Renegade X - Recruitment!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

renxmoty.jpg

Renegade X is an Unreal Tournament 3 total conversion mod, and our intention is to remake the Westwood classic, C&C Renegade. It is a war-themed mod, with two unique factions, each with its own play style, weapons, vehicles, and structures.

Our latest trailer:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x/videos

We have a large, diverse & enthusiastic team, and just recently Renegade X scored 3rd place in the annual Mod DB 'Mod of the Year' (MOTY 2009) awards out of thousands of other mods. If you're looking for a mod, then consider the positions we have available:

Character Artists: We need a character artist, capable of modeling current generation style characters - high poly & low poly models, normal maps and textures.

Environment Artists: We require an environment artist for building textures, both interior and exterior.

Weapon Artists: We need a weapons artist, capable of modeling and texturing weapons. We will also consider artists who can only texture weapons and not model them.

Renegade X will look great on your portfolio ;) Thank you for your consideration!

-Renegade X Team

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also add that applicants must be able to take criticisms of their work professionally and not personally. We're remaking something that already exists so although there are certain artistic liberties that can be taken (see other Renegade X art and how it is different from C&C Renegade :P), if we don't think it looks right you're going to be redoing it. ;) Possibly with multiple revisions.

Nice work, thanks for putting up a new view of the MOD. As always it is EXCELLENT! I too am a boink fan but am not married to the other sounds. Whatever works best and the stuff in all the videos is incredible. Soon, soon (He begs...)

Wiz

• 2 weeks later...

I've been practising alot with photoshop. I don't exactly have a portfolio yet, but I've just begun to make one...

I'd love if someone could pm me a texture that needs to be done, I'll have a stab at it and you could tell me if its any good :)

even if it's crap, some educated critique could do me wonders :D

• 3 weeks later...

Do you need more mappers?

Here is my work: galleries

I talked few times with Zixxer about joining you guys, but I was not sure if i can dedicate enough time for it. Now I think I can finish at least one map. I can also make you some pretty custom vertex painted rocks, simple meshes. Textures are my weak spot atm, but materials and emitters have almost no secrets (besides beam and trail emitter).

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Apr 3 2009, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm it looks like you're good with layouts and also remakes. You think you're pretty good at outdoor environments? Ours are almost exclusively outdoors.[/b]

Yes I can make terrains and stuff. Just did not go into making outdoor levels because I prefer maps with more details per m2 and on small maps i can go much more insane with fancy effects. I also can provide some nifty custom , vertex colored rocks. I finally found easy way to model and uv map them.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to apply for the weapons artist position. I do quality work, I can model, unwrap, texture, rig and animate, and I take never ever take criticisms personally. Although I *have* done a projection mapping before to get high poly normals onto a low poly model, I've only done it once and would need to brush up on it. Here's my portfolio: www.mattfabian.com/media.html.

That looks good, just be aware that you need ot wrok the normal, diffuse and specular maps, not just the diffuse like in ren. I woul just get in contact with fobby and I'm sure he can get you something to do.

As for your forum profile, just re-register with your new name, I can't figure out how to change your name :P

I wish i could learn to model faster :(

I just got 3DS Max 10 and I'm trying it out and all, kinda for this game. haha. I've accomplished anything i've ever tried with computers before so my luck musta struck out if i cant do this :lol:

I'll check back in with you guys with something. Maybe someone could PM me something you havent done yet so that i can try it out? (I don't wanna make something that will just be thrown out cause you have one of them already)

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (titi577 @ Jul 25 2009, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haaa, if only i knew how to mods stuff :( [/b]

oh i can mod stuff, i am just really bad at doing it. As i have no tallent there.

scripting/ video editing i can do. though video editing my skills are once again lacking.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you still looking for help? I'm an industry artist and long time C&C fan. I'm capable of doing just about anything from concepting to animation and everything in between. The one gotcha is that I've never used the unreal tech. I actually only bought UT3 so I could play this mod.

Anyway, id be interested in helping out if you need it. I can produce a portfolio if needed.

• 1 month later...

Hi, i was wondering if you were still looking for 3D artists, i graduated from uni last june in computer animation but specialize in character modeling (though i can also lend my hand props, weapons and environment art). i can create all my own normal maps from high polygon models i make in z-brush and also paint my diffuse mpas in photoshop.

Im currently rebuilding my show reel but below i have posted some examples of work.

2 characters both under 11k polys (tris)

manwire.jpg

nornwarrior3shot.jpg

archerwire.jpg

nornarcher3shot.jpg

remington1100.jpg

remingtonUT3engine.jpg

FN-scar.jpg

FN-scarUT3engine.jpg

(in game renders from ut3 engine)

thanks

cuse

yes indeed. i use z-brush ' i can create all my own normal maps from high polygon models i make in z-brush and also paint my diffuse maps in photoshop.' ;)

my pipeline tends to be create highpoly using max/and or z-brush, use decimator to bring high poly down and back into max, then build the low poly using high poly as a template, unwrap the low poly and bake the normal maps off the high poly in max using render to texture.

• 3 months later...

Are you still looking for a weapon artist? I am a student of Ferris State University in their Digital Animation and Game Design program and I was looking for some summer projects. I have not modeled a weapon in a long time so the ones I have are crap but I do have a few other 3d models proving my skill level. If you are still looking, email me and I will send you some of my work for your consideration.

• 2 months later...

Hi. Are you still looking for Environment artists? (Although that's not what I'm think of) Like, do you need some one to come up with concepts for MP or Campaign maps? Or something else that you need right now?

Currently I am working on RA3 Paradox as a mapper, and I'm also working on RA3 Unleashed as a concept artist. I still have plenty of time to contribute to this mod, too. Please contact me if you need something.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there guys,

I dont know if you are still looking for character modelers, but if you are, then I'd love to apply.

I am a 3rd year student, studying 3D modelling and animation, in the UK.

I am training for the games industry specifically, and have worked across the spectrum of different art types for games. Ranging from environment and world design to prop and vehicle work to Character modeling and Animation.

I am focusing my attention into character modeling as a career, as it is the area I have enjoyed most, and feel that I am most suited to as an artist. I have previous experience with the UT3 engine, and have made maps for it as university projects. This project would really suit me, and would look great on my portfolio, not to mention being great fun to model for!

If you are interested you can find my portfolio at http://terrybaldock.deviantart.com/.

Cheers

Terry

Yep!

Best way to reach me is terry [at] terrybaldock.co.uk.

That gets checked several times a day, I do have msn, and can give you the addy, but I am rarely on it. I can set it up so that it auto logs in, so that I can be reached easily. Send me an email and I'll let you know my msn in a reply if you want it (cant pm you).

Well while people are offering their services I guess I could do the same if you need me :)

I'm a student in software engineering and human-computer interaction, including interaction design. (That is how the human brain processes information and how to make stuff easily understandable and useable without too much effort or training. Also studying how interfaces work and how to improve them. Also studying people to find out what they want in a product.)

I guess you don't really need anything like that since the HUD and game modes are done and kinda the same as the old Renegade, but if you ever need an interaction designer I could help :D

Great job btw guys

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I was listening to the Black Dawn pod cast and I heard one of the guys say you need C#/java programmers.

I would like to join your team since I use C# heavily (and java is very close to C#) and I am currently majoring in both. As well as I am employed by one of the highest ranking software companies in the U.S. as a Solutions Developer. I also know a good sum of C++ but I am not that heavily involved with that.

Portfolio wise I created:

-a renegade server bot many times in VB6, C#, C++, VB.Net.

-renegade server side plugins. w/ sockets.

-fluent in the IRC/XWIS protocols.

-xwis chat client

-fluent in web development: php, html, css, asp.net.

-fluent in SQL.

Thanks,

Tom - halo2pac.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys!

I dont know if you guys are still looking for people, but thought I'd drop by and provide a new link to my portfolio and showreel. I am currently looking for some pieces to work on to fill my portfolio and have some fun whilst doing so!

portfolio - http://www.terrybaldock.co.uk

2011 Showreel -

email - terrybaldock [at] hotmail.co.uk

PS, I applied last year, but didnt really hear back, thought I'd throw another message your way!

Cheers,

Terry

• 4 months later...

Hi. Long time renegade fan. Greatest game Ive ever seen. Truly classic.

Amazing work done here. Wanted to help any way I can.

Thought since I have experience in Broadcasting I would at least ask for a chance to do a voice over.

I directed Numerous newshows in High school.

I have Mirc And Ventrilo And Working temp. at a Bojangles I have heard quite a few people compliment me on my verbal skills saying things like "Youd be great in tele communications, broadcasting.."

Side note: Joining the Military. Studying atm. Shooting for the sky; literally. Pilot

• 2 months later...
  • Fffreak9999 locked this topic
  • Agent unlocked, unpinned and locked this topic