Apple to buy EA? NOOOOO!

epicelite

so you guys knock macs, have you ever used one? have you ever taken the time to explore the features and amazing aspects of a mac and its operating system.

Im sick off everyone bashing macs, cause there crap blah blah blah, get your head out of your asses and realize, there using the most advanced hardware to date.... Nvidia chipsets, Sli capable in the 24" and mac book pro's, along with Mid range to just shy of extreme core 2 duo processors.... AND ontop of that DDR3 memory and the industry leading screens.

Just because you cant afford a mac or are to idiotic to use one, does not give you the right to bash them.

and btw CNC3, Red alert 3 are available for a mac :)

QUOTE (Killa @ May 9 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so you guys knock macs, have you ever used one? have you ever taken the time to explore the features and amazing aspects of a mac and its operating system.

Im sick off everyone bashing macs, cause there crap blah blah blah, get your head out of your asses and realize, there using the most advanced hardware to date.... Nvidia chipsets, Sli capable in the 24" and mac book pro's, along with Mid range to just shy of extreme core 2 duo processors.... AND ontop of that DDR3 memory and the industry leading screens.

Just because you cant afford a mac or are to idiotic to use one, does not give you the right to bash them.

and btw CNC3, Red alert 3 are available for a mac :) [/b]

sry i have 2 use macs on a regular basis and i have to say... PC'S 4 LIFE. iunno what it is about them but they are unappealing and confusing to use. (for me any ways) and i use them every day in school for year book class and media arts photoshoping, and garage band iMovie etc..

you know, mac does have it's advantages. besides the fact that mac never crashes i've never heard of a mac with a virus or trojan horse on it. also, mac is really nice once you get used to it and the programs are way more stable then programs will ever be in vista.

on the other hand, mac has no support for windows programs or whatever (i know, you can have 2 operating systems on a mac but that kinda sux) and when it comes to gaming mac is just totally out of the loop even though their macbooks would easily own a normal PC on area's such as FPS on highest settings etc.

all in all i have to say that i'm really fond of mac. but because i game and use programs like AutoCAD i don't have any use for it as mac doesn't support those programs which imo is a real shame.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Killa @ May 9 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually had used a Mac for about five months. They're really no where near as good as Mac cultists claim them to be. A lot of Apple people say Macs don't crash or freeze, but I've gotten a lot more crashing and freezing on a two year old Mac than I do on my 8 year old PC.

I agree, it may be because I was using an old mac but it crashed dayly, also I couldent figure out what was wrong with it because there were no virus detection programs that were cheap enough to get. Also I don't loke mac's because they can't be upgraded like a PC. Ii may be different on some of the newer mac's but upgradeing means buying a new computer. Finaly PC are Y. Has any one seen a mack with LED light up fans? clear sides to see componants?

I rest my case, however as always I am oppen to correction.

(if it exists)........

NO! I've been liking EA for the past few years. But I've never liked Apple, and never will!

If they buy EA out, I will first of all hate Apple, obviously. Secondly hate EA because they sold themselves. Thirdly hate Westwood twice as much for selling themselves to a company that sold themselves as well.

Holy crap, I can see it now. Buy disk one to build a power plant. Get disk two and not only can you build a war factory, but you can build an army tank too! (only for Macs though).

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ May 9 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO! I've been liking EA for the past few years. But I've never liked Apple, and never will!

If they buy EA out, I will first of all hate Apple, obviously. Secondly hate EA because they sold themselves. Thirdly hate Westwood twice as much for selling themselves to a company that sold themselves as well.

Holy crap, I can see it now. Buy disk one to build a power plant. Get disk two and not only can you build a war factory, but you can build an army tank too! (only for Macs though).[/b]

lol g?G

I've had to endure crappy Apple/Mac computers in school for about 11+ years and never liked them.

I'll never understand why people need to be listening to music literally everywhere they go so I've never bothered with iPods or similar.

I don't like the Safari browser but they've done alright with their Webkit framework.

Can't think of anything I actually like about Apple so this doesn't look good for me.

I dislike Apple/Mac simply because i hate the cultists. PC is simple to use, and not hard to maintain if anyone ever really cared. Wanna know how i protect my PC? Spybot and Bitdefender 10(free edition). I rarely ever scan, and I really don't need to with spybots immunization. And it's not that hard to stay away from clicking Ads and going to fishy sites.

As unfortunate as it is, Microsoft is probably doomed to fail to Mac and Linux. Linux rapes microsoft in low-mid range computers, aswell as some top of the line systems. Mac only has a chance because of money brought in from other Apple products, but also the same lack of viruses that it shares with Linux. No hassle from outside sources on a mac. Let's not forget the nifty software for anyone in need.

But hey, here's some product placement. http://www.reactos.com

This will hopefully be microsofts downfall in the future, and then we can all game without hassle from microsoft, and needing overly powerful systems to run the OS.

QUOTE (Killa @ May 9 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I've used a Mac... lots. Rubbish OS, lack of decent graphical APIs (I'm looking at DirectX). And acutally you can get all that spec on a PC for cheaper. PCs are far better imho.

And Apple wont take EA over. Apple have nothing in the gaming industry, EA are one of the leading companies. Bunch of unsupported rumours. I laughed hard at the topic title.

And acutally Linux and Mac wont overtake Microsoft. They might get more marketshare, but Mircosoft dominates the market, familiraity amongst other aspects. Linux still has a LONG way to go, I use it regualrly and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't like a hard challenge.

By the way, its "too idiotic". ;)

QUOTE (epicelite @ May 11 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUICK!

Lets put all out money together and buy back C&C! We can get it cheap during this recession!

I have a $2 bill and jar fill of pennies!

That's a good start, rite? :( [/b]

im with u i got my jar filled with nickles and dimes... LETS DO THIS!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Killa @ May 9 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any reason to run a Mac OS is nullified when you dual boot Linux + Windows. Windows for play, Linux for work and you're good to go. You get all the benefits of running a Mac OS (no viruses, spyware, etc), yet you get the bang for your buck from buying a PC and are still able to game.

QUOTE (epicelite @ May 9 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If apple buys EA how am I supposed to buy back the rights to Westwood some day! D=[/b]

Dont know if you're joking, but if I get rich thats my plan and some other CnC fans may want to join in.

Anyway even if EA is bought by apple its not our worst concern, Virgin owns the rights to Dune, which is to me part of sacred CnC legacy aswell.

If we're lucky we can get it by paying something realistic, if they cling to it, we'll have to bring down the corporations either by outperforming them with our own corperations or by waiting until we get terminally ill from old age and go bonzai with molotovs and homemade explosives until they give - in short Nod style.

Then theres the "Petroglyph is somewhat lacking"-, "all old Westwood employees have died/needs tracking down"- and "Joseph David Kucan have died/aged beyond the Kane look"-problems... its gonna be tough, but it would be the grandest comeback evar...

I have been certified - twice - by psychiatrists, I'm not crazy!