I tried to remake the avatar by replacing the numbers "07" with a "x"

Doesn't look that good, but hell at least it says "x" :P

renminix.png

CODE

renminix2.png

CODE

renminix1.png

CODE

And the original for anyone who wants to do a better job!

renminixclear.png

CODE

I'm actually surprised you guys liked it :lol:

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Mar 31 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
renminixclear3.png

B)[/b]

Very good idea!!!

The new line could use some more shadow and darker edges (to give it a slight 3d look, just like the original). You pull that off and i might just say "i heart you" :P

• 3 weeks later...

I edited the "R" and came up with a yellow one to suit my profile, can I ask why it was removed?

EDIT* Right upon reading the rules in your forums I suppose it's somehing I would have to abide by but for future reference I would suggest getting rid of the topic that openly suggests that your allowed to edit them yourself and simply use the avatar as your own official mark. So in effect this topic was a little misleading to me :-P

Oh and as a suggestion, I would prefer you mailed me about using an avatar than replace it with something else :-/

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Apr 21 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like someone else said, I thought that you meant with the words similiar to these icons, 'only these icons'. But now that you clearefied that, I'll think of creating a different style icon (no 'R' involved). So my question stays: how did you make those R's?

If you go to google and look at the Command and Conquer Renegade packaging, you'll see the "Renegade" title on the packaging has this particular R, it's just edited slightly colored red witha drop shadow effect.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Apr 29 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never understood why RX meant pharmacy?

Anyone care to explain?[/b]

The RX comes from some latin words which mean take according to instruction or something of the sort :P And after looking it up on google I got this

Where does the "Rx" for "prescription" come from? Its origins are given variously as an abbreviation of the Latin word "recipe," meaning "take," or as a representation of the astrological sign of Jupiter. This sign was placed on ancient prescriptions to invoke that deity's blessing on the medicine to help the person get well. More recently, the cross at the end of the "R" has been explained as a substitute period.