Next C&C Game is Generals 2

Jeroenganges

Bioware is a good studio, they made mass effect so i think that it will have a decent if not great story. I hope they don't mess up the game play though.

I am not sure how I feel about it being futuristic. I really liked how the origional generals was set in the current time not in some alternate reality in the future. on the other hand I kind of like slightly futuristic games.

• Former Developers

Saw this coming, so not really surprised. For some reason I even saw frostbite 2 coming after DICE first said its for BF3 exclusively, and then we saw NFS: The Run used it, so I really wasn't surprised by that. Though what did surprise me was that, that is exactly what happened. Meaning that it is something that I probably would have done to show the C&C fans "look we're trying to make this bigger and better and using the best of what is available and trying to put a lot of effort into it" Especially with the release date set for 2013. This probably has a 4 year production cycle which is almost double what EA did with previous games.

Even though the studio is just called BioWare, doesn't mean at all that it is BioWare, because what defines the real BioWare are the people who work there and not so much the name of the company. With that said, I do have some faith in this game, as Generals is something EA created, and is some what fitting and playing safe with starting a reboot, even though this isn't really a reboot, but more of a new team working on a sequel to generals that has no real risks involved with screwing up C&C. Though the only problem is that those who didn't like Generals and don't concider it to be a C&C game are the ones whom will not be happy just because it may seem like they might abandon the Tiberium/RA verses. I am sorta one of them who didn't care much about generals, but I don't mind that they are not starting with either existing verses just because I'd much rather see what they can do with generals before I'd let them touch the holy verses that is C&C.

Though with that said, I am actually looking forward to it, I would prefer if they did a compromise by keeping the side bar in place instead of the bottom bar and loosing the dozers, but you can already see them in the SS/video building away. Guess we'll find out more info next year.

• Totem Arts Staff

Maybe this time we'll have the features that were meant to be in C&C Gens from the start... building whose windows exploded and collapsed a lot more realistically etc. I'm afraid though that after this game (with longer development time) they'll go straight back to shorter development times.

It happened with previous C&C's, it happens with CoD, it happens with nearly everything: build one game of decent quality, build hype and name for it and then churn out shitty sequels that will sell based on your brandname. I bet I have just uncovered rule 59 of 'making money 101'.

As far as I know they hired a bunch of new people, plopped them into Bioware and now say that "Bioware" is developing the game. It means nothing really, what I see all over the net is "Oh it's a Bioware game meaning more choices / RPG etc." What? no. That's not how CEOs think lol, that's how we (like to) think, they want our money and they know you like Bioware.