A Geek's inpenetrable fortress

maty

Alright, thought I'd start a "see the room behind the face" thread!

This is my room, all labelled up for you to have a gander!

I missed off a few things that you couldn't see too well, I have a Bucky Balll model and projection alarm clock, woot!

Well get them posted up, lets see the rooms you geek-out in!!

room1d.jpg

room2x.jpg

room3f.jpg

room4f.jpg

Revealing. no? :P

Smallest room in the house, but its big enough =] large bed, large desk, and its all I need ^^. The chair can be dropped using those handles on the side of office chairs you get and fits under the desk no problem! :)

and thats idea, see your rooms we all spend most of the year sat in staring at high radiation screens melting our retinas!

QUOTE (maty @ Apr 18 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Smallest room in the house, but its big enough =] large bed, large desk, and its all I need ^^. The chair can be dropped using those handles on the side of office chairs you get and fits under the desk no problem! :)

and thats idea, see your rooms we all spend most of the year sat in staring at high radiation screens melting our retinas![/b]

I'll reserve this for some pictures when My brother finally thinks he's demeaned himself enough to enter my room and brings his camera.

But the fact that a monitor is a 'high radiation screen' is a bit of a myth. In theory, yes a monitor is a high radiation screen. But only because light itself is a very high form of radiation. But you won't get a tan from your monitor, walking outside on a sunny day will give you a dose of dangerous radiation thats more then a hundred times then a monitor.
Ofcourse, I didn't want to scare you, please go outside sometime.

^
|
|
PS: I think I just qualified for the 'geek out'. I'll see when I post some pictures.

Grief, stop being so damned pedantic, I KNOW LCDs emit almost a big flat 0 of any radiation :P. It was for imagary purposes :P:)

You want a geek out?

Care for me to explain M-Theory and how it relates to time and inter-dimensional travel and links in with the theory of relativity and its origins in string theory? Or maybe you prefer a detailed lecture on the various approaches to fusion power and how it all relates to Tritium or Helium-3 and future planned moon landings? Of if you're really adventerous, I could talk about light and colour theory for days, caustics, inverse light decay, half-lives, circular momentum, photons, wave-like particles, advanced electronics, conservation of momentum, quatum physics, sub-atomic particles, terraforming, a brief history of our local planets and Earth's turbulent history. I could give history lectures on the history and development of firearms, anti-semitism over the past 2000 years in Europe and the UK, Henry IV, lutheranism, all of which I have deep understanding and knowledge of. Alternatively there's British politics, political theory and US politics. Pure Marxist communism, social contract theory or Athenian Democracy your sort of thing? Or something more computer-orientated in any area from UNIX-based system to DOS-based?

:P