A Sign of Things to Come

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

index_02.gif <- Original index_02.gif of the Main Page

></pre>
<table width="1025" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="height:768px;">
            [img=images/index_01.gif]

[img=images/index_02.gif]</t

lie.PNG <- No its not my Date.

Germany isnt 5 days ahead!

Woah guys this all looks amazing. I'm really excited even though there is so little information. And the Logo looks really kickass. I'm a bit of a Photoshoper myself and know how much work something like this is. I'm not commenting on the riddle as i don't have any idea. I just wait and wish :)

Hooray for Ren-X !!!

Just confirmed it in my own browser. Same date. I doubted it at first because of the way you edited the photo, MacKinsey, but now I see it. How do you even SEE that sort of thing just by looking at the page?

Nonetheless intriguing.

The logo is still... I don't know how to express it properly without the use of a certain swear word, but suffice to say it's pretty cool. Thanks for the Hi-Res renders!

QUOTE (kenz3001 @ May 10 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
will it be ok to use the high res logos in some images im working on ? like back grounds and maybe a new sig[/b]

go nuts, just remember to give us some credit :)

can anyone make some sense of this for me? This is what I know:

UDK=stand alone

It doesn't need UT3 anymore to play.

So that is everything what I know. Now the questions:

-So the only link with UT3 is the same engine?

-It will get its own (ingame) menu?

-Will it still be free (I guess so)?

-Will there be stuff like serial codes?

-What other advantages are there? I can't really see it. I can only guess there will be less conflict issues for having another game you based yours on.

-I saw someone saying more people would play it with UDK. why?

-I saw some stuff about single player. I know some things where said about it, but is it really going to feature in Renegade-X? (would be nice)

greetings,

Ban4life

When Renegade X converts to using the UDK, it will become it's own game. It will no longer be a mod of Unreal Tournament III.

When standalone Renegade X releases, it will be it's own full-fledged indy game. You wont need to pay money, you wont need Unreal Tournament III. You just need a way to download the game and play it. No requirements (other than system requirements) are necessary.

More people will play it because not only will there be a lot of stuff in it that makes it much more like Renegade than the previous build was, but because people will not have to go out and buy Unreal Tournament III in order to play Renegade X. They can just go online, download the game for free, and jump right in.

The bottom line is Renegade X with the UDK is its own game, totally unrelated to Unreal Tournament III in every way except for the fact that it uses the same game engine.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (cubera @ May 14 2010, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MOAR teasers please :P

You should update the forums banner with the new logo[/b]

better just to update the whole forum ... i think that will happen on the 15 ? dont you ? somthing special about that date as im lead to beleve

QUOTE (Kilroy @ May 15 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you never awaited a release date for any video game before?[/b]

So what if we are wrong and it ISN'T a release date for anyting? Anybody dared consider that you are waiting for something that isn't comming today? The team never mentioned anything about that date, we just guessed.