You know you're a CnC Renegade player.....

Techno

When:

-Stank to you doesn't mean a bad smell

-Flamer to you doesn't mean an effeminate male

-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MOVE OUT!

-You answered every noob's "How do I go down in the helicopter?" with "E"

-You looked forward to killing the Hand of Nod/Infantry Barracks so you could snipe with ease

-The 500 snipe > N00bjet

-You got a Mobile Artillery or Mobile Rocket Launcher at the start of each round to farm credits/points

-You had your best sniper fights in the CnC_Island's tunnels

-Beacon rushes with 6+ Ion Canon/Nukes

-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-TAKE THE POINT!

-You did a fireworks display on the hill of CnC_Hourglass

-You hated when the map rotation got to CnC_Glacier

-Infantry wars!!

-The Mammoth Tank rushes always failed

Add.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Techno @ May 2 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When:

-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MOVE OUT!
-You looked forward to killing the Hand of Nod/Infantry Barracks so you could snipe with ease
-The 500 snipe > N00bjet
-You got a Mobile Artillery or Mobile Rocket Launcher at the start of each round to farm credits/points
-Infantry wars!!

Add.[/b]

Remove a few of those first then...

Mammoth tank rushes failed? With good teamwork the mammoth tank rushes can be the powerhouse to break through your enemy. Capable of taking lots of punishment and hiding enough hotwires safely to keep it repaired, these can really wipe you out.
best sniper fights in islands...? I don't see what's so good about those tunnels, it's all about wallhuggers there. I like the sniperfights where you run from cover to cover, fight from variable range and have to watch out for other infantry then snipers as well.
sniping with ease, what for? The fun in the game is not getting things dumped on your plate. The only reason for looking forwards to sniping after the infantry building has been destroyed is to finish off those last higher class infantry who are playing hard to get.

As for adding new ones. I think that most would consist of 'not working as a team, leaving your teammates to their fates to preserve your k.d. ratio instead of sacreficing yourself and winning the game, lame ass sniping without actually contributing to the game, etc'.

As you see, we aren't on the same level when we are talking about what makes you a Renegade player :)

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

QUOTE (Demigan @ May 2 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mammoth tank rushes failed? With good teamwork the mammoth tank rushes can be the powerhouse to break through your enemy. Capable of taking lots of punishment and hiding enough hotwires safely to keep it repaired, these can really wipe you out.
best sniper fights in islands...? I don't see what's so good about those tunnels, it's all about wallhuggers there. I like the sniperfights where you run from cover to cover, fight from variable range and have to watch out for other infantry then snipers as well.
sniping with ease, what for? The fun in the game is not getting things dumped on your plate. The only reason for looking forwards to sniping after the infantry building has been destroyed is to finish off those last higher class infantry who are playing hard to get.

As for adding new ones. I think that most would consist of 'not working as a team, leaving your teammates to their fates to preserve your k.d. ratio instead of sacreficing yourself and winning the game, lame ass sniping without actually contributing to the game, etc'.

As you see, we aren't on the same level when we are talking about what makes you a Renegade player :)

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

I think it's a bit of light laughter mate, and I've seen plenty of mammoth rushes fail in the past, because with good teamwork on the Nod side, they can be eliminated.

Made me chuckle anyway :P

QUOTE (Demigan @ May 2 2009, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

All aboard the serious train. Last call!

Well I suppose the Mammoth one depends on what side you're talking about. :P Receiving end or giving end. If you stomp every rush that comes at you with Raveshaws then you're a Renegader. But yeah you're not a Renegader if you're on the giving end and every rush fails. :P

First of all, I love glacier for some strange reason.... :blink:

second I have never seen a Mamy rush fail unless it is one mamy and five meds. (In that case it probably isn't a mamy rush.)

Third, I must be a noob because I have no idea what "E" stands for.

Finaly, I agree I love it when there are no more enemy snipers, especialy on Canyon. :)

QUOTE (Qbert @ May 2 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all, I love glacier for some strange reason.... :blink:
second I have never seen a Mamy rush fail unless it is one mamy and five meds. (In that case it probably isn't a mamy rush.)
Third, I must be a noob because I have no idea what "E" stands for.
Finaly, I agree I love it when there are no more enemy snipers, especialy on Canyon. :) [/b]

i agree on the glacier thingie. loved the map and without the bugs it's just simply GREAT.
anyways, i've never even seen a mammy rush. all i ever did were med, mlrs and apc rushes on GDI and stank, arti, flame and apc rushes on NOD.
and the E stands for the standard 'action' button.
and i hate snipers on any map lol. :lol: i love bashing them with a tank though.

