C&C 3 , who's got it?

Titan1x77

just played thru the 1st 2 act's and im on the 3rd with GDI, Im going to start the nod campaign and then head into some MP games.

I picked mine up at circuit city for 40$

Who else has it and what do you think of it so far?

Im willing to play a few games online, although Im not too good at RTS's, Im alot better at FPS's.

I just got it Yesterday have played the 3 first GDI campiagn, but can't get online due to some patching problems. it says the patch and patchprogram is incompatible.

I had the demo too however and both demo and the game seems really good, EA have done a great job this time I think

• Former Developers

I got it a few days ago, and just finished the campaign a few hours ago tongue.gif haha... explains my reasons of not being online. But forsome reason, I am having issues connecting online. Not working for some reason. :? Anyone else having this problem?

I think I can get you the kane edition maps, but it may be a little tricky. As for the skins, they are in the main.big file and look ugly anyway. (I dont use them but they seem to pop up on the odd unit.) I can also try to rip the DVD to get the videos off. The blooper reel is halarius.

Originally posted by Havoc89

I got it a few days ago, and just finished the campaign a few hours ago tongue.gif haha... explains my reasons of not being online. But forsome reason, I am having issues connecting online. Not working for some reason. :? Anyone else having this problem?

I had some problems but I don't know if it the same as you, so try and explain at what point the problem is and what C&C3 tells you (if it tells anything tongue.gif)

• Former Developers

I am pleased. My only concern is that it is too much like TD and almost nothing like TS. Its almost as if TS never existed... tongue.gif Still pretty good tho. Online games are quite fast, my fasted match was under 7 miniutes, and I've only played 4 games online so far...

Originally posted by Havoc89

I am pleased. My only concern is that it is too much like TD and almost nothing like TS. Its almost as if TS never existed... tongue.gif Still pretty good tho. Online games are quite fast, my fasted match was under 7 miniutes, and I've only played 4 games online so far...

yeah there is No sign of TS except from walkers being mentioned several times, even the MMK2 is mentioned by name if you play through campaign, among a lot other things that connect it to TS, the story is very well thought connecting it good to both the Other C&C RTS games and even Renegade in a way that it still seems natural

Yea, I have the Kane Edition, and the game is a whole lot better than I expected... And I had a pretty high expectation for it too!

What is good about this game, that I thought was cool, is the Intel database. It tells you things ranging from descriptions of units, to eye witness accounts on some missions, to evolution of technology. It is what makes all the Tiberium games connect, because it relates back to them! tongue.gif

did you guys see the scrolling billboard that had the renegade dead 6 characters?

I'd love to see the blooper reel, im almost positive you should be able to get the MP maps somewhere??

About the skins, i dont really need em.

I enjoy the game, well worth the C&C name unlike generals.

You dont need to bring it down right away, make aan extra harvester or two and then build up lots of vehicles and infantry (you will need both) leave enough at your base to defend and destroy all the nod forces in the city before rescuing the MCV.

• 4 weeks later...

got my coppy some days ago , and finaly i can get my hands on the World Builder :twisted:

Here is some pics of my new map called Corrupted Oasis

originally based on my RA2 YR map Last Oasis i made a while back...

picture162.jpg

picture163.jpg

picture164.jpg

picture165.jpg

picture166.jpg

picture167.jpg

picture168.jpg

picture169.jpg

picture170.jpg

picture171.jpg

picture172.jpg

picture173.jpg

picture174.jpg

picture175.jpg

picture177.jpg

picture178.jpg

picture179.jpg

on 2 last pics 45 venoms got shot by a single rocket , yes all at once sad.gif

OMG spam !!! and if the camera may seem higher then original , its because it is !

in World Builder you can change the way camera acts when you play the map :twisted:

original height was 300 , i changed it to 480

maybe soon i will post a link for download.

any comments ?

and yes Titan now we can play some when , or even test the map if you like wink.gif

some thing you might noticed is LOTS of tiberium , well its because i changed the spread radius from 200 to 2000 :shock: so now basicly it grows every where almost without any limits like it did in TS biggrin.gif

also if you think that there are too many Tib sources dont be fooled , i increased the tiberium spawn rate from 20 sek. to 30 sek. to keep it more interesting :roll:

• 4 weeks later...

I like it, a lot.

SoD.X and another friend 'o mine got it for me birthday (Poor bastard. Nah, actually, I'm saving up for a Guitar)

and I really like the mp, but I could use me some more memory, since it lags a bit after a few minutes of playing >_>

Originally posted by Titan1x77

I gave up on it until 1.05 patch comes out...which I hope is out soon!

Yeah, the tank spamming can make the game frustrating and boring. I just hope that instead of making the game another BF2-like failure, it instead fixes the problems it is intended to fix...

Scorp spamming will prob still be done, but atleast it will be somewhat stoppable now.....thats until they get the laser upgrade which isn't nurfed :/

Flame tanks should be better now though, they were only good for clearing buildings before...I'll be spamming those..haha

I hope so bob!, but more then likely, it won't.