Mod DB site is up!

Titan1x77

• 3 months later...

Hi Titan

Long time since we last chatted. Most interested in the new mod. We just had a LAN Party and Renegade was one of the games we played. Your Tib_Pit3 was my personal favorite followed by Caverns (Not yours as far as I know). So I decided to D/L some of your other maps and while I have most of them I dont have all of them. I could not D/L "Islands_KOTH" as it tries to give me "Last_Stand" instead.

We are planning another LAN Party sometime in the early fall so if you need a group of people to test out an Alpha version we could do that - if UT2007 is out by then.

We have some pretty savvy players coming and I keep trying to pick maps that discourage early rushes to take out buildings. I also personally like flying maps.

Thanks for that tip! Does anyone have any idea if Renegade2007 will be ready by then?

Question: We will need maps for the mod, is there a reasonably efficient way to convert existing Renegade maps to Ren2007? If not we will need to see about developing maps for the mod. ALthough I have played Renegade for a long time I have never made any maps. Is there any way for non-mappers (to date) to learn mapping skills that will apply to the new mod? Would there be a special toolbox of items that one could assemble for Renegade for mapmaking which I assume would need to be combined with the standard UT2007 (Or is it UT3?) mapmaking system?

I know these are noob questions but I am sure that others will be most interested in putting together maps for the new mod and we will need some sort of guidance.

The fastest way I've found is to edit the Renegade maps in Gmax or similar, extract the terrain mesh by mesh, and bend a peice of BSP based terrain around the re-assembled meshes. Time consuming, but yields higher poly maps than Ren (not suprising) which does lead to a loss of those weird semi-vertical drops (look at the side of the ramps going up to the tunnel on Field, in the field to see what I mean)

I don't get why people think that this mod will just be like modifying renegade.

There will not need to be a mixed toolset, you make the maps exactly the same as you make maps for unreal tournament. If you want to know how to make maps for our mod, learn how to make maps for unreal tournament, not renegade.

Originally posted by Wizard17

Hi Titan

Long time since we last chatted. Most interested in the new mod. We just had a LAN Party and Renegade was one of the games we played. Your Tib_Pit3 was my personal favorite followed by Caverns (Not yours as far as I know). So I decided to D/L some of your other maps and while I have most of them I dont have all of them. I could not D/L "Islands_KOTH" as it tries to give me "Last_Stand" instead.

We are planning another LAN Party sometime in the early fall so if you need a group of people to test out an Alpha version we could do that - if UT2007 is out by then.

We have some pretty savvy players coming and I keep trying to pick maps that discourage early rushes to take out buildings. I also personally like flying maps.

I'll have to fix that problem with islands_koth d-load...most likely ouir mod wont be internally tested until winter of 07/08....seeing the game wont be set to released until fall/winter

JeepRubi

I asked the question because I suspected that there would be a need to add the Renegade buildings - that your team would be creating - into the maps for UT3. Hopefully we can play around with the maps a bit and put the buildings in later when they are done.

As you guys are already working on this mod I suspect that there is some sort of mapping program available from the UT3 team for mods. How do we obtain it?

The only real editor we can use currently ships with a game called RoboBlitz. And since that game was released a few months ago, the editor is and older version that still has bugs in it and is missing features. We're really waiting on the release of UT3 so we can get the better editor that's been updated.

Hi there guys,

nice things, this mod smile.gif I never thought about "porting" CnC Renegade to UT3(UEngine3). If you guys will need mappers after UT3 is released, then I would love to apply. I worked with the UT2004 UED allready.

Originally posted by Maxunit

Hi there guys,

nice things, this mod smile.gif I never thought about "porting" CnC Renegade to UT3(UEngine3). If you guys will need mappers after UT3 is released, then I would love to apply. I worked with the UT2004 UED allready.

register on the forums and I'll PM you when the time comes, hang around!