Training level.

epicelite

Remember the training level with that supposed-to-be-havoc Logan guy.

Will there be anything like that for RenX with all the weapons to practace with?

Like a shooting range with balloons at the end for sniper rifles, buggy/hummer driving in circles for PIC/Railgun etc...

Then a driving course for vehicles? :P

Can I design the training level? ;)

QUOTE (epicelite @ Apr 18 2009, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember the training level with that supposed-to-be-havoc Logan guy.

Will there be anything like that for RenX with all the weapons to practace with?

Like a shooting range with balloons at the end for sniper rifles, buggy/hummer driving in circles for PIC/Railgun etc...

Then a driving course for vehicles? :P

Can I design the training level? ;) [/b]

As Nobby says, there will be vids and maps to get new players up to speed.
Second: if you make an appropiate and good map for basics and training, I dont think the team can really mind. Create it and send it to them for review.

If you are planning to just design it, meaning draw a layout and send it to them. Please dont. Let their own creativity come up with something.

Ban4life

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Apr 26 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you have a bunch of bots in the training skirmish matches just like in the regular UT3 game?[/b]

They are programming bots to have a good AI
if you design a whole level, its easy to put a few extra spawners for the bots.

To put everything I said here in perspective:
If they put extra respawners there, yes you can have a bunch of bots in the training skirmish matches, nearly like the regular ut3 game.

Can't wait... to kick some non-bot *ss in renegade-x =)
Ban4life

I was thinking, maybe it would be a good idea to code a single player level. Something that takes the player through every aspect of the game's controls and abilities while not actually being a 'tutorial.'

You can make videos for reference or detailed information, but you should let the player get involved in learning too. Make them love the quality and immersion of that mission to make them want to take the game online.

You can't really captivate someone to play simply by videos and instructions and rules. Let them take control and decide if they like it or not.