Renegade X: Nod Update

Havoc89

• Former Developers

Renegade X: Nod Update!

The Brotherhood of Nod is a mystery. The origins of the organization and its charismatic leader is unknown. Its power is unprecedented. Its truth is unlimited. Nod as an organization appeared first in the mid 1990s, as the primary opposition to the Global Defense Initiative. The Brotherhood has a global presence, with a heavy concentration of its forces and influence covering the third world. They are pioneers in the refinement of Tiberium, and are always one step ahead in developing new technologies intended to take advantage of Tiberium growth worldwide.

Kane, the leader of the Brotherhood, is a mysterious figure. His origins, whereabouts, and any details about him whatsoever, remain unknown. Nod sees Kane as a savior proclaiming a new message of unity and freedom from the corrupt tyrants of the world. He propagates Tiberium as a gift to the earth, and its mutating effects on humans to be the next step in our evolution.

Nod does not come in peace. It comes ahead of peace - Kane.

Nod Supremacy

The official Renegade X Nod wallpaper is now avaliable.

RenX_Nod_preview.jpg

16:10 Resolutions

4:3 Resolutions

Renegade X has new Nod assets ready for fighting GDI!

Sakura!

A Japanese woman covered in tattoos with a quiet, brooding, intense personality, Sakura Obata was raised in the male-dominated environment of the Japanese mob, the Yakuza. Disenchanted, she decided to use her considerable talents as a mercenary, and was hired by GDI to work with the Project: Shadow Strike unit, later known as the Dead 6 alongside then-captain Nick Parker. During one assignment, she was separated from her team and ambushed by Nod troopers. Since she was never heard from again, she was assumed dead.

However, it turned out she joined Nod. She was hired by general Gideon Raveshaw as his personal mercenary. As a commando armed with a Ramjet Rifle, Sakura is one of the most valuable units in the game!

Sakura_Render.jpg

Nod Armoured Personnel Carrier

We had decided to take a new design for Nod's APC. Influence has been taken from the Stryker vehicle. Armed with an M134 gatling machine gun, and with enough room for five passengers, the APC plays a very necessary role in the game.

Nod_APC_Render.jpg

Nod Officer

The Nod Officer is the point man for Nod basic infantry on the field. He is both inexpensive and useful, as he uses a heavy chaingun to eliminate his enemies from close and far ranges alike. Watch out!

Nod_Officer_Render.jpg

Nod Flame Tank

A personal favourite for many. Flame Tanks are a signature Nod vehicle, armed with dual flame cannons to ensure maximum damage, and heavy armour to guarantee that it will make it to its target. Although close ranged, Flame Tanks are a fiery threat to enemy vehicles, infantry, and structures. Don't let these in your base, GDI!

FlameTank_Render.jpg

Firefly Laser Rifle

Nod's 'Firefly' Laser Rifle takes Brotherhood laser technology to ground level. Its instant beams not only maintain a good range, but are capable of tearing vehicles apart and incinerating enemy infantry. It is the primary weapon of the Stealth Blank Hand, creating a deadly mixture of stealthy tactics and powerful weaponry.

The texture is still an early Work in Progress!

LaserRifle_Render.jpg

SDT-B Vulture Shotgun

A weapon used by both Nod and GDI shotgun infantry, the 'Vulture' Shotgun is a close ranged weapon used best against infantry and light vehicles. With eight rounds per shot, the shotgun could put a hole in just about any infantry at the proper range.

Shotgun_Render.jpg

AG79 Kestrel Automatic Grenade Launcher

GDI's only asset in this update. The 'Kestrel' Grenade Launcher fires 40mm grenade rounds in an arc. Although difficult to become accustomed to, if used correctly, the Grenade Launcher could pose a threat to infantry, vehicles, and structures, especially in packs. Primary fire shoots a grenade that explodes on impact, while secondary fire shoots a grenade that will bounce and last a few seconds.

GrenadeLauncher_Render.jpg

That's all for now!

Be sure to register on our forums to check out our Live WIP section, and to see our previous updates.

http://www.renegade-x.com

Love the APC! Can't wait to see so much detail ingame. It actually says armored personnel carrier on it, haha! Awesome!

