[U-WBG] Skin Thread

Stedman75

this is the family so far :)

I will continue on with these soon, after i get my university workload cutdown to

size. tho im not sure which vehicle to work on. everythnig that is nod (more or less) will

have my [u-WBG] changes applied to them.

everyone else I have spoken to has said that it is harder to see sbh with my skin, not easier.

you are the first to say the opposite :huh:

i dont see how it can be more visible,

1. the square texture takes up less of the image than the original electrowaves did,

2. the brightest part of the new texture isnt as bright as the original

3. there are more parts that are completely transparent on the new texture, even parts on the origianl that werent bright were at least faint blue in colour

not to mention i was stood right next to the enemy sbh to take the picture.

my skin is alot easier to miss than the original one was. :)

Unit

QUOTE (UnitXc @ Mar 17 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
everyone else I have spoken to has said that it is harder to see sbh with my skin, not easier.

you are the first to say the opposite :huh:

i dont see how it can be more visible,

1. the square texture takes up less of the image than the original electrowaves did,

2. the brightest part of the new texture isnt as bright as the original

3. there are more parts that are completely transparent on the new texture, even parts on the origianl that werent bright were at least faint blue in colour

not to mention i was stood right next to the enemy sbh to take the picture.

my skin is alot easier to miss than the original one was. :)

Unit[/b]

So thats the disadvantage I was talking about... however any skin changes at all means changes to the perception for/of the player itself, so there are always advantages/disadvantages compared to normal status. No matter how hard you try to reach the original.

(e.g. shiny-mines)

• 2 months later...

hey ho guys, its been a while since i have skinned coz i been studying, i even banned myself from everything jelly so i couldnt be distracted as that was what made me lose so much time.

but with uni now over till september, and summer relaxation kicking in, i thought id get back to finishing my skin pack, for at least the vehicles :D

anyway, here she is...

U-WBGFlamer3.jpg

U-WBGFlamer2.jpg

U-WBGFlamer1.jpg

U-WBGFlamer4.jpg

weighing in at a hefty 11+ hours, it was not a 10 minute job and easily the hardest vehicle to skin thus far, also i had to relearn how to use photoshop after my long absence :)

thanks all and enjoy

As usual; nice work buddy.

Btw, your out of school for the summer right? Since you don't have any 3d design stuff going on at class, I'm sure I can see why your so bored. ;)

I don't think we've added each other on facebook, but we should have. Hunter is on mine; add me if you want.

I'm going back to my British Literature work. Later.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 25 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still don't see how people can play the game without their eyes bleeding with these kinds of high-contrast super-saturated skins. :unsure:[/b]

um what?

my skins are perfectly fine thanks, black on white with green to even it out...

QUOTE (Pr0eX @ Mar 17 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So thats the disadvantage I was talking about... however any skin changes at all means changes to the perception for/of the player itself, so there are always advantages/disadvantages compared to normal status. No matter how hard you try to reach the original.

(e.g. shiny-mines)[/b]

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, I'm a cheater if I purposely put myself at a disadvantage to other people?

So if I start and host an 'All vs me' sniper server and require all the players, other than myself, to download, install and use big head modifications, then I'm a cheater? (Meaning I'd have a normal game and be on GDI and everyone else would have big head modifications and be on Nod)

I still don't see how people can play the game without their eyes bleeding with these kinds of high-contrast super-saturated skins. [\quote]

lol...

The green part does make it almost hurt your eyes if you play it long enough I bet; but it's all of a matter of perspective and preference to the players. When your completely done with everything I'd like to see it. You should change the land color as well on those maps like vanilla did. With a new land color it just may be the thing to change everyone's out look on the skins.

I'm starting to not care anymore about the skins in renegade though. Every time I look at Renegade X I keep on thinking "Oh my gosh!"

In the mean time I'll play on atomix or a little bit of COD:WAW.

I'm thinking about writing an article over the new Ghostbusters game for a magazine. Do you guys have any thoughts on to what new release I should choose?