Renegade X - April Update: Extremely serious video!

Havoc89

• Former Developers
rhpezo.png

Hey all. It's been a while since you've heard from us. Just a small update for all of you!

Extremely Serious Demonstration Video

We present to you another video that takes you behind the scenes as Fobby explains the reasons behind the mod, and questions that boggle the mind are finally answered as the mod gets ever closer! Featuring exclusive footage never before seen and a look into what is to come; making this a whopping 10 minute long video that will keep you on the edge of your seat!

Streaming

YouTube (Not the greatest but it works!)
Mod DataBase (Recommended)

Download

Standard Definition
High Definition (Recommended)

Thats all folks!

Be sure to keep an eye open for more updates coming soon!

I only saw it today, but it's funny.

I see that you've added the gizmo, which seems to need some work before it's go time :) . And I think you've solved the walking syncronized problem.

A question: will people be able to jump against other with feign death and throw them on the floor as well? If so, People would be jumping at their enemies with 0 credit troopers, and a few shotgunners at the back :) .

QUOTE (unit757 @ Apr 2 2009, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was the one who tackled the sniper, it was all just timing, he feign deathed when I was in mid air, and the rag-doll dealio made it so he went with me.[/b]

Allright, thank the god of modders for that.

'the gizmo' is the repair gun. You can see it when they are shouting about the 'better sounds XX!' stuff. You see a mammoth tank driving in field, then at the bridge a tank blows up, and 3 guys pop out and 'round and start shooting rather stiffly, mostly at the ground next to them with the gizmo. I had to pause it to be sure it wasn't just muzzle flash.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Apr 2 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'the gizmo' is the repair gun. You can see it when they are shouting about the 'better sounds XX!' stuff. You see a mammoth tank driving in field, then at the bridge a tank blows up, and 3 guys pop out and 'round and start shooting rather stiffly, mostly at the ground next to them with the gizmo. I had to pause it to be sure it wasn't just muzzle flash.[/b]

Yeah, thats right, its the repair-gun beam!

LOL

I liked the X part

I also noticed when you said Ren physics... you should see me do flips with a humvee on Under.

but still, Renegade is awesome,

and the bugs are funny.

One that comes to mind is c4 puking.

Oh another one is the blue hell thing xD

Great vid, especially the Red vs Yellow piece... I'm surprised there wasn't a Friendly Fire incident on the GDI Side :lol:

I always thought the "X" stood for Extended; that the new content and ideas for the mod were expanding on the material found in the original C&C Renegade.

I did, of course, notice a few lag issues still in your version -- hopefully these will clear up in an initial build.

ROFLMAO!!! You guys have once again made my month. This was so freaking funny and awesome.. Loved every min of it, from the red vs blue to server crashing lol and even the end part lol.

You guys are awesome, and we love you for remaking such an awesome game and making it even more awesome!

QUOTE (Demigan @ Apr 2 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'the gizmo' is the repair gun. You can see it when they are shouting about the 'better sounds XX!' stuff. You see a mammoth tank driving in field, then at the bridge a tank blows up, and 3 guys pop out and 'round and start shooting rather stiffly, mostly at the ground next to them with the gizmo. I had to pause it to be sure it wasn't just muzzle flash.[/b]

That people in our vids sometimes look stiff when getting out of a vehicle is a bug of the replay system btw and doesent happen in the actual game. This trailer was entirely recorded out of replays and UT3s replaysystem still is a littlebit dodgy with a few problems here and there.

QUOTE (Hyncharas @ Apr 3 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did, of course, notice a few lag issues still in your version -- hopefully these will clear up in an initial build.[/b]

This was also cause of problems we were having with the replays.

QUOTE (RypeL @ Apr 4 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That people in our vids sometimes look stiff when getting out of a vehicle is a bug of the replay system btw and doesent happen in the actual game. This trailer was entirely recorded out of replays and UT3s replaysystem still is a littlebit dodgy with a few problems here and there.

This was also cause of problems we were having with the replays.[/b]

well i learnt something new there, i thought everything was just recorded on the fly, didn't know that unreal 3 allowed replays.

QUOTE (unit757 @ Apr 1 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was the one who tackled the sniper, it was all just timing, he feign deathed when I was in mid air, and the rag-doll dealio made it so he went with me.[/b]

How funny Unit, I never knew that you did anything with these guys. It makes me wonder how many other players I know actually play the mod with the team but use different renegade nicknames. lol. Well, I can think of 3 so far.

QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Apr 5 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How funny Unit, I never knew that you did anything with these guys. It makes me wonder how many other players I know actually play the mod with the team but use different renegade nicknames. lol. Well, I can think of 3 so far.[/b]

Do I know you? :blink: Because I seriously don't remember you lol

Your not thinking of UnitXc, who used to be Unit75 are you?

• 2 weeks later...