Can't wait to see flame tank shooting flames. I bet flame effect is going to be 'a bit' cooler than in old Renegade :P

Flame tank: nice, and not just because it's a great tank.

Nod officer: Nicely finished, although he doesn't seem to radiate an immediate 'I am the officer' look like the GDI officer seemed to have.

Sakura: Detailed reconstruction at it's best. She really looks like the real deal, but instead of the anorexia she had in the original game she seems to have some real fat and muscles appropriate for her occupation.

Firefly: Well, it looks a lot better then those gray WIP thingy's or whatever you call them. I think that if the crystal was a little smaller then it looks now, it would be perfect. Too bad it's so far in production already.

Shotgun: Splendid, it actually looks like you don't want to be at the business end of this one. The original renegade one seemed more a plastic nightstick which incidently could shoot to me.

Kestral: You guys really know what a weapon should look like! I't a magnificent design and I'm actually considering trying this one out as a substitute for the normal soldier.

APC: I saved this one for last. It's magnificent, not a work of art but a work of craft. It looks armoured, fast, capable of carrying various loads and it's build for the battlefield with a nasty machine gun on top. Wonderfull!

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (Demigan @ May 22 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firefly: Well, it looks a lot better then those gray WIP thingy's or whatever you call them. I think that if the crystal was a little smaller then it looks now, it would be perfect. Too bad it's so far in production already.[/b]

Resizing isn't an issue :) . We're going to use a shader on it, as opposed to a material, so that's no problem :) . Wont be as visible in-game though, and its the main function of the weapon as it were. I wanted to show off what the weapon was all about :) .

I've uploaded some more traditional renders to my deviantart, shows a different angle :) .
http://lordzargon.deviantart.com/

Truely awesome update.

I love the new Sakura model, she looks epic!

The finished APC just looks amazing, can't wait to drive one.

The Nod Officer and Flame Tank just look too awesome for words and as for the Laser Rifle, Shotgun and Grenade Launcher, well words can not describe.

Another awesome update guys, keep up the great work!

Awesome update.

As others have stated too flamer could use bit more details. Maybe you could add nod logos on those big tanks both sides.

And one more question. Are you really coding bouncing boobs for Sakura? :blink:

QUOTE (AkuKo @ May 22 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome update.
As others have stated too flamer could use bit more details. Maybe you could add nod logos on those big tanks both sides.
And one more question. Are you really coding bouncing boobs for Sakura? :blink:[/b]

Roflmao that would be too funny to see... But i seriously doubt it.

QUOTE (AkuKo @ May 22 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome update.
And one more question. Are you really coding bouncing boobs for Sakura? :blink:[/b]

wow .. .taking dream for reality my friend :P you watch too much manga i think :P

• Former Developers

We wanted to do a change and actually make a some what normal mod update, excpt without the grey untextured models. Well no I'm lieing, we just wanted to stack up art assets that are supposed to be in the first release.

[Applications?, where should i make it?]

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Dec 27 2008, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
someone told me they were going to code something like that "bouncing boobs technology" that you see in lula 3D and in DOA.[/b]

Don't get me wrong I just remembered that post from some old thread. I will play Renegade X anyway :)

QUOTE (a000clown @ May 23 2009, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A bit disappointed there's no video like there usually is, but that APC looks amazing ;) [/b]

Heh, it's a good enough update for me. They update regularly and the fact they do so many video's has always come as a bonus. Enjoy it while it lasts, the next mod you will be keeping track off (if you ever will after rene-x is released) probably won't be so regular or with so many (good) video's.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ May 23 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First release ??![/b]

yeah i caught that one too :) haha

well, so the list of people left to make.. (this crosses off any i saw in WIP as well)
GDI:
Soldier
Shotgunner
Grenadier
Engineer
Sydney
Officer
Rocket Soldier
Hotwire
Gunner
Patch
Deadeye
Mobius
Sydney (Personal Ion Cannon)
Havoc

NOD:
Soldier
Shotgunner
Flamethrower
Engineer
Chem Warrior
Officer
Rocket Soldier
Technician
Stealth Black Hand
Black Hand (Chaingunner)
Black Hand (Sniper)
Mendoza
Raveshaw
Sakura

I crossed off any that i've seen so far.

