Renegade X - July Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

If your tank gets pushed over can you get out and push it back upright?

I liek the new health boxes. :3 How about for health the box is more filled in?

How can I explain what I am thinking of, let me make a picture!

Enemies should have a thicker red outline then the green friendly outline.

outline.jpg

The advantages of this are that you can quickly identify their health and side! :D

Dunno if it was said, I will go re-read this thread, but is the repair guns "auto aim" going to be kept? I like it would be especially good for healing infantry!

Wow and wow again! That was AWESOME. I liked the pictures and loved the video. From the hint at the end of the video it looks like the battle will begin in 2009 - and I hopefully take that to mean that you are confidant that we will see the game released by the end of the year! It looks like it is ALMOST finished now! (Wipes drool off keyboard)

Well my UT3 is loaded and waiting....

Keep up the good work guys and I was sorry to miss the last Renegade party as when I came in an hour and a half late I found it was all over - or at least I could not join using my Renegade Resurrection loader.

WIz

QUOTE (Wizard17 @ Aug 5 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the hint at the end of the video it looks like the battle will begin in 2009 - and I hopefully take that to mean that you are confidant that we will see the game released by the end of the year! It looks like it is ALMOST finished now! (Wipes drool off keyboard)[/b]

renxmiss1.th.jpg renxmiss2.th.jpg renxmiss3.th.jpg renxmiss4.th.jpg

*whistles innocently* :P

Seriously though, excellent progress yet again. You guys are definitely dedicated, and I believe there's a good chance that you guys might release your first public beta before Tiberian Technologies is finished for regular Renegade.

QUOTE (Combine 108 @ Jul 31 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gotta say, the third person character movement is a bit jerky..a bit like TF2, imo.[/b]

We've already said before that we haven't done any character animations yet. We're still using Unreal's animations which looks really unnatural with our character models. We'll get to character animations eventually but we have more important things to do right now. ;)

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (havoc9826 @ Aug 6 2009, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
renxmiss1.th.jpg renxmiss2.th.jpg renxmiss3.th.jpg renxmiss4.th.jpg

*whistles innocently* :P

Seriously though, excellent progress yet again. You guys are definitely dedicated, and I believe there's a good chance that you guys might release your first public beta before Tiberian Technologies is finished for regular Renegade.[/b]

Well when we were named Renegade 2007 it did not mean we were going to release at that time. As you know, UT3 used to be called UT 2007, so we wanted to hybrid Renegade with UT 2007 and got Renegade 2007. UT3 ended up coming at the very end of 2007, so a release at that time would literally be impossible.

As for 2008, I don't know. We didn't discuss any release dates internally during 2008. "Oops"?

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Aug 6 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well when we were named Renegade 2007 it did not mean we were going to release at that time. As you know, UT3 used to be called UT 2007, so we wanted to hybrid Renegade with UT 2007 and got Renegade 2007. UT3 ended up coming at the very end of 2007, so a release at that time would literally be impossible.

As for 2008, I don't know. We didn't discuss any release dates internally during 2008. "Oops"?[/b]

Fobby got pwnt there :P

Great movie! Great work!

and the obvious: I CAN'T WAIT!

I would gladly pay good money for this mod. Surely a missed oppertunity for EA Games. I just hope you guys are going to release before I hit the retirement home. Would be terrible if it got the Duke Nukem Forever treatment. Not that I expect that with all the progress I see. Still my whole body is itching to play this.

QUOTE (BLaZor @ Aug 1 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know it doesn't kill enemies, my question was destroying buildings. Iirc, you could point your repair gun at the master terminal in any building, you could destroy it slowly. More repair guns, the quicker the building was destroyed.[/b]

You are wrong, the repair gun DOES NOT damage buildings in multiplayer matches.

Hey, I'm Just wondering a bit about the game play of it. Will The infantry wars in the tunnels be the same? Like is the damagae of certain weapons similiar to renegade? Also will there be the free aim button still. I seriously couldn't play with out it :P? (V)

• Totem Arts Staff
"boink" when killing someone. That was the shit, roll in a apc and run over like 2 people boink boink boink lol please put that in the game.[/b]

It will make a comeback.

with the new hud will there be a way to to lock it to a target like in the video where you playing the jumping game with the gdi wf in the background(say mousewheel button) and lock it to infantry?[/b]

Are you talking about the silhouette bounding-box when targeting an enemy? There won't be a silhouette when targeting a building anymore, so it's limited to infantry and vehicles.

Hey, I'm Just wondering a bit about the game play of it. Will The infantry wars in the tunnels be the same? Like is the damagae of certain weapons similiar to renegade? Also will there be the free aim button still. I seriously couldn't play with out it tongue.gif? (V)[/b]

It's not set up right now but I do think it will be.

• 4 weeks later...