How much of the game does Black Dawn cover?

Renegade

First off I want to congratulate you guys on accomplishing such a remarkable feat. I've played Renegade since it came out, so I've definitely heard of this from time to time but I never believed that this mod would actually be completed.

It's freaking awesome, and it brings back lots of memories, but I'm just wondering how much of the original game's campaign that Black Dawn covers. I want it to be the whole campaign of course (keep dreaming, yeah), but you guys said it's a short 1-2 hour game so I'm sad.

Still, waiting for multiplayer, it's gonna be killer. :cool:

I haven't played the game yet, but watched a couple of videos. The game is short as you have said. But there is one thing we need to take into account: This is a fanmade game and it was developed by a small crew. For a longer gameplay, they will probably have to work for quite a longer time.

Renegade X's goal is to recreate Renegade's multiplayer mode, not single player campaign. The campaign seen in Black Dawn is not a recreation of anything from the campaign in the original Renegade. Everything in Black Dawn was completely original and thought up by the dev team.

The next Renegade X release is gonna be a multiplayer game. Black Dawn was just a stepping stone.

ah come on, don't spoil the answer like that! it just makes it less fun :P

anyways, both campaigns do have som similarities. rescue sydney and mobius, kill everyone on your path, the vehicles, escaping the nuke, stuff like that.

i honestly think there will be a remake of the original campaign. but it won't be made by the totem arts crew. i would have done it if i knew a bit more about programming and had my own laptop... :)

• 4 weeks later...