What were your stomping grounds?

Techno

QUOTE (Vetter71 @ Aug 10 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to play with a great group of guys called HAZTEAM. =HT= tags.

We played Renegade from day one. So many nights we played, teamwork earned us a reputation as the team to beat back in the day. I miss flame rushing the GDI bases with my old =HT= brothern. Hope this MOD captures the game play we used to enjoy.

Game On![/b]

I still remember you trying to get me banned constantly, Vetter. I though it was great irony when I went to Slayer to... "moderate" you.

(Content Removed)

Since htserv1 and the other versions of it went down, I haven't played very much Renegade. When I did, I was a rather... destructive Officer or Gunner. (I've actually managed to snipe a Sakura with a headshot rocket launcher on C&C_Walls and once on C&C_Under, both ridiculous long-ranged shots. The occurrence on C&C_Under, ecml was on and commented on it.) Waiting for the mod to be released so I can get my current group of internet friends into it.

QUOTE (Teal @ Aug 11 2009, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still remember you trying to get me banned constantly, Vetter. I though it was great irony when I went to Slayer to... "moderate" you.

(Content Removed)

Since htserv1 and the other versions of it went down, I haven't played very much Renegade. When I did, I was a rather... destructive Officer or Gunner. (I've actually managed to snipe a Sakura with a headshot rocket launcher on C&C_Walls and once on C&C_Under, both ridiculous long-ranged shots. The occurrence on C&C_Under, ecml was on and commented on it.) Waiting for the mod to be released so I can get my current group of internet friends into it.[/b]

LOL slayer and me were like brothers, That was just too funny. We had a blast playing Renegade together. He laughed sooo hard when you were complaining about me. No slayer plays nothing but WOW. Which is a fail. The real funny thing is I still play with Blandge and Naz and they remember you being a pain in the rear too. Funny Teal. . .

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (StripeyTL @ Aug 28 2009, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone here play on the clan scene in late 2001-2002? Those were the good old days.. OPS,FooFoo,WL,CW,DoA. The community was small enough that you got to know every one else. It was great.[/b]

I remember those days. My clan emerged in the 2003 days and suprisingly although the community was large at the time, it was divided into WOL and GSA. There were even seperate servers at the time. WOL at the time mainly consisted of people who previously played RA2 and such, while Gamespy players played various other FPS games and were mostly in clans. I remember when the GSA clans were gse, UN, FLY, OZ, Aug_Elite, {rage}, TA, SH, and others.... good times!

QUOTE (b3h1ndu @ Mar 11 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always used to play on Renstation (fastc0nn).

Was always my favourite place to go.[/b]

QUOTE (CRiX2k @ Mar 21 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Renstation FTW ;)

i know bob was there too! but apparently he doesnt remember :P[/b]
^^ Loved that server. That's where I started, and I loved that server. When Renstation (sadly) shut down, I started playing on Baddog-Gaming, and eventually St0rm. Nowadays I play at Atomix, and that's where I'll stay I think.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Mar 20 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say the best Renetime ever would be 2005/2006. After that point things began going downhill in terms of player numbers and servers.

Though I have been playing since the Renegade demo, which came out at around late 2001.[/b]
I'd agree there...that's when I first joined, and it was soo much fun :D

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Mar 20 2009, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say the best Renetime ever would be 2005/2006. After that point things began going downhill in terms of player numbers and servers.[/b]

I agree, lots of good players and regulars. I was playing in the Jelly Map Pack back then, good times.

I still play in Jelly Servers, and I encourage you all to play Renegade and find a community. Then play more Renegade.

I was there from the beginning and was a founding member of the Pitts (admittedly all I did was play, but I was like member #9 when we broke off and created the server).

I was in a clan called the obfuscators with some key community members then when they moved on I joined the Chosen clan which were a group of competitive 500 snipers known for being elite.

I remember every single moment of every single drama renegade ever hosted and have been involved in some of the pivotal moments for the ren community.

It's the reason I am here, now, working this thing to keep it alive.

QUOTE (Gasolin3 @ Sep 1 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Noobstories, aow and atomix gaming mostly, but noobstories banned me for good because they thought I was cheating, which I wasn't, but hey, they were sure of it.[/b]

That happened to me too, but after 2 and a half month they retracted it for no apparent reason. Shame they stopped though.