Becoming a mod.

thrash300

since we have no operating costs, and were not asking for donations, unfortunately no. Once the time comes that we release, on the official server there will be only staff and vip members with moderation status.

But at time of release you will be able to start your own servers, therefore you can be your own moderator :D

QUOTE (Killa @ May 6 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But at time of release you will be able to start your own servers, therefore you can be your own moderator :D [/b]

Do you maybe have any idea on the resource requirements of an UT3 server (which will/should be pretty equal to a Renegade X one(?)).

QUOTE (Galen @ May 8 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be better that we all try to go on one server, rather than trying to all host our own.[/b]

I hate the idea of ONE server, simply because of the lack of server side modifications! Less gameplay options, no CTF iether AOW or CTF, get the idea? Im all for moar servers, INFACT I would love to see the Renegade X team make a minor remake of the Advanced Games Listings that Renegade currently uses, but make it a stand alone application for Renegade X, keeping much of the original Renegade look and feel to it with the music, I believe it was menu.mp3 (A classic!) along with the cursor, and the whole user interface.... It would be awsome...

I believe this suggestion deserves a topic of its own....

It would be better that we all try to go on one server, rather than trying to all host our own.[/b]

I don't know the limits of the Unreal 3 engine and the maximum slots for a server, but I really hope there will be enough players to fill multiple servers, especially at it's release (and I'd actually also expect that).

Or we can go the way of C&C: Renegade and have a player-to-server ratio in the decimals <_<
Seriously, why does everyone just have to have their own empty server hosted off their home pc that no one cares or heard of?

QUOTE (a000clown @ May 10 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously, why does everyone just have to have their own empty server hosted off their home pc that no one cares or heard of?[/b]

Why does everyone just have to make false assumptions?

To your point:
Because the chances are slim that every server runs all possible game modes and not everyone likes the same server settings?

I agree with that, lots of games have this, but the way a000clown said it, it sounds like all those servers except for 1 are hosted from a home pc.

Then again,

my personal expections of players for this mod, especially in it's early days, is quiet high. I think that almost everyone who either enjoys or used to enjoy Renegade and has a pc that can run this game, would love to give it a try.

Add to that, that A: I live in Europe and would prefer to play in a server in Europe, B: I actually have a server here myself that has been hosting RxD (some might know it, others may not) for a very long time (talk about years) of which I'm sure it can handle a decent Unreal 3 based server (more than 1 even) and C: In it's early days I will be playing in my own server with a bunch of (old) friends to play this mod in a small group (+/- 16) before joining a main server, to get used to the new features & engine. D: Because ABC is a bit boring.

So to repeat myself:

-Yes, I'd prefer to see 1 or more (depending on how many will play this mod) huge servers rather than a bunch of small ones.

-Yes, there are for Renegade, just like Crysis, Call of Duty etc. way too many servers, of which most are actually crap.

and to add:

Give a may update! :lol:

You're right, the way I said it didn't come out how I wanted.

My point being, unless you're actually to going to put time and effort into your server and make it stand out from the rest, there's really no reason why you can't join a server that's already well established.

I don't mind seeing a large variety of servers, I do mind when they all have the exact same features and are almost always empty.

• Totem Arts Staff

I could kind of see the appeal of having a lot of servers. I personally don't like most of the popular servers, either because there are too many bizarre server side mods, or because I don't like high player counts, or both. I usually get a few buddies of mine and join a small server with little to no server side mods, which aren't very popular. If Renegade only had a few servers, this luxury would be taken away.

Magic.

With every download copy of Renegade-X we will distribute instructions on how to build a Dousing Rod of Connection Superiority and the enchantment spells that will open the server window interface. Then you select a server, finish the enchantment spell (involves sacrificial blood) and start playing.

:lol:

But really though, You can either browse through UT3's server list or direct-connect if you have the server connection info. :)

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 12 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With every download copy of Renegade-X we will distribute instructions on how to build a Dousing Rod of Connection Superiority and the enchantment spells that will open the server window interface. Then you select a server, finish the enchantment spell (involves sacrificial blood) and start playing.[/b]

Will we be able to download the blood? ^_^

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 12 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Magic.

With every download copy of Renegade-X we will distribute instructions on how to build a Dousing Rod of Connection Superiority and the enchantment spells that will open the server window interface. Then you select a server, finish the enchantment spell (involves sacrificial blood) and start playing.

:lol:

But really though, You can either browse through UT3's server list or direct-connect if you have the server connection info. :) [/b]

Is Renegade X a COMPLETE modification of Unreal Tournament 3?.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ May 14 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So why not remake the online game joining section of it and mold it after the current Renegades one (Advanced Game Listings) I am positive all the Renegade fans would love it.[/b]

Because that is an unneeded thing for this mod...

I am getting tired of seeing requests like these constantly... and I am only a tester

QUOTE (thrash300 @ May 14 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So why not remake the online game joining section of it and mold it after the current Renegades one (Advanced Game Listings) I am positive all the Renegade fans would love it.[/b]

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 12 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we can make our own menus for UT3 mods[/b]

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 12 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But really though, You can either browse through UT3's server list *subtext*with our own menus*subtext* or direct-connect if you have the server connection info. :) [/b]

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Spycon @ May 14 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because that is an unneeded thing for this mod...

I am getting tired of seeing requests like these constantly... and I am only a tester[/b]

Oww come on, at least take a vote on the Official Renegade forums for that, I think it deserves a vote, because its such an important aspect of the mod.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jun 12 2009, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why the Renegade Forums? This is Renegade X, they shouldn't be deciding our mod's features, we should.[/b]

Sure why not, or if you preffer why not both?. BUT take a vote, because as I said
...because its such an important aspect of the mod.[/b]

Even you have to agree, I mean comeon' I am really going to miss the Advanced Games Listings if its changed, then, in my opinion the whole game will be COMPLETELY different. Take a vote. It won't hurt....