Steamworks

FredWP

https://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/

I wonder, seeing how Steamworks integrated with Unreal Tournament 3, how will Steamworks integrate with Renegade X (if possibly at all).

• Will Renegade X get released on Steam through Steamworks?
  • For people who got Unreal Tournament 3 through Steam, will this modification work?
  • Is there a possibility of releasing (selling) this standalone? Steam might get you there.

These are really my only concerns. I hope I can get some clarification before the release (as I plan to bring in a lot of people to this game so I would like to know ^^).

It makes me wonder what would happen if you offer the final product to EA though. Since it's based on the UT engine it's going to be a legal nightmare for them to even show interest in it of course, but it always bums me out how the modding community always does such awesome work for such extensive periods of time only to see the mod played for a while before it dies out relatively soon.

I'm gonna be promoting the shit out of this game, promise.

QUOTE (TigerXtrm @ Mar 15 2009, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It makes me wonder what would happen if you offer the final product to EA though. Since it's based on the UT engine it's going to be a legal nightmare for them to even show interest in it of course, but it always bums me out how the modding community always does such awesome work for such extensive periods of time only to see the mod played for a while before it dies out relatively soon.

I'm gonna be promoting the shit out of this game, promise.[/b]

Yes, having it to somehow appear on Steam (other free HL2 mods have appeared on Steam as well) will definitely help in promoting this game.

Well Valve is generally very positive about their modding community. EA on the other hand, the money hungry bitches they are, won't allow anything unless they can make a buck off it. None the less it might not hurt to try and ask all parties involved. If Epic, EA and Valve all give the okay to promote the game (on Steam for example) and as long as no profit is made, there should, theoretically, be no problem. However lawyers in three piece suits have been known to prove me wrong in the past so don't take my word for this xD.