Ren X will ruin the videogame industry!

epicelite

I can still remember getting ADSL connection for very first time and starting to play Renegade immediately. As it was my first internet online multiplayer game I was thinking that there will be many great multiplayer games just like this one after a couple of years. I can't describe how wrong I was. Now, 6 years later I still haven't seen anything even nearly as good as it is.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Mar 6 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well EA's already made accommodations for this by canceling their Tiberium project :lol:

Just joking guys.[/b]

LOL, I don't really blame them, to compete with Ren-X they would have had to actually put effort in Tiberium, which of course they would not have done.

QUOTE (CrazyAndy @ Mar 7 2009, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can still remember getting ADSL connection for very first time and starting to play Renegade immediately. As it was my first internet online multiplayer game I was thinking that there will be many great multiplayer games just like this one after a couple of years. I can't describe how wrong I was. Now, 6 years later I still haven't seen anything even nearly as good as it is.[/b]

Ditto,

renegade is my first and favorite. now in the future, companies rely more on graphics than gameplay. hmmm :mellow:

QUOTE (CrazyAndy @ Mar 7 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can still remember getting ADSL connection for very first time and starting to play Renegade immediately. As it was my first internet online multiplayer game I was thinking that there will be many great multiplayer games just like this one after a couple of years. I can't describe how wrong I was. Now, 6 years later I still haven't seen anything even nearly as good as it is.[/b]

same thing happened to me!

QUOTE (CrazyAndy @ Mar 7 2009, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol the same thing happened to me. I failed 9th grade business tech because of this game and clanwars.cc. I've yet to find a multiplayer FPS to rival it.

QUOTE (CrazyAndy @ Mar 7 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha OMG, I'm with you 100% on this!

It seems there is a pattern here. Most of us had renegade as our first FPS and thats why we hold it close to our hearts!

QUOTE (TD @ Mar 7 2009, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, I don't really blame them, to compete with Ren-X they would have had to actually put effort in Tiberium, which of course they would not have done.[/b]

I also agree with you even though they never said that they cancelled it because of Ren X. If both this mod and that game came out at the same time then all the C&C fans would play this instead of Tiberium; lol that would be funny if they cancelled the game because of all of the petitions. I know I signed up on it. =)

QUOTE (CrazyAndy @ Mar 7 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You little bugger, i was a lagger back in the day, stupid 56k was all i could get, but your 100% right, i havnt see a game that is nearly as good as ren

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (epicelite @ Mar 19 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No they are just too young to be on the internet. :P[/b]

lol...Mine was on dial up...it was either quake 2 with some cool mods...or it was C&C 95 lol...buggy rush FTW!!!! I remember some games lasting forever...cuz my slow pc or my dial up lol...ppl would disconnect/leave as soon as they saw how slow the game started. Lasting like an hour or 2 sometimes for 1 game lol

I know I'm old lol...I made my nephews play C&C 95 at my house when they were young so I could 2v1 them on my Coax peer-to-peer network! yes...Coax. lol