Renegade X: Nod Update

Havoc89

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ May 26 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Their mod to the APC was based off of a real vehicle. They can't do the same thing for the flame tank because no such vehicle exists.[/b]

They can damn well try! :)

While it looks perfectly accurate with the renegade flamer. It does seem a bit underdetailed as others pointed out. I should think that some of the AA tanks would get fairly close to the overall look of the flame tank:
800px-Gepard_1a2_overview.jpg
Ofcourse, the tank in the image has a little too small a turret, but it would be a fine example.

Anyways, It's good enough as it is now, doesn't need changing. But if it is changed, no problems there!

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

*Wipes tears from eyes*

someday this mod will be out, and it will be the best thing to ever grace your hard di©sks

------------------------

on another note, the APC is cool, like the ones in G.R.A.W. will they turn like a wheeled vehicle or like a treaded vehicle?

We already included the Strip and Light Tank (and Stealth Tank and Artillery and Soldier and SBH) in previous updates so we're not including them again because they're not newly finished assets.

@UnitXc: If Havoc tries to make it turn like a wheeled vehicle I will stab him. It's okay for the Artillery because it is a slow, ranged, support vehicle, but the APC is a fast front-line unit and its maneuverability is very important. Changing that dynamic would be unacceptable because it is too much of a departure from Renegade where both APCs have the same maneuverability.

@Sonic: Thanks! ;)

Wheeled vehicles can turn the same way as tracked vehicles (from a stationary position) if they use fixed wheels and the ability to change torque and direction per wheel. (If the right set of wheels go forward, and the left go backward, then the vehicle would spin in place counterclockwise.)

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ May 26 2009, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheeled vehicles can turn the same way as tracked vehicles (from a stationary position) if they use fixed wheels and the ability to change torque and direction per wheel. (If the right set of wheels go forward, and the left go backward, then the vehicle would spin in place counterclockwise.)[/b]

May I see proof of this?

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ May 26 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheeled vehicles can turn the same way as tracked vehicles (from a stationary position) if they use fixed wheels and the ability to change torque and direction per wheel. (If the right set of wheels go forward, and the left go backward, then the vehicle would spin in place counterclockwise.)[/b]

Yes that's how the Nod APC did it in Renegade and they physics for this do work, but the Stryker is incapable of this.

But yeah. Knife, Havoc, Face, if he tries to change it.

QUOTE (Demigan @ May 26 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They can damn well try! :)

While it looks perfectly accurate with the renegade flamer. It does seem a bit underdetailed as others pointed out. I should think that some of the AA tanks would get fairly close to the overall look of the flame tank:
800px-Gepard_1a2_overview.jpg
Ofcourse, the tank in the image has a little too small a turret, but it would be a fine example.

Anyways, It's good enough as it is now, doesn't need changing. But if it is changed, no problems there!

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

Your AA has got headlights... that light the turret? like: Hey guys, I'm here, blinding myself and presenting a well lighted target?
They already have a good start, all I think of that has to be changed is the scary look. It looks scary, but not enough...

On the flamer topic. Great that it will have some flames in front of the guns (didnt see the tubes to it). It has more detail then I can remember. Still, though an eye candy, looking great and defenitely a flamer, it somehow doesnt impress me as the APC does. That is just a minor flaw in a flamer imho.
I cant wait to see this baby in action....

QUOTE (Ban4life @ May 27 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your AA has got headlights... that light the turret? like: Hey guys, I'm here, blinding myself and presenting a well lighted target?
They already have a good start, all I think of that has to be changed is the scary look. It looks scary, but not enough...

On the flamer topic. Great that it will have some flames in front of the guns (didnt see the tubes to it). It has more detail then I can remember. Still, though an eye candy, looking great and defenitely a flamer, it somehow doesnt impress me as the APC does. That is just a minor flaw in a flamer imho.
I cant wait to see this baby in action....[/b]

dude, are u blind or something!? those 'headlights' are mirrors. The headlights are at the insides of the trackfenders

Great work guys as always! Love the APC, but then I like to drive one a lot. Still love the Light Tank that you released a while back too! Hope to drive one soon!.

