Will bring you a dangerous happiness in a new place

A new adventure, only if you can keep up the pace

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get the poem, but the picture made me wonder:

Why does nod have a barracks?

Is the cargoplane shot down by that A10?

Are we going to be able to use an A10?!?!? (oooooh yeah!)

or are you going to have an A10 strike as a secondary substitute for the ion cannon strike?

Why the hell is it a teaser and not an explainer!?!?!?!?!?

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

It's defenitely something for the UDK version since the image's name is rxudkteaser.jpg.

The cargo plane most likely got shot by the other plane (not sure what plane that is) because one engine is burning:

Maybe also a dynamic weather system?

• Totem Arts Staff

my translation :unsure:

The first is as crepuscular as liquorish candy = ok this if refering to a twilight, dawn and dusk, day to night,

Dim as the night sky of space = well in space there is no night sky unless you was looking down at a planet so space station/ship

Dark like the ants crawling on earth's face = hmmm looking from a birds eye view ?

RTS mode with dynimic enviroment may be ?

The second is the beginning of all days = monday (well sunday if you wanna be technical), sun, sunrise, alarm

The start of all times = 00:00, big bang, sunrise

It is the end of all nights and circle of life = sun, sunrise

As darkness meets its sunrise = a glimer of hope ? renforsments ?

new effects, dynimic enviroment.

And together this phrase

Will bring you a dangerous happiness in a new place = (the big move) UDK

A new adventure, only if you can keep up the pace = SP mode ?

as jamnub pointed out rxudkteaser.jpg so it must be the UDK

but all that i said up there WTF ? i know it makes no sence but hay nore dose the Poem

btw jam the small aircraft looks to be a warthog

a-10-warthog-2a.jpg

I saw that pic and almost died! I thought this was the release :angry: . than i saw the cryptic writing scrawled underneath :huh: and my thoughts changed to "AAWWWW!, Their trying to make ys crave the game MORE!!! :lol: "

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Demigan @ May 4 2010, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wartog, A10, it's the same one.[/b]

ok ok, its more commonly known as the warthog but if ya wonna get technical its an A-10 Thunderbolt II :o but what the hell is it doing shooting down an aircraft ? its a ground attack aircraft (a low flying bomber)

It isn't a bomber, it's one of the last ground assault aircraft. It misses any advanced bombing equipment. All it has is this MASSIVE gatlling cannon, a relative great deal of tiny missles and some big ones for ground targets. And a few air to air missles for self defence. Although like Mighty BOB! said, a C130 is such a massive and relatively slow aircraft, that even air to ground missles shouldn't have trouble hitting it.

A10 wiki

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

Things that pop into my mind (relative to what is said or not):

-Cargo plane animation

-Aircraft / dogfights

-Cooperative missions

-Dynamic day/night changing.

-New weather effects (the plants are wet from rain)

-New map with possibly extra elements (A-10 control? Extra vehicles?)

-Airstrike beacon

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ May 6 2010, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, so you guys prefer no news over teasers? We'll keep that in mind next time. Cancel the big trailer coming up, team! :lol:[/b]

no no no we wont the trailer :D alex shhh, dont make the big mean men angry :unsure:

i take it there will not be a patch for 0.5, you will be skipping to the udk ?

sorry for asking this here, but, i must know, do all the maps the devs made for the "mod" work in the udk or did thay need to be moded/remade ? i ask this as im just getting started on a new map, and dont wonna do too much just in case i need to redo it all in the new editor (if there will be one .. i hope there will be :D ) as all the meshes i have been using are from UT3.

• Totem Arts Staff

I believe the current maps can be ported into the UDK without much of a problem. I am sure a few things need to be re-set up, though. Also, more information on the patch for 0.5 is coming soon, but the picture in this thread particularly does not pertain to the patch.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ May 6 2010, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe the current maps can be ported into the UDK without much of a problem. I am sure a few things need to be re-set up, though. Also, more information on the patch for 0.5 is coming soon, but the picture in this thread particularly does not pertain to the patch.[/b]

good stuff, thanx fobby :D

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 6 2010, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's more than "a bit." Any meshes or textures from UT3 will have to be replaced because the majority of them don't even exist in the UDK. So yeah, there will be a significant amount of rework that has to be done when you open a UT3 map in the UDK editor.[/b]

wtf ... fobby you got my hopes up and mightybob you crushed them ... i had the UDK but uninstalled it ... will look in to porting meteor over to the UDK soon see if i can load the ut3 meshes and textures in ... hmmm more work lol

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Qbert @ May 6 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible to port the textures to the UDK version? :huh:

if the map is already made w would have to remake it fr the UDK version?[/b]

ive tryed loading, importing and alls i get is the terrain and some meshes and textures ... just about to try copying everything from the ut3 editor in to the udk see if that works ...

EDIT: ok that did now work .... next ... copy all the assets from ut3 in to the udk :blink: see if that work

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 6 2010, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's more than "a bit." Any meshes or textures from UT3 will have to be replaced because the majority of them don't even exist in the UDK. So yeah, there will be a significant amount of rework that has to be done when you open a UT3 map in the UDK editor.[/b]

Yeah, I overlooked this detail. I don't know if it is that the majority of meshes don't exist, but that the UDK only contains meshes from the UT3 demo, which is still quite a bit, but the missing content would need replacement. However, they've been adding more and more content to each UDK build. The latest one has some great rock and foliage meshse.

