C&C Arena?

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

In the last few days someone from the Official C&C Forums spotted this image for Command & Conquer: Arena on a site called The Third Floor Inc.

cnc_arena.jpg

This image was originally displayed here on The Third Floor Inc site but has since been removed. Perhaps it was removed at the request of EA? This is what the information said....

The Third Floor teamed with Shadowplay Studio to take Electronic Arts' concept of an epic robot battle from previs all the way to final cinematics. The highly detailed world of Command and Conquer was fleshed out from scratch by The Third Floor and Shadowplay teams.[/b]

However, there is speculation that C&C Arena was just a dated code-name for Tiberium, because the title was first spotted before Red Alert 3 was announced. Read more about that here: http://www.cncgeneralsworld.com/newscomments.asp?NewsID=1744

What do you all think?

• Totem Arts Staff

I personally had thought that, from the information EA had released, Tiberium would be a flop in regards to pleasing C&C FPS fans (Renegade community, modding community, etc.) and would be more of a generic shooter. If EA decides to make an arcadey Renegade-esque game with a proper C&C mode, I would be all over it, but if not, I'd rather they stick to RTS, as they are fairly good at that in terms of gameplay.

well .. making another C&C FPS will be a flop cause of community ... everyone want another Renegade and will be disappointed if its not like Renny ... me i odnt care , renny is fun, C&C need another FPS ...

for the info .. i think too its Tiberium stuffs ... plus who care about another C&C FPS right now, we will have RENEGADE X :P

The thing that makes Renegade Renegade isn't its game-style or game-play, but rather its concept. Its idea. Its use of strategy in a dynamic battle through the eyes of each individual soldier. The idea that one single person can change the entire plot of the match.

I don't understand where the "arcady" idea came from, but it doesn't make any sense. Why would people be interested enough to keep playing a game for years and years after its release and years and years to come just because of its target box indicating, health bar dropping, recoil free, endless stamina type game play? It just doesn't make any sense. That's not gripping. That's not epic. It's just how you control the game.

It's what the game is about and what can be done in it that is the backbone behind its ongoing popularity.

Could it be that they made an april fools joke and that some people didn't understand it? It's posted on april the 5th.

When you look at it, the picture says 'Arena, Command and Conquer Unreleased'. Which is kind of a weird title for any game, even if it's not released yet.

On the side you see that list, and Red alert 3 does come after C&C Arena. You also see something called 'Socom'. I checked some sites, and SOCOM is a FPS for the PS3, build by a few teams under direction of Sony. But it says nowhere that EA had a hand in it. it even says 'Zipper interactive' made it on the sites. (friend of yours Zixxer?).

Also, underneath the big quote on top of the screen that says C&C arena, it says 'Mat Reeves (Director) on the cloverfield DVD behind the scene'.

Cloverfield is a horror movie where you get to see a godzilla type of attack from the eyes of a few people who have nothing to do with the actual finding the creature and eliminating it. It's all about 'what the hell is happening, what is attacking us and how are we going to get out of this alive'. Which has nothing to do at all with C&C Arena. Why put it along with the rest? Everything else seems at least a bit focused on games.

It could be that they are talking about Tiberium. It was said both on the forums by their official, and in interviews, that they had to review the entire C&C lore to get the game right. 'We had to start from the beginning (scratch) to see what this tiberium actually was, what does it do, how does it influence the world' and a few lines more like that.

'epic robot battle' could be anything. It could mean the bots they intended to give you in the game to fight your enemies, it could mean the titans, it could mean anything at all really.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

C&C Arena is already out. They've said so themselves.

It was finished before RA3 was even announced.

I think that it was just a code name for the cinematic project for Tiberium. They said it was a success, but if you notice, the cinematics for that game were completed and polished, the game itself was what didn't make t. That's why it was considered a success, even though we as fans never saw it in action.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Apr 6 2009, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could it be that they made an april fools joke and that some people didn't understand it? It's posted on april the 5th.

When you look at it, the picture says 'Arena, Command and Conquer Unreleased'. Which is kind of a weird title for any game, even if it's not released yet.

On the side you see that list, and Red alert 3 does come after C&C Arena. You also see something called 'Socom'. I checked some sites, and SOCOM is a FPS for the PS3, build by a few teams under direction of Sony. But it says nowhere that EA had a hand in it. it even says 'Zipper interactive' made it on the sites. (friend of yours Zixxer?).

Also, underneath the big quote on top of the screen that says C&C arena, it says 'Mat Reeves (Director) on the cloverfield DVD behind the scene'.
Cloverfield is a horror movie where you get to see a godzilla type of attack from the eyes of a few people who have nothing to do with the actual finding the creature and eliminating it. It's all about 'what the hell is happening, what is attacking us and how are we going to get out of this alive'. Which has nothing to do at all with C&C Arena. Why put it along with the rest? Everything else seems at least a bit focused on games.

It could be that they are talking about Tiberium. It was said both on the forums by their official, and in interviews, that they had to review the entire C&C lore to get the game right. 'We had to start from the beginning (scratch) to see what this tiberium actually was, what does it do, how does it influence the world' and a few lines more like that.

'epic robot battle' could be anything. It could mean the bots they intended to give you in the game to fight your enemies, it could mean the titans, it could mean anything at all really.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

The Third Floor is a company that EA outsourced the CGI cutscenes of RA3 to. They don't do games, they do high-quality animation. Hence why they have worked on both cinema and games. Watch their demo reel.

QUOTE (Qbert @ Apr 7 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really would have loved to try out Tiberium, but alas, it was canceled :(
however, it would be interesting if there was a FPS for one of the other story lines. it might just be what is needed. :unsure:[/b]

Id really love a really well done CG movie tbh, dont know why, but i just feel that if it was done right it would be good. but if done wrong it would be really bad

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Apr 6 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Third Floor is a company that EA outsourced the CGI cutscenes of RA3 to. They don't do games, they do high-quality animation. Hence why they have worked on both cinema and games. Watch their demo reel.[/b]

Ok, that explains a lot. Then I'll stick with 'it's tiberium, probably'.