I find only 2 things missing, and both of them on flame tank.

First is that EVERY tank should have front hull loops, incase the engine will give up on working so it could be carried away.

Second is hulls headlights, thats about it =p otherwise everything looks awesome and very well thought of, even the little oxigen cans for the flame tank. keep up the awesome job guys!

:o Can we have either a larger image of Sakura or just a shot of her face? I can't really see it cause it's too small. From the distance, she doesn't really look Japanese. However, the rest of the model looks excellent!

I also love the rest of the assets. The APC is totally epic. Nice job there.

Off topic:

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ May 23 2009, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... you watch too much manga i think :P[/b]

You can't watch manga, you read it. It's a book.

You read manga. You watch anime.

:P

QUOTE (Tsumetai @ May 24 2009, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope NOT. I hate it when game developers do that sort of crap. It's so stupid. It never even looks good; they always end up looking freakish and unnatural.[/b]

Just work it into the animation. Subtly.

If done, it should only be noticeable if you are looking and anticipating it.

But then again, if this is done, then the same sort of thing would have to be made for things like loose cloths, hair, ect. Maybe it's not worth the effort then.

Ah! Maybe just maybe I've been reading too much Japanese Manga or Korean Manhaw or Comics in general

but Sakura looks a bit old from the angle, but either way I can't wait to see Sydney lol (I've tried to make a Sydney in 3D and failed miserably hahaha)

Oh on the body curve thing ... hum if done right

it will be seductive to just play the game and watching Sakura and Sydney duel out

The waist line and the hip Ah~

(......)

.)....(

(......)

hahaha that ain't right

\........./

.\......./

..).....(

./.......\

and from the side

(..........|

..\......./

...|...../

...|....(

...|.....\

...|......)

HAHAHAHA =3

Awesome Update over all exciting!!

lol the curves are there. the leather jacket she weares just prevents jou from seeing most of that ;) and remember she's a merc, she's supposed to be tough and tbh i haven't seen many mercs running around in tight clothes or shorts (especially not the female ones lol).

Anyways, back on topic.

Definately love the update you guys! the apc really is epic. In my opinion the flame tank should have a little more black like the apc but that's up to you ofc. Rest of it looks great as always :) Keep it up!

QUOTE (SoD.X @ May 23 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First is that EVERY tank should have front hull loops, incase the engine will give up on working so it could be carried away.
Second is hulls headlights, thats about it =p otherwise everything looks awesome and very well thought of, even the little oxigen cans for the flame tank. keep up the awesome job guys![/b]

I have no care about the front hull loops. But you should look closer, the headlights have been placed on the side, energy stored in those big tanks behind it.

QUOTE (Tsumetai @ May 24 2009, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope NOT. I hate it when game developers do that sort of crap. It's so stupid. It never even looks good; they always end up looking freakish and unnatural.[/b]

Check Max Payne 2, they have bouncing boops there, but it isn't very noticable and it looks quite realistic. Don't ask me why I noticed it if it isn't noticable :) . I think there are more games that might have such a feature but isn't too insane like DOA beach volleyball.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

QUOTE (SoD.X @ May 23 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[...] Second is hulls headlights, thats about it =p otherwise everything looks awesome and very well thought of, even the little oxigen cans for the flame tank. keep up the awesome job guys![/b]

Ok, a flame tank.

headlights.

you know, those things in front, that make a lot of light so you can see it comming.

like...

fire?

It doesnt need freaking headlights! its a flame tank! It will burn everything in its path with its headlights!

ok, more seriously, they are their (like at least 2 people pointed out). one more thing I would like to see. Give the flame tank a small fire in front of both the guns. More realistic. And maybe some more... I dont know, some more of what the APC has got. It is just the flametank of renegade in UT, and with my anticipation, even though it looks great, it is a bit of a let down. It misses something... X.
Ban4life