C&C 3

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

What did you think of the C&C 3 Demo?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What did you think of the C&C 3 Demo?

• Everything I hoped for
    • It's Satisfying
    • They didn't pull it off properly
    • EA killed the Tiberian series

• Totem Arts Staff

After EA gave out the C&C3 demo, a lot of hopes were restored about the C&C series. There was a lot of hope that EA would do this right, and most people would agree that they did. However, there are some that say that this demo did not deliver the same goods Westwood did back in the day.

What do you think of the C&C 3 demo?

Originally posted by R315r4z0r

It is more than satisfying, but they still need the walls.

I can only agree but as it is not all I hoped I had to do with the satisfying option.

and the walls is the biggest loss to the game, well at least it is in some of the missions, that is better than no walls at all.

@Anthrax: what do you mean by what they have done with the tib. and more of the advanced techs seen in TS?

Tiberium Pre C&C3: Organic mineral sponge, powerful mutagen creating a variety of crazy fauna and flora.

C&C3 Tiberium Wars Tiberium: Cancer emerald, completely mineral, no mainstream mutation.

From an outside gamedesign view (not an ingame 'canon' view), it's like they just wrote off most of the technology in Tiberian Sun because they want TW to be more like a TD throwback than a true successor to Tiberian Sun.

(Technology wise.)

The world is being infested with tiberium and GDI is desperate. Hey guys, lets spend what little money we have on making huge a$$ walkers that fall over when they try to walk up a hill!

See what I mean, if their low on funds they're not going to be producing expensive and hi-tech stuff.

The world is being infested with tiberium and GDI is desperate. Hey guys, lets spend what little money we have on making huge a$$ walkers that fall over when they try to walk up a hill!

See what I mean, if their low on funds they're not going to be producing expensive and hi-tech stuff.[/b]

That's an ingame canon view/explanation.

I can understand the down scaling on the mechanized walkers for treaded vehicles and other things such as that, but we still should see some more elements of TS technology in TW units, like how they reused the Rail Guns for the Mammoth Mark 3/27.
Scrapping full body suits for generic infantry are a joke though, and they can't use the whole 'downgrading for cost' excuse because that's like giving our troops in Iraq chainmail armour instead of ceramic plates because it's 'cheaper'.

Suicide.

By generally looking at TW's art theme, it's just pointing to that EA's designers are focusing on a TD'ish' throwback (you know, aside from the whole Scrin thing! wink.gif). Granted, it's a futuristic, teched up TD'ish' throwback, but a general throwback none the less.