Yes but that doesn't matter if the file names on the new meshes is not identical to those in UT3. They'll still have to replace the meshes that don't make the transition, although they will have more selection than with earlier UDK builds.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 6 2010, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes but that doesn't matter if the file names on the new meshes is not identical to those in UT3. They'll still have to replace the meshes that don't make the transition, although they will have more selection than with earlier UDK builds.[/b]

hmmm i found a way :P nice :D
ut3assetsinudk.th.jpg

link to how i done it

• Former Developers

I wouldnt say that he is a genious. Any ut3 package will work in the udk, since the format is literally the same just with a different name. The problem lies in that not being allowed.

Epic has only granted indie games that are free to be able use what is present in the udk (because that is also free), and nothing else from ut3 in their games. Why do you think we havnt ported the mod over so quickly? If we were allowed to do that, we could have had RenX UDK in a matter of hours.

Think about it, we would end up using content from a comercial game in our free game, which would be highly distasteful. The one really important point is that Epic has already granted people making free indies to be able use a chunk of the content avaliable in their commercial game, without any draw backs.

Doing such a thing would be a stupid move on our behalf because it would mean us getting sued. It is pretty much exactly like stealing other people's work. And I dont want to see custom maps being built that way.

Anyways, all that aside, back to topic. A lot of good guesses, some are very close to the truth, but no one has really solved the riddle. Come on people, I know you can do it, it isnt that difficult.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ May 4 2010, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sentences contain these, for they are what they require
And the phrase you are about to acquire
Will incorporate 2 of these:[/b]

A verb? Noun? Period?

Does it have something to do with a new game mode?

I will first be frank and handy:
The first is as crepuscular as liquorish candy
Dim as the night sky of space
Dark like the ants crawling on earth's face[/b]

Does this mean Nod? Redish-back?

QUOTE (cubera @ May 7 2010, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well this surely is a teaser :P

Me and my scientists will go to work on deciphering the code.[/b]

After analyzing my results, I have come up with a date. Midnight of June 1st. It will be a midnight release b/c you guys haven't provided a time in your earlier releases and this is a change you need. You mention crepuscular because that is what we will all be. Up at midnight hunting prey :) . Next you say that "THE SECOND IS THE BEGINING OF ALL DAYS" why did you excessivly use two/2 in this forum post? Is it because before Midnight of the first, we are in chaos and on the "second" of june we will be shown the game. Take what you will from this post. This is the best I could come up with.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ May 7 2010, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A verb? Noun? Period?

Does it have something to do with a new game mode? [/b]

Think more simple. What do all sentences need?

Does this mean Nod? Redish-back?[/b]

Is liquourish, the night sky and ants (maybe some of them), reddish?

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ May 7 2010, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think more simple. What do all sentences need?[/b]

CAPITAL LETTERS, Full stops. correct spelling, correct grammer, "punctuation", a begining middle and end? ... Story mode ?

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ May 7 2010, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is liquourish, the night sky and ants (maybe some of them), reddish?[/b]

i would say black,
frank and handy ? i dont know any frank in renegade but handy and black ... black hand ?, Stealth Soldiers , no no wait hes in already in game ... hmmmmm "black hand chem-trooper" ? no mention of chemicals !!!! hmmmm was leaning to a character maybe Mendoza or General Gideon Raveshaw ?

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (kenz3001 @ May 7 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CAPITAL LETTERS, Full stops. correct spelling, correct grammer, "punctuation", a begining middle and end? ... Story mode ?[/b]

Think WAY more simple than that. As soon as you understand this, the rest of it should be very simple.

frank and handy ? i dont know any frank in renegade but handy and black ... black hand ?, Stealth Soldiers , no no wait hes in already in game ... hmmmmm "black hand chem-trooper" ? no mention of chemicals !!!! hmmmm was leaning to a character maybe Mendoza or General Gideon Raveshaw ?[/b]

Again, thinking too specifically. I will first be frank and handy is just the narrator (me) saying I will be honest and helpful :)

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (EternalEquinox @ May 7 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kinda coming out of nowhere to say this, but.... words, perhaps? No idea what it means, I'm just educatedly guessing.[/b]

lol was just thinking the same ... may be new voice overs ? new name ? "Will incorporate 2 of these" (renegade 2) naaaa the devs said it was a remake not a sequel ... (2 word) out now ? just wait ? kick ass ? ... well im just rambling now ... i got no clue

QUOTE (kenz3001 @ May 7 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol was just thinking the same ... may be new voice overs ? new name ? "Will incorporate 2 of these" (renegade 2) naaaa the devs said it was a remake not a sequel ... (2 word) out now ? just wait ? kick ass ? ... well im just rambling now ... i got no clue[/b]

I assume each of the paragraphs (stanzas, whatever) describe a word each. Just putting that out there, I may not be right.

EDIT:

Okay, I'll give a whack at the whole thing before someone comes and says my first assumption is incorrect.

1st: My guesses are black, darkness, dark...and... uhhh... pockmarked?

2nd: My guesses are dawn, light, and maybe explosions. Just kidding about that last one.

POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS:
black dawn
black light
black explosions (no)
darkness dawn
darkness light
darkness explosions (also no)
pockmarked dawn
pockmarked light
pockmarked explosions (definitely no)

Welp, that's all I can come up with.

• Totem Arts Staff

hmmm my thoughts exatly but i carnt get Black OP's out my head, i know OP's has nothing to do with the sunset part of the riddle

"Will incorporate 2 of these" i think this is not refering to 2 words but 2 of what ever the riddle is on about. hmmm im just confusing myself

i like the way the devs say its easy ... as thay know what it means as thay have been woking on it

:wacko: my brain its melting thinking about this but i bet its somthing simple like black fafunkaton

"sorry this perosns brain has just exploded, please jump up and down singing the welsh natinal anthum wearing a tutu and then leave the awnser under the door-mat and ring the doorbell 10 time after the beep ..................................................... boop"