• Beginning (1995 - C&C Tiberian Dawn)
    • Since C&C Red Alert (1996)
    • Since Tiberian Sun (1999)
    • Since Red Alert 2 (2000)
    • Since C&C Renegade (2002)
    • Since Generals (2003)
    • Since C&C 3: Tiberium Wars (2007)
    • Since Red Alert 3 (2008)

I first saw a C&C game with a friend who at that time lived a few houses away. He was playing Red Alert once when I came in (I was about 8 or 9) and I found the idea of building builds and stuff very cool (not at all for the war aspect at that time, I just liked the idea of building stuff xD). We played it a few times and about a month later I was in a store with a friend of mine and saw a Red Alert combo pack (the huge box with the two expansions in it). I decided to buy it and we got started on the Soviet missions not long after. About a year later I got kind of interested in C&C as a whole when I saw the trailer for Tiberian Sun and found out about the original C&C which I then went out to seek. I found it, played it, and instantly got hooked on the Tiberium universe.

I bought Tiberian Sun as soon as it hit the shelves and bought every other C&C game that came after that as soon as it was available. Like many of us I was afraid for the franchise when Westwood was shut down and EA came with 'Generals' but I have to say my faith in the franchise is restored. The only thing I still fear to this day is that we will never see the conclusion of the Tiberian storyline because of cancellations (recent Tiberium cancellation).

Hm... yeah long story short I've been a fan since Red Alert: Aftermath.

I've only really played the C&C games since Renegade came out. I would notice my cousins playing RA2 though when I'd go over to their house, and was eventually introduced to Renegade, in which they let me borrow a key and burned me a disk :x

my first contact with C&C was in 1998, with C&C TD. and i still remember the hours i spent behind that computer so i could finish the game, still a shame that i never finished it lol... but oh well, i was 8 years old back then lol, so when i couldn't finish a mission after 20 times of trying i stopped playing. but still im in love with the C&C franchise and i think that C&C is one of the best series ever made.

C&C TD was the first game in my family computer along with Worms. As we didn't have any other games we played the ones we got really much. Still remember how Nod had this hard core level (at least for a kid, mission 5??) where you only had couple of guys in your team and you had to steal a box from GDI base and escape with a chinook. Great memories.

My first contact with C&C was with Tiberian Sun (at a friend's), but my first own C&C game was Red Alert 2. Have played all of the games ever since, except C&C3 (checked the demo out once).

I remember hearing about C&C in 7th grade when a friend of mine asked if I had ever heard of it or played it. I said no and he suggested I go check it out. At the time though I didn't really think too much of it and just brushed it off.

Then the Christmas of 02, I got Renegade as a gift. I recognized the name from when my friend suggested it to me, so I was curious to check it out. (At that time, I had no idea what "RTS" was.) I installed it and instantly fell in love with it.

Later I showed another one of my friends Renegade and he liked it as well. Then about a year later, I got a call from him saying he went and bought another C&C game: Red Alert 2. He said it was "different" over the phone, but I didn't really comprehend how "different" it was.

When I got to his house to check it out, I was in utter disgust at what I was seeing. Up until I saw RA2, I thought all C&C games were FPS games. I didn't like how RA2 was an "RTS." However, after I got the chance to play, I began to like it more and more. And from then on, I went backwards in playing C&C games.

So I've been a C&C fan since Renegade.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Umm i guess around 2000 when i was seven lol, it was christmas and parants bought be lots of pc games..1 of them was Red Alert, i had a old machine back then win 98 lols, I'll admit I didn't have a clue and it always puzzled me to how teh fuck i deploy my conyard..I figured out that I needed to move tanks away from the conyard veh lmao, completed it after about 3 or 4 months and then got ra2, then yuri then renegade, played generals too but don't like the others including ra3 (imo totally ruins ra...n generals) R.I.P Westwood :(

I bought UT3 jus for this mod lmao, hope it comes out soon :P

QUOTE (Qbert @ May 5 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem that I see is that not many people play PC games any more, also it is very hard to fing C&C games in the stores so u have to know where to look to find one.[/b]

Online gaming was the last reason to stay a PC gamer and that left with the introduction of XboxLive/others.

Think about it, you can spend a few hundred dollars every 2 years upgrading your hardware for a PC or you can buy an XboX 360 and games will run smooth on it for the 7-8 years that they have it mainstream for,

I've been in it from the beginning. I borrowed the DOS version from my step brother and loved it so much I persuaded my dad to buy me copy which turned out to be the DOS / WIN 95 combined version with 4 discs (2 NOD, 2 GDI).

Been a massive fan ever since :)

Ric

Since RA1 on my Win 3.1 computer, I was .. 6? I found Renegade after discovering it through gamespy when playing ra1 online a bit (years later). I spent a whole day playing the Renegade demo on C&C_Under and it just blew my mind. I bought Renegade before they stopped the official updates :o

Anyways, my first post here but long-time lurker. C&C fan since RA1 ;)

edit: what the, i've posted somewhere before

QUOTE (nudalz @ May 10 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since RA1 on my Win 3.1 computer, I was .. 6? I found Renegade after discovering it through gamespy when playing ra1 online a bit (years later). I spent a whole day playing the Renegade demo on C&C_Under and it just blew my mind. I bought Renegade before they stopped the official updates :o

Anyways, my first post here but long-time lurker. C&C fan since RA1 ;)
edit: what the, i've posted somewhere before[/b]

hi nerdalz!!!

Well I could swear there was Command and Conquer orig. 1993.

But I have been playin C&C since the Beginning.

Started on IBM 386. then a Compaq Presario with 1 Gig of HD.

$3000 back then.

Been a fan CNC since.

Some titles I did not like, red alert 1 was good ra2 okay, but orig concept was the best.

I also really enjoyed then, Xcom and Master of orion series.