missions, because it seemed like they spent more time putting them together. There were a lot of custom animations and scripts in the first few missions, as well as AI team mates that helped you out, dropped off tanks, etc. The thing I didn't like about the other missions was that Havoc turned into a 1-man army, and you just endlessly killed hundreds of people per mission.

But I do love the mission where you are with the Dead6 in that city (night and day time levels). That was an awesome level.

Ok, thanks

just noticed ur signature, Fobby, nice smile.gif

oh, just thought of an idea, might not be a good one, but... what if there could be multiplayer games on singleplayer levels? like one side is the assaulting team, and the other side is the defending

• Totem Arts Staff

There were a lot of different mods like that in Renegade, where you'd play single player missions.

Well an idea we had planned for Renegade 2007, is after we're finished perfecting C&C mode, we'll do some "campaign maps". Basically a map with objectives other than destroying the other team. For those who play UT, it'd be similar to the Assault mode.

For example, GDI would have to defend a prototype vehicle while Nod would need to destroy it, etc.

But of course the job at hand firstly is to finish up C&C mode.