How is the coding going? Is the holdup now the final artwork or does game coding still need to be done?

Really itching ton play this mod and am concerned that new players may have a tough time finding UT3 as it seems to be vanishing from the store shelves...

I guess I am asking for a rough time frame for release. Months or....?

Wiz

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/r31...Tank_Render.jpg

That's a mirror? (Reflector) I don't think so. If it was a reflector, it wouldn't have a need to be inside of that nook that its in, hidden from any sort of light it could possibly reflect. A real reflector would be flush against the outer hull of the vehicle so it can easily pick up any light and reflect it for other people to see.

It's obviously a head light.

And there is nothing but smooth, bolted metal on and around the track fenders.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ May 29 2009, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/r31...Tank_Render.jpg
That's a mirror? (Reflector) I don't think so. If it was a reflector, it wouldn't have a need to be inside of that nook that its in, hidden from any sort of light it could possibly reflect. A real reflector would be flush against the outer hull of the vehicle so it can easily pick up any light and reflect it for other people to see.

It's obviously a head light.

And there is nothing but smooth, bolted metal on and around the track fenders.[/b]

Haha, they were talking about the picture of the AA tank I posted. That tank has some strange lights or, as they pointed out, rearview mirrors on the front sticking out.

I hadn't noticed that tube sticking out there, looks nice on it. A bit hypocrite of me to say it hasn't got much detail but not looking close enough to see it.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

QUOTE (Havoc89 @ May 23 2009, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We wanted to do a change and actually make a some what normal mod update, excpt without the grey untextured models. Well no I'm lieing, we just wanted to stack up art assets that are supposed to be in the first release.[/b]

So how close is "the first release" ?

QUOTE (SeanW @ Jun 2 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm guessing this is gonna be out around 2009 Christmas time =/ (or is this date gonna be like miles off?) :( [/b]

There is currently no release date set, as it is a work in progress. All we can offer is it will be released when its finished. But stay tuned for updates.

• Former Developers

Last time I will say this. :angry:

RENEGADE X WILL NOT HAVE SKINNING OR ANY OTHER CUSTOMIZATION CAPABILITIES!

Three reasons for why Renegade X will not have any skins. First reason is because of advantage/disadvantage skins. Lets face it chances are your renegade is probably altered some way or another from the original. This means no stupid sponge bob square fucking pants C4s that can be seen a mile away. No shiny stealth skin to get an advantage. No glowing firey projectiles. No bright coloured character skins to be able to see from far. Second reason is because the way Unreal Engine 3 works, you will find that there are no custom skins for any existing characters. The only way you can make an existing ut3 character look different is to make a new character. So yes, you cannot simply place a texture file or any other file with the same name and hope to make a skin. Lastly, we dont want Renegade X to look like crap.

QUOTE (Havoc89 @ Jun 9 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last time I will say this. :angry:

RENEGADE X WILL NOT HAVE SKINNING OR ANY OTHER CUSTOMIZATION CAPABILITIES!

Three reasons for why Renegade X will not have any skins. First reason is because of advantage/disadvantage skins. Lets face it chances are your renegade is probably altered some way or another from the original. This means no stupid sponge bob square fucking pants C4s that can be seen a mile away. No shiny stealth skin to get an advantage. No glowing firey projectiles. No bright coloured character skins to be able to see from far. Second reason is because the way Unreal Engine 3 works, you will find that there are no custom skins for any existing characters. The only way you can make an existing ut3 character look different is to make a new character. So yes, you cannot simply place a texture file or any other file with the same name and hope to make a skin. Lastly, we dont want Renegade X to look like crap.[/b]

Aw, so you won't even allow options in the normal character customization menu? So much for this, then:
sakuracustomization.th.jpg

(joke post, fyi.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Jul 5 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you talking about that top secret update you have been talking to us about in the top secret section of this forum? The one with all those videos and cool pictures of a topless Sakura.

:P[/b]

How did he know about our secret update?

SOMEONE'S LEAKING INFORMATION! *shuts down mod*

:P

• 1 month later...