• Former Developers

I'd like to add:

- You ran over an SBH

- You've been called a hacker by a noob

- Remember the demo days everytime Under loads up

- You've memorized ack reply

- Started a flame war for calling it NOD

- Stuck timed c4s on unsuspecting snipers

- Disarmed beacons after 0

QUOTE (Havoc89 @ May 2 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to add:
- Remember the demo days everytime Under loads up[/b]

hell ya .. one chance i still have the old texture ...

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 2 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Headshot an SBH across the map while shooting at an enemy sniper.[/b]

this one is fun .. you can call this Skill, Luck and Stupid SBH who put his head between my bullet and the sniper head

-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MOVE OUT!
-The Mammoth Tank rushes always failed[/b]

You know it :D
Also, IMO hourglass pwns

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ May 4 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well .. if your against some GOOD players .. like in a CW ... mammy rush will work most of time .. cause it need real good coordination to do this ... but in regular server .. like marathon for exemple ... it always fail lol[/b]

Yeah. CW is one of the best clans out there. :rolleyes:

http://www.commwarriors.com

Why does everyone hate glacier? I personally luv the map, u gotta act quck or u lose ur bar/hon+ref lots of tp required, I'll be honest if the server is crappy and the mines don't work properly and they warp to teh middle of teh map thats fucking annoying, but if they get it right then its a good map.

I always preferred being on gdi as u cud jus whore in mrls :lol: and even if they came at ya with a apache u cud take out 50% of it, thats why havoc+mrls rock on tha map :P

Hmm guys I do have a question tho, will ya be able to obby walk on renny x? :rolleyes: ^^

keep up teh good work guys (hope this comes out soon :( )

QUOTE (SeanW @ May 5 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does everyone hate glacier? I personally luv the map, u gotta act quck or u lose ur bar/hon+ref lots of tp required, I'll be honest if the server is crappy and the mines don't work properly and they warp to teh middle of teh map thats fucking annoying, but if they get it right then its a good map.[/b]

Cos the map was build to be laggy in practically every server. I can't wait to see Glacier on a good engine with good coding. The mine things was done on purpose by the way, you can disarm them at that lightning spike but they explode at the place you put them. As it's pretty central and snipers of both teams can safely shoot it without being able to shoot eachother, and tanks can get there pretty easily, I think it's a very fair and good system.

You know you're a CnC Renegade player
-When you've remote C4red your own vehicle to blow it up should SBH's steal it.
-You've camped the weapon spawn with SBH to get HS weapons.
-You scream 'typekill' or 'out of ammo' the moment someone kills you easily.
-You placed random timed c4 anywhere just in the hope to get a kill.
-You accidently hit the wrong hotkey and bought an engineeer instead of refill.

B2way I Bought a retour ticket.

ok here we go from me

You know you're a CnC Renegade player

-when you make flaming apc's (spam timed c4's on the front of a apc)

-when your a hotwire or techtencain and pic up a second repair gun and blame the building being destroyed on it

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (GoldHaze1 @ May 20 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
500 sniper owns n00bjet????wtf are you on[/b]

It does.

If you're any good of a sniper, it means that you'll be getting headshots consistently. Since a headshot with both the 500 and the Ramjet are one hit kills, and the 500 sniper is considerably faster, the 500 is the better weapon of choice for any skilled sniper.

Now, if someone's a noob and their just randomly firing around hoping to get at least a body shot, than yes the Ramjet is a better weapon. If you have skill though, the 500 is better.

• 2 weeks later...

when: you chase a sbh and plant a timed c4 on him then you run away laughing :)

Only to read a msg couple seconds later him cursing you lol

To many times when I'm setting up mines as hotty and u see a sbh try and sneak round, swaps for timed c4 chase the bugger and stick it on them, then laugh watching a floating c4 disappears, knowing on his screen he can only see it too :P

p.s 500 sniper ftw :)

QUOTE (DeathNSmalDoses @ Jun 4 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when: you chase a sbh and plant a timed c4 on him then you run away laughing :)

Only to read a msg couple seconds later him cursing you lol

To many times when I'm setting up mines as hotty and u see a sbh try and sneak round, swaps for timed c4 chase the bugger and stick it on them, then laugh watching a floating c4 disappears, knowing on his screen he can only see it too :P

p.s 500 sniper ftw :) [/b]

Chasing an SBH with timed C4 and sticking it on him...?
What kind of noobs are your enemies if you manage that? If you would try that with me I would simply pull the trigger, I might be a bit unique that I actually use the SBH gun against full health targets, but still. How the hell can you lose from a hotwire if you have a gun that has more bullets, almost the same fire rate, same damage PLUS fire damage afterwards and longer range, vs her pistol and if you're stupid her C4?

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Jun 4 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chasing an SBH with timed C4 and sticking it on him...?
What kind of noobs are your enemies if you manage that? If you would try that with me I would simply pull the trigger, I might be a bit unique that I actually use the SBH gun against full health targets, but still. How the hell can you lose from a hotwire if you have a gun that has more bullets, almost the same fire rate, same damage PLUS fire damage afterwards and longer range, vs her pistol and if you're stupid her C4?

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

majority of the time, you wouldn't do it, but there are few exceptions :)
Not everybody is "pro" at sbh, and there are plenty of times when your able to get a timed C4 on them,

but generally speaking why we moaning about it? notice title of the thread? after playing renegade for so long its sometimes fun to mess with the enemy and try and plant stuff on them.

Just like how some SBH like to sneak up on people and stick a c4, its known its been done its there so its doable.

Your a real renegade player when expecting a boink sound making a kill in another FPS (and for the really hooked, RTS)

Blue screen of death got a second meaning

you shot someone on the other side of the map, while he was invisible, behind tons of walls, buildings and tanks, because lag made you do it

drove over a SBH while in a Mammoth Tank

Bought a Flying Coffin (yes, I know you have done it. Admid it. There is no shame. Everyone wants to know sometimes what it is like.)

mined a whole building with remote C4.

"Yes, I'm throught their defences! now I put a timed on the MCT. And another Timed.... &(*@#&$*)_!&% Its freaking stuck on the other C4"

Destroyed a building by shooting with a non explosive weapon against the MCT

BanC4life

QUOTE (AkuKo @ Jun 7 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know you're a CnC Renegade player when you use medium tank instead :) [/b]

Sometimes the lust for power is just too great... TOO GREAT! A 5 METERS TALL BUILDING WITH BADASS GUNS FIRERING EVERYTHING TO DUST!

too bad buildings arent allowed to drive fast and ARE allowed to be whored by the opponent ;)
Ban4life

ps. Epicelite, dont you mean UNexpected driving over an SBH? mostly you DONT see them?

QUOTE (Techno @ May 2 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When:

-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MOVE OUT!
-The 500 snipe > N00bjet
-Infantry wars!!

Add.[/b]

-You willingly sacrifice your life by jumping on proximity mines just so that the teamate behind you can make it past the mined area.

Damn it I know there is a website that has all of these and the best ones!!! I serached the Renegade forums & Googled it but couldn't find it.

• 2 weeks later...

-You spam "get out of the vehicle" when somebody steals your vehicle.

-You can manage a successful S-tank Or Flame tank assault which ends the game.

-You hate when people don't want to do teamwork and keep on attacking alone.

-You don't care that people can take a lot of shots to the head from the standard assault rifle or pistol (sakura, havok)

-when u run into your building to get a refill for a very expensive unit and get blown up by enemy proxys hidden in the doorway with all the others

-when you spawn in front of a PT that has enemy proxys and die instantly :angry:

QUOTE (Dr.Disaster @ Jun 28 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when you like the awesome skills of the harvesterdriver(not negatively meant nor positively) (this applies for all CnC games btw :P )[/b]

You must admit, those drivers are the most damn fearless drivers in the game. Harvesting even when they are overwhelmed by a hundred tanks and no backup.

You know when you are a renegade player when you think that getting yourself killed is the best way to defend the base.
-The only real teamwork you helped with was converge on the sound of a laser rifle to kill that pesky SBH
-Your a carpenter! You wanted a remote C4 motive on the ground?

-pistol whip a havoc/sakura

-Take the Point hahahahah

-you lag and your c4 ends up in the ceiling instead of the mct

-you press 4 instead of 5 when refilling your expensive character

-use one of the taunts to taunt an enemy

-run over someone with a mammoth tank

-cover a beacon with a harvester (mutation redux anyone?)

-destroying a building as a hotwire/technician alone

-stop an APC rush and kill all 4 passengers

-Doing flying coffin rushes that WORK (gdi transports > gdi apcs on city flying)

-Doing Mammoth Tank rushes that WORK (you need the element of suprise, try a mammy rush on hourglass with me)

Also:

-When you try to heal your friend with a repair gun

-When you try to enter your car and end up falling through the ground

-When you expect free refills!

-When your allowance is 2 credits every second

-When you expect the doors to automatically open (even though the power plant is destroyed o.O)

QUOTE (Demigan @ Jun 29 2009, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-The only real teamwork you helped with was converge on the sound of a laser rifle to kill that pesky SBH[/b]

-When you've picked up a laser rifle off a dead SBH (as GDI), and then fire it in the general area where you suspect another SBH is in your base, specifically to draw attention from the people mentioned in the quote.