Beta Testing....

punko24

If wou will consider there could be a list of people to test the mod on UT3 and tell you what problems are found. That is if the team wile support a amall group of testers... just to ask cuz i got alot of time and am very willing to help out. it is your choice so talk about it and dicide :)

Yeah Punko; there's alot of us who want to have that opporunity. Hopefully some of us will before the mod comes out.

If we don't then lets hope that the mod will come out quickly. When it does come out, don't forget to spread the word to the renegade communities. We'll want all of the servers to make an entire conversion to the Renegade X mod. =D

QUOTE (Spycon @ Apr 29 2009, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is not the westwood engine... It is the Unreal Engine therefore different sorts of bugs will be found[/b]

Exactly... and that's something of a relief in my eyes, especially as you won't get a character bloody vibrating etc. The April update is a perfect example lol

• 1 month later...

It won't. I have total confidence in the whole community to get this one done right. and how in the world can you mess up a game that is already made when the goal is to be as close as possible to the original game. if it is messed up it is not worthy of its name.

LONG LIVE RENEGADE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you havent realized it by now renegade-x mod for ut3 will not ever be released. They have been working on it since ut3 was released on '07, and if it is evere done- theres no rezason this mod should take nearly 2 and a half years- it will be for download on sites that your forced to pay for. This cannot be worth the wait.

QUOTE (Cyclonexxx1 @ Jul 15 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you havent realized it by now renegade-x mod for ut3 will not ever be released. They have been working on it since ut3 was released on '07, and if it is evere done- theres no rezason this mod should take nearly 2 and a half years- it will be for download on sites that your forced to pay for. This cannot be worth the wait.[/b]

Umm, there is actually a full working build working and we're testing. Nearly all the vehicles are in, and same for weps. UT3 is very complex and since this is a FULL conversion mod and not some change a few things mod, it will take some time, there still isn't a full conversion mod out for UT3. From the progress of the others, RenX is the farthest along and closest to a full release. I believe i heard from havoc the other day that they had given EA a couple vids for some reason. SO don't think this is gunna die out.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Cyclonexxx1 @ Jul 15 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you havent realized it by now renegade-x mod for ut3 will not ever be released. They have been working on it since ut3 was released on '07, and if it is evere done- theres no rezason this mod should take nearly 2 and a half years- it will be for download on sites that your forced to pay for. This cannot be worth the wait.[/b]

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

For one, UT3 came out in late-2007, so we've had it for much less than 2 years; just over a year and a half. Not 2 and a half years.

Secondly, Renegade X is totally free and you will be able to download it for free. It won't cost you a nickle.

Thirdly, professional games usually take a very minimum of two years with the engine to be completed. Considering there's 4 months left until the two year mark and we've got a working build with most of the first release content, AND we're just a volunteer project working on Renegade X during our free time, we are doing a damn good job.

As for our mod so-called dying. The statement is ridiculous to the point that I will not address.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Cyclonexxx1 @ Jul 15 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Total conversoin mods take time to create, if your not willing to wait, or if the mod isn't "worth the wait" then fair enough, go away, but I will tell you now, the mod is still in progress, it WILL be released, and it WILL be free to download.

QUOTE (Cyclonexxx1 @ Jul 15 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not quite sure who this idiot is, but he couldnt be further from the truth. Were all working on the mod one way or another, as we speak Im working on the brand new website, which will hopefully be up within the next week (time and work schedule permitting)

Everyone has to realize that no were not doing this for a living, and no were not being payed to do this. We would love to be, trust me.

and to make a post that says "it will be on a site you have to pay to download".....

were you abused as a child? dropped on your head to many times? or are you just flat out stupid.

The mod team is not in this for money, we have thanked but denied offers of financial support time and time again. and the mod, once completed will be downloadable right from our website, and quite possibly from other sites like mp-gaming, borgamers, etc.

To appease the Gods of Renegade X I will sacrifice a cauliflower and ask forgiveness for the idiocy of Cyclonexxx1.

Take your time and ask for help if you need it, the community is here to help in every way they can.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Jul 17 2009, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To appease the Gods of Renegade X I will sacrifice a cauliflower and ask forgiveness for the idiocy of Cyclonexxx1.[/b]

To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the ME: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 17 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the ME: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.[/b]

Cauliflower is a bloodless sacrifice, add it's silent screams of pain and agony to your large collection of blood and carnage.

I've been in mods for 8 years, successful, released mods. Not to mention some actual retail games.

http://matts.omgmonkeylol.com names a few. Other mods include The Trenches, Jurassic Rage (MSUC Honorable Mention), Black Mesa Source (I was the only guy to be accepted on the team unanimously).

And that's just me - one member of this team- this is by far the most dedicated and professional mod team I've ever worked on.

I'm disgusted you think we can't actually pull this off. We've already got significant betas complete.

We're not answerable to the community, we're doing this in our free time for free, no cost to you.

Don't like waiting? Learn to develop games, then help us out instead of bitching and whining about something you have no clue about.

My two cents.

QUOTE (maty @ Jul 18 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been in mods for 8 years, successful, released mods. Not to mention some actual retail games.

http://matts.omgmonkeylol.com names a few. Other mods include The Trenches, Jurassic Rage (MSUC Honorable Mention), Black Mesa Source (I was the only guy to be accepted on the team unanimously).

And that's just me - one member of this team- this is by far the most dedicated and professional mod team I've ever worked on.

I'm disgusted you think we can't actually pull this off. We've already got significant betas complete.

We're not answerable to the community, we're doing this in our free time for free, no cost to you.

Don't like waiting? Learn to develop games, then help us out instead of bitching and whining about something you have no clue about.

My two cents.[/b]

I am can do something, what would you guys need most out of the 4 below:

1. 3D Modelers.
2. Texure Artist.
3. Graphic Artist.
4. Concept Artist.

Those are my capabilities... I recently made 2 websites along with their logos, Website #1, never really finished the flash header along with a few of the pages (including the index page), and Website #2. the client is having second thoughts about it, all of it is my work, cool thing is that I just might end up with those 2 domains with the 2 hosts 300 GB of Bandwidth per month.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 19 2009, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am can do something, what would you guys need most out of the 4 below:

1. 3D Modelers.
2. Texure Artist.
3. Graphic Artist.
4. Concept Artist.

Those are my capabilities... I recently made 2 websites along with their logos, Website #1, never really finished the flash header along with a few of the pages (including the index page), and Website #2. the client is having second thoughts about it, all of it is my work, cool thing is that I just might end up with those 2 domains with the 2 hosts 300 GB of Bandwidth per month.[/b]

show us some models.

QUOTE (maty @ Jul 19 2009, 03:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My two cents.[/b]

That's a killer site mate...all the best to you!

QUOTE (NEFirestorm @ Jul 16 2009, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol wtf do people who hate ren-x hire nubs like these to come here and make stuff up :/[/b]

lol mate I don't think anyone hired anyone lols

QUOTE (spellman @ Jul 30 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, here's hoping it comes out soon.

Let's see, that makes my wait list NS2, RenegadeX, and .... for the Empires devs to stop being stupid with their UI design.[/b]

Nah... Don't expect much from Empires.

If the mod stays as it is with average balance, you should be thankful.

If the mod gets a new release which makes it more shit, you should be still thankful because it's a sign that devs actually are still working on the mod.

If the mod gets a new release which actually is good release, that is just pure randomness and won't happen again.

So yeah, basically Empires development has slowed down to almost a halt and all the updates are more or less bad, usually. So don't expect any big updates from the devs, expect maybe aircrafts and scout rifle to scout shotgun update...

QUOTE (Mr. Weedy @ Jul 30 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah... Don't expect much from Empires.

If the mod stays as it is with average balance, you should be thankful.

If the mod gets a new release which makes it more shit, you should be still thankful because it's a sign that devs actually are still working on the mod.

If the mod gets a new release which actually is good release, that is just pure randomness and won't happen again.

So yeah, basically Empires development has slowed down to almost a halt and all the updates are more or less bad, usually. So don't expect any big updates from the devs, expect maybe aircrafts and scout rifle to scout shotgun update...[/b]

lol.

I'm on the forums quite a bit, and yeah it feels quagmired. The two good devs that I interacted with and who made some nice improvements have left. =[ I rarely even play it now., the UI hurts too much.

Ironically, the tech balance has somehow managed to have a semblance of balance. Too bad the classes are still blargh, not enough commanders, and the learning curve is stupified by bad UI.

QUOTE (Mr. Weedy @ Jul 31 2009, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By UI do you mean HUD?

If you mean HUD you could try Nesquiko's (aka Daruck's) custom HUD. It's semi-transparent, a bit more simplified and stylished but it's too black and white for my liking.[/b]

No, I mean User Interface in general.

The HUD is annoying. The Voice Menu has too many layers. The Vehicle Construction GUI doesn't tell you if you're missing an engine or armor (and just doesn't let you build, frustrating new players). The key bindings to open the squad, class, and spawn menus aren't clearly labeled in-game. The class/skill/equipment selection system is getting better (they made it easier to tell when you have equipment choices), but is still a hassle to navigate. The tech tree isn't easy to learn and navigate.

• 1 month later...

i dont care what the rest of these people are saying i have been waiting for someone to finish a renegade mod of UT3 scine 2007 and this mod will be great the pictures already look great so i will be on here on september 30th downloading the mod like anyother true renegade fan

all you other people that are saying its not gunna be good are in one of the following categories:

sucked at renegade

mad your own mod failed

arent true renegade fans

so if you dont like the mod and you are just gunna slam it you could just leave <_<

QUOTE (Cyclonexxx1 @ Jul 15 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IN YO' FACE!

Normal COMMERCIAL games usually take 3-5 years to produce, usually the time is 3 years, and that's 30-100 persons, if not even more, working on a single game.

R-X team is like... Dunno around 15-30 persons? I'd say they are making very good progress, very fast and judging by the info they have given to these forums, also very high quality. (Not to meantion they are doing this on their free time and not as their full time job on which they will spend 8 hours of their day 5 days a week.)