UT3 Editor Skydome

Hi guys, im learning to use the UT3 Editor for personal purposes possibly to learn to mod the UT3 engine later on.. I followed this Skydome Tutorial and followed it down to a tee.. Now his sky domes appear however when i follow this process with all actors turned on or off all im getting is a nice little Red Cross... Its kind of annoying i've been at this particular part for 24 hours now and still get the same problem.. I have also reinstalled UT3 3 times so i cant possibly be that and my UT3 is also updated to the latest version...

could you guys help me out at all possibly or link me to some better step by step reading tutorials.

Thanks

QUOTE (Jngdwe @ Apr 22 2009, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did you post this twice, in two separate sections?[/b]

He didn't post it twice. He originally posted it in the general discussion forum, but it was moved to this forum. You can see by clicking general discussion and seeing that it says "moved" next to the title.

It's pretty easy really. Just open UN_Sky.upk and select a mesh, then place it in your 3d view window. Scale to the appropriate number. Some only require scale of 2.0 while other meshes require a scale of 300 or so. Then just apply a material to that specific sky mesh, whichever one looks right.

QUOTE (Bret_Hart @ Apr 22 2009, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty easy really. Just open UN_Sky.upk and select a mesh, then place it in your 3d view window. Scale to the appropriate number. Some only require scale of 2.0 while other meshes require a scale of 300 or so. Then just apply a material to that specific sky mesh, whichever one looks right.[/b]

Thanks bret, that worked... for some reason it was making the dome as a half circle plane rather than a 3 dimensional dome.