ammo bar near target reticle?

DXR_13KE

its just an idea... take it as such

i know renegade has it for health and ammo, but why not do the ammo one in the shape of a bar? maybe divide the ammo bar into several segments, each segment being a round in your magazine (or a flat one in case of the flame/chem/volt) , maybe make these segments the shape of a bullet, shell or rocket depending on the type of ammo the weapon consumes.... also make it disappear in the same way it did in renegade, maybe make it turn visible and yellow when your ammo is low...

while reloading the bar could become a red flat growing bar that indicates the progress of the weapon reload and when done blinks green.

think of it like Bloodfrontier meets half life 2

File:Bloodfrontier_secure-the-flag_warground.png

what do you guys think?

• 6 months later...

The thing is that the ammo level isn't as important as, say, health or armor levels. Your ammo level constantly depletes and recharges, making a bar or color change really unnecessary. Plus, if all three (ammo, health, armor) have bars and colors, none would stand out. I suggest leaving the ammo counter a monochrome theme, but having the armor and health change colors.

I don't think you understood what he said.

He means, when you fire your weapon, a mini ammo bar appears next to the reticule. If you stop shooting, the bar would fade away until you start firing again. If your ammo falls under, say, 20 shots, it would blink red and stay visible until you reload. (I've lost a lot of fights because I didn't know my ammo was low before I went in)

I think something similar should be done with the health bar on the other side of the reticule.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Oct 3 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think you understood what he said.

He means, when you fire your weapon, a mini ammo bar appears next to the reticule. If you stop shooting, the bar would fade away until you start firing again. If your ammo falls under, say, 20 shots, it would blink red and stay visible until you reload. (I've lost a lot of fights because I didn't know my ammo was low before I went in)

I think something similar should be done with the health bar on the other side of the reticule.[/b]

just like in the original game