Do you have UT3?

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

Unreal Tournament 3  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Unreal Tournament 3

• Yes, I bought it for Renegade X!
    • Yes, but not for Renegade X.
    • No, I don't have UT3

I bought it because I thought it would be a good game.

However, the titan pack update they released recently showed me two things:

1: they can make the game far more interesting with just a few extra features

2: they are absolute idiots when it comes to balancing some levels (Suspence Necris has been made purely to see how many massacres one team can get in one game)

QUOTE (Demigan @ Mar 10 2009, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought it because I thought it would be a good game.

However, the titan pack update they released recently showed me two things:
1: they can make the game far more interesting with just a few extra features
2: they are absolute idiots when it comes to balancing some levels (Suspence Necris has been made purely to see how many massacres one team can get in one game)[/b]

2. Na UT people just like to have 5 diff versions of the same map :P like what Bret is doing

As soon as this game goes into it's first public (or private, for which I'd happily apply) test phase I'm getting UT3. UT itself never really did much for me, not my kind of game play. However a lot of good mods are being done on the engine, and Renegade X alone is enough reason to get it. Heck I'd pay for Renegade X with the quality I've been seeing here. The amount of work being done here deserves to be paid on some degree.

I bought it for Renegade X. I maybe played the game itself for 5 minutes and it's not really my thing.

Also got a few other friends (who I used to play Renegade with) to buy Unreal Tournament 3 after I showed them a few videos of Renegade X.

i would just like to say i saw this was OMGWTFSWEEEET so i just bought ut3 to play this when its out as its 8quid on steam, i used to play renegade so so much, and the red alert mod from days gone by.. i really cant wait to play this, tbh ill probably change my server thats running L4D atm to renx when its out

QUOTE (TigerXtrm @ Mar 15 2009, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As soon as this game goes into it's first public (or private, for which I'd happily apply) test phase I'm getting UT3. UT itself never really did much for me, not my kind of game play. However a lot of good mods are being done on the engine, and Renegade X alone is enough reason to get it. Heck I'd pay for Renegade X with the quality I've been seeing here. The amount of work being done here deserves to be paid on some degree.[/b]

modders can not ask $ for there mod, but donating is posible:P
if you realy wanna give monny i am willing to give you a nr to put it on :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah I got UT3 to play UT3 when steam had it for €8,99.

But after two weeks, I discovered somebody mentioning this mod on facepunch studios. I did a search and found RenegadeX at Moddb, and I fell in love with this mod.

I still enjoy UT3 now and then, actually.. It's one of my favorite games. But this mod is probably going to change that. Renegade meant a lot to me in my past, even had a modding project up back then which died out.

Sorry for bumping, I need to get used to this forum fast :lol:

I wasn't sure if I should've checked 'bought for Ren-X' because that WILL be the case. I plan on waiting to let the price go down as much as it will until Ren-X's release. I have little interest in the UT game itself, just the engine for games like Ren-X. My laptop probably isn't powerful enough for UT3 engine graphics, so I hope I have a new desktop by the release date.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Jul 1 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I dunno if it will go down much more than $10 except for those special "free/discount" weekends on Steam.[/b]

lol. I guess I didn't realize that it was already that cheap. I'll probably still get it around the time that i see done/almost done news for Renegade-X
I've heard all kinds of nice things about the UT3 engine, but never had much interest in the game.

P.S. Sorry for improper abbreviation of Renegade-X in previous post, I forgot that it was the name for the G-max Renegade tool. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought UT3 first day after its release because I'm a great UT fan.. :) I like the game cause it returns to the origins of UT. Graphics, gameplay and performance are awesome especially if you compare the game to other next gen shooters like crysis which is only playable on high settings with a 1500 Euro pc. To my mind companies like EA could learn from epic games. E.g. they released the new Titan Pack which is free and contains a lot of new stuff, game modes, maps, mutators etc. Epic tries to improve UT3 because a lot of people criticized it wasn't really finished when it was released. When I buy a game I want to know that it is worth the money I pay for it.

So everyone who likes UT or fast fps games in general should buy the game ;-) It won't get boring until Renegade X will be released :D

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (spellman @ Jul 30 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bought it during a special.

Mostly for the sexy mods being made for it like RenegadeX, but not exclusively for RenegadeX. Found this mod after the purchase.[/b]

Hey, if you like singleplayer mods, go download The Ball.
http://theball.toltecstudios.com/
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-ball

Edit: dunno why I didn't say it when I originally posted, but I bought UT3 for Renegade X, and then found out about a couple other mods like The Ball. I'll have to try the other ones spellman suggested when I have free time.

I just bought is because I like Unreal Tournament and I hoped that a lot of great mods will come like at UT 2003/2004.

Then I found Renegade X :) Bought it for around 20 € in Steelcase a few month after release with Artbook, the default version were more expensive it cost around 40-45 €xD

QUOTE (havoc9826 @ Jul 31 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, if you like singleplayer mods, go download The Ball.
http://theball.toltecstudios.com/
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-ball[/b]

Heh, already have it. I put it down for a bit, got a bit draining, but probably should complete it some day.

I also have Haunted, Angels Fall First, and Sanctum. I'm also watching moddb constantly and the Make Something Unreal for other awesome mods.

• 2 weeks later...