My summer in USA and Canada

CrazyAndy

Hi fellows!

I'm spending my summer on USA and Canada this time. Cities will be Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto and Miami. I'll be staying one week in each city in different host families.

Now, if you have any suggestions what I should do in those cities I'd appreciate your help. Especially if you could hint me some events and concerts and maybe some night clubs for those places. I really want to meet great local people and try & see new stuff!

QUOTE (Killa @ May 12 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when are you heading to toronto, you could meet up with some RenX dev's including myself, havoc, and fabbie ;) [/b]

Oh, that would be awesome for sure! I don't have a host family confirmed for Toronto yet. I'll try to get it somewhere near public transportations (about 20 minutes to downtown or so). I'll pm you photos of me so you know a little what to expect.

cmon, dont forget drink a beer @ St-Sulpice terrasse, its a must to see and live. the Loft and the Dome is simpoly insane too, but you have to be younger to like that .. i start to be too old for that :P i prefer the St-Sulpice, i love the 4 floors Bars

• 4 weeks later...

C'mon Killa and other Toronto people. I really want to meet you guys as I'm arriving there on Tuesday 16th. I'd like you to inform me if we could meet. I mean if you don't want to that's just okay, I'll understand. Worst thing you ever could do is to suggest that we could do it and then left it open.

Btw, I changed plans to Toronto --> Ottawa --> Montreal

• Totem Arts Staff

I probably won't meet you. It's an extremely busy time for me, with work, job hunting, university applications & orientations, the mod, and life. Plus, I don't really like meeting internet people - it's no offense to you, I've just actually done it before and it's not that cool.

I've heard of the host families system. Really great and cost-effective idea.

Hmm, I live across the bay from San Francisco... If you haven't visited SF already, visit Pier 39 and the sea lions, visit the California Academy of Sciences and De Young Museum at Golden gate park, and ride the cable cars. All of those are probably already in your guidebook... sorry, I'm useless at recommending local destinations and events.

Have fun! Wish I could travel to Europe and stay with host families.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jun 14 2009, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I probably won't meet you. It's an extremely busy time for me, with work, job hunting, university applications & orientations, the mod, and life. Plus, I don't really like meeting internet people - it's no offense to you, I've just actually done it before and it's not that cool.[/b]

Okay, I understand. Sometimes it feels like a good idea to do something new and spontanious but it doesn't always work out as you had planned.

Just arrived to Toronto today and it's really amazing, nothing like USA. It's pretty clean and people are laid back, just great. Hope I'll meet some beautiful girls in night clubs.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jun 17 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol I think Toronto is the least clean and laid back city in our country. But welcome![/b]

I know it's all relative. As I just was in Miami and saw some places I never want to see again. I also heard Toronto wouldn't be too clean but I was really surprised maybe because of my expectations. All the roads were bit trashy and buildings really differ from area to area. You actually have a clean metro (something between Washington and New York's metro in terms of cleanliness) and most of the bus drivers speak pure english. Yesterday I went to the Air Canada Centre and I talked with 7-10 people and all of them were really awesome. Even at night everyone seemed pretty friendly which made me feel safe. As from European view Toronto's not something you'd call really clean but not dirty either. I heard Montreal is more european and cleaner, we'll see. Anyway, I really like your country already.

• Former Developers

Wonderland sucks too imo. I went there last year and went on almost every ride. The only ones that were some what decent were Drop Zone and Vortex. Other then that its all childs play. I'd say the only thing worth seeing are Niagra Falls, especially when you go on the ship and get close to the falls.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just wanted to say goodbye Canada, I'm leaving tomorrow morning! Toronto and Montreal were really cool and I actually got to meet some awesome people. Ottawa instead, I didn't like it too much. It was all about museums and nightlife was really silent. At times I was amazed that you have dresscodes in bars but I got used to it pretty quickly. I also went to Stevie Wonder's concert but it wasn't organized that well (at least it was free).

Thanks for everyone who gave hints about the places to go, they were really welcome.

Next stop, Cali!