Website

Striker21

Hey guys, I'm new here and I want to say that the mod looks kick ass so far.

Anyway, it's been a month since you posted about a new website. I got bored and needed to brush up on my Flash ActionScripting so I designed a quick site for the mod until the one you've been working on is complete. It's a little flash site I whipped together (I "actually" spent more than 5 hours on it to get everything remotely perfect) It's 2 files so it'll be a quick upload.

It has News, About, Team, Download, and Forum links. I tried to keep the Renegade menu in mind as I made it, that means I put in the sound effects background music (which I had to record and edit myself...), and tried to mimic the feel of the buttons (I even found the same font used in the original menu). Anyway, here's a screenshot if you're interested. If not, no big deal, it was a nice project to take up my time anyway.

http://i.turboimagehost.com/p/324504/Website.PNG.html

Tell me what you think

I have created things linked to PHP multiple times (My latest was a page that text-messaged cell phones). I have to admit that I'm shaky when it comes to XML, but I can overcome that if I need to.

If you want a photo gallery, I can do that easily without any PHP linking. All you'd have to do is upload your images to a folder and name them sequentially (Pic1, Pic2, Pic3, etc...) I can handle the rest.

As for a news feed, I could create a simple text marque and have it load from a .txt or .html or .PHP file, so whenever you need to make a new headline, just edit the .txt/.html/.PHP

EDIT: By news feed do you mean like a CSS News feed?

I like it.... by news feed we are doing it via RSS from the news forum...i have it installed on the forums right now.

all you have to do is have it display the RSS feed with the content displayed (it will only show the 1st post)

I may be contacting you shortly!

Ok, I've created the RSS reader, however, I noticed that the formatting you use creates large gaps between new lines. I've run it through other RSS sites and they all show up correctly, yours does not. Either my reader hates your site or you use an odd format.

I think this may be the problem (This is a shot in the dark)

Instead of this:

you'll notice thumbnails in the news section and while the other images aren't clickable, we are working on that now.

So if you really need to see the hi-res image, right click and view image will show the hi-res version.

Try this:

you'll notice thumbnails in the news section and while the other images aren't clickable, we are working on that now.

So if you really need to see the hi-res image, right click and view image will show the hi-res version.

Notice that I don't create a new line every time I put "

"

I suggest you fiddle around with it and see how it appears on my test reader, which can be found here: http://striker21.freehostia.com/rss.html

Also, in case you wanna check out the site I created for you, go here: http://striker21.freehostia.com/

********* EDIT *************

After reviewing the code on your RSS page, I can safely say that the reason stated above (or something close to it) is in fact the reason why it shows